2nd best player in the world?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

2nd best player in the world

• Total voters

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
With Makar and Matthews (the consensus picks before the start of the season) having a little slow starts, it's time to revisit this.

Who is currently the 2nd best player in the world?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
1673965027380.png

1673965066722.png

How is the guy that is 3rd in points and 2nd in goals not even an option to vote for?

What more should he do? If you eliminate McDavid he's first in goals and 2nd in points.

13 options and he's not one of them?

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Ben White.
Why don’t you vote for Karlsson yourself instead of calling for me to help out? :laugh:
Seriously though, I understand if you want more consistency over the last couple of years you could vote MacKinnon, Matthews, Kucherov.
This season only however it’s easily Karlsson. However Karl should get the benefit of the doubt that this is his actual level when healthy cause of his previous prime. Why it doesn’t make sense to pick Makar over Karlsson either since he doesn’t have long enough track record to surpass Karlsson and the question isn’t “going forward” as far as I know.

Ah, this poll only shows no one is watching any SJ games anyway.

Last edited:

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Why don’t you vote for Karlsson yourself instead of calling for me to help out? :laugh:
Seriously though, I understand if you want more consistency over the last couple of years you could vote MacKinnon, Matthews, Kucherov.
This season only however it’s easily Karlsson. However Karl should get the benefit of the doubt that this is his actual level when healthy cause of his previous prime. Why it doesn’t make sense to pick Makar over Karlsson either since he doesn’t have long enough track record to surpass Karlsson and the question isn’t “going forward” as far as I know.

If the question was 2nd best D this season then sure Karlsson makes sense. Karlsson can’t be the 2nd best player behind McDavid when he’s not even the best Dman. It’s Fox and it’s really not a debate

Reactions: kroufum

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
If the question was 2nd best D this season then sure Karlsson makes sense. Karlsson can’t be the 2nd best player behind McDavid when he’s not even the best Dman. It’s Fox and it’s really not a debate
It certainly seems to be a debate as EK is running away with all the Norris polls, not only on HF.

What’s exactly your argument for Fox anyway? I assume you’re not watching any Shark’s games as the eye test suggests Fox is not even in the same ball park this season as Karlsson. So what stat are you referring to? Looking at the offence it looks like this: Karlsson 58 points, Fox 45
Karlsson 42 ES points, Fox 29
Karlsson has 25 primary assists vs 19 secondary
Fox has 14 primary assists vs 22 secondary
And Karlsson is doing it surrounded with about four times less talent than Fox is. What stat suggests that Fox is compensating for this in other areas?

Last edited:

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Devils fans suddenly have a bone to pick with Drai, weird what half a good season does.
I'm a Rangers fan and I happen to agree with him.

We keep hearing about how the Oilers have the #1 and #2 players (and #1 is arguably a top-10 all-time player who is a mile ahead of #2, that part is true), and they can barely make the playoffs.

I know it's team game but something doesn't add up.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Makar, Matthews, Kucherov, and Draisailt are all in the same tier where they could be argued at number two.
Came here to say this but for the rest of the season I would take Makar.

It certainly seems to be a debate as EK is running away with all the Norris polls, not only on HF.

What’s exactly your argument for Fox anyway? I assume you’re not watching any Shark’s games as the eye test suggests Fox is not even in the same ball park this season as Karlsson. So what stat are you referring to? Looking at the offence it looks like this: Karlsson 58 points, Fox 45
Karlsson 42 ES points, Fox 29
Karlsson has 25 primary assists vs 19 secondary
Fox has 14 primary assists vs 22 secondary
And Karlsson is doing it surrounded with about four times less talent than Fox is. What stat suggests that Fox is compensating for this in other areas?
Defense?

But either way neither player is really a serious candidate for #2 IMO.

Reactions: jigglysquishy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad