2nd line centre.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Yep, and we need Johansson to rescue the team once they all fail along those lines. Just like we need Laich as insurance against F/D/G calamities. A winning strategy if there ever was - have a mediocre player to plug into a role once all the starters can no longer perform.

we should get a gm that will get rid of all of them and get some good players

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Look, I'm not Scotty Bowman, but it seems pretty obvious.

All three Swedes on one line so they can speak their native tongue and make nice passes and wear their Swedes on Bikes t-shirts.

Then a line anchored by overpaid, humorless Canadian leaders of men, i.e. 20 & 21, plus Beagle, because, screw Beagle.

A line with productive, hard-working, unassuming Canadians -- Ward, Chimera, and Fehr.

And then you stick the two Russians with Wilson because, fireworks.

Seems fairly simple to me.

Halpysback*

All three Swedes on one line so they can speak their native tongue and make nice passes and wear their Swedes on Bikes t-shirts.

Then a line anchored by overpaid, humorless Canadian leaders of men, i.e. 20 & 21, plus Beagle, because, screw Beagle.

A line with productive, hard-working, unassuming Canadians -- Ward, Chimera, and Fehr.

that's acually brilliant

Klargplutte

Sep 15, 2012

THIS , make it happen Trotz :yo:

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
This situation screams 'trade'. It'd be fantastic if one of the internal options would work, but every option being tried is a more natural winger. Let's hope GMBM's apparent aggressiveness advantage over GMGM extends to the trade market.

Bryan Little might be a player to target, if Winnipeg wants to give Scheifele more ice time.

I also wonder how interested Buffalo would be in trading Hodgson, given how heavily they've invested draft picks at center the past few drafts.

Vermette could be another option.

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
I don't really get the idea of dumping Johansson to make room for Burakovsky. Shiny new toy.

I tend to agree. At a minimum, make Bura spend a the first 20 games in Hershey and then bring him up if he's producing and if our other players aren't working out.

SDBondra

Jul 24, 2005

I endorse this post.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006

make Bura spend a the first 20 games in Hershey and then bring him up if he's producing OR if our other players aren't working out.

I fixed that for you.

I do not want Hershey to be the measuring stick for our top prospects, ignoring all they did in a much larger sample size, the one that made us use a top pick on them.

If we have centers dominating here, sure Bura and others can buy their time in Hershey. But we already know, its not going to be the case. Especially with the anchors our 2C has to lug around.

I don't rubber stamp the "he has to prove himself in Hershey" in a handful of games before our top prospects get a chance, as our mish mash of random players thrown together up here continues. Especially when our team has been a hot mess offensively for 4 years. Anyone that fits on a line that produces, I expect Barry to keep them around.

Players have to fit on lines, play with complementary players, be used correctly and to their strengths. That may not happen in a short stint in Hershey and dare I think its more likely.

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
To me its obvious that it should be Burakovsky. In fact I'm sure thats how it will go.

This guy has no business being in Hershey or going to the WJCs. He's been our best player in like half the preseason games.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
This guy has no business being in Hershey or going to the WJCs. He's been our best player in like half the preseason games.

How many young guys have had very nice preseasons and then clearly weren't ready when the games actually counted? A lot.

I'm not saying he hasn't earned the right to start the season in DC and see how things go but I am far from convinced he couldn't learn a lot in Hershey.

In general preseason games means squat IMO...

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
How many young guys have had very nice preseasons and then clearly weren't ready when the games actually counted? A lot.

I'm not saying he hasn't earned the right to start the season in DC and see how things go but I am far from convinced he couldn't learn a lot in Hershey.

In general preseason games means squat IMO...

I guess we'll see how he performs in the regular season.

A game like last night is alot different than the one in Buffalo. Last night pretty much both teams fielded their regular NHL rosters and Burakovsky still looked great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad