2nd best player in the world?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2nd best player in the world

• Total voters

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
As previously mentioned, 1 of Kucherov, Matthews, Drai, MacK or Makar. Voted Matthews as he is the reigning hart, Lindsay and rocket winner.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Draisaitl
Kucherov
Makar
Would be my next 3 in order.
Then McKinnon, Fox and Matthews in some order.
Lol at those voting Jack Hughes already.

Last edited:
Reactions: RedWingzz

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Its Drai, has been for years.
This season is not his strongest though. Crazy that hes on the same team as McDavid. But he do has a playoff recird already. Most points in a serie, right?

I voted MacKinnon. But a hot Draisaitl is just as good sniper as Matthews.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Draisaitl/Makar for 2 and 3 in some order.

Gets interesting after that. Probably MacKinnon/Kucherov for 4 and 5.

A bit of a slow start this year but Matthews is still in the top 5 conversation as well.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Devils fans suddenly have a bone to pick with Drai, weird what half a good season does.

Drai has been producing at nearly a 120 point pace for 5 years. Its him, Kucherov is close as well.
It’s just objectively true that he is getting extremely poor results defensively, which is a large percentage of a player’s impact. You are not just what your point total says you are. Not a very difficult concept to grasp, nor is the fact that he’s playing with Wayne Gretzky.

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Why don’t you vote for Karlsson yourself instead of calling for me to help out? :laugh:
Seriously though, I understand if you want more consistency over the last couple of years you could vote MacKinnon, Matthews, Kucherov.
This season only however it’s easily Karlsson. However Karl should get the benefit of the doubt that this is his actual level when healthy cause of his previous prime. Why it doesn’t make sense to pick Makar over Karlsson either since he doesn’t have long enough track record to surpass Karlsson and the question isn’t “going forward” as far as I know.

Ah, this poll only shows no one is watching any SJ games anyway.
You choose Makar over Karlsson because he’s had the best start to his career in the Nhl in the history of the league( including Karlsson) and just starting his prime. He’s not going to fall off anytime soon. This is Makars fourth year in the league and since he’s been in the league the only d man that comes close is Adam Fox.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Players better than Jason Robertson. Tage Thompson, Brad Marchand, David Pastrnak, Sidney Crosby.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Why don’t you vote for Karlsson yourself instead of calling for me to help out? :laugh:
Seriously though, I understand if you want more consistency over the last couple of years you could vote MacKinnon, Matthews, Kucherov.
This season only however it’s easily Karlsson. However Karl should get the benefit of the doubt that this is his actual level when healthy cause of his previous prime. Why it doesn’t make sense to pick Makar over Karlsson either since he doesn’t have long enough track record to surpass Karlsson and the question isn’t “going forward” as far as I know.

Ah, this poll only shows no one is watching any SJ games anyway.
Are you a Sharks fan? Otherwise I’m sure you rarely if ever watched Sharks games before Karlsson was traded there

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Voted Makar.

No issue though with anyone picking Drai, Kuch, MacKinnon, Matthews etc.

Many great options for #2

Anyone there is good at 2. I agree.

McDavid is clear cut in his own tier, he’s a transcendent talent and in the conversation as being the most talented player to ever play the sport.

I have Makar, Drai, Kucherov, MacKinnon, and Matthews in that next tier of players. Wouldn’t be overly fussed in what order. All have a case.

Guys like Fox, Thompson, Kaprizov, Pasta, Hughes, etc. in the following tiers of players.

Lots of excellent talent in the Speed & Skill Era. We really are kind of in a golden age right now in terms of the talent in the league and especially with Bedard coming up too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad