Post-Game Talk: #26: Flyers at Devils, Friday, December 4, 2015

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I honestly didn't really notice Schultz out there tonight which is a good thing for a guy like him.

Wish we had Gudas out there over ManDog tonight. He would have actually done something with the physical pace going in tonight's contest.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Schultz made some good plays in the OZ leading up to the Bellemare goal. Once Gudas is back I would try:

MDZ-Gudas
Schultz-Medvedev
Ghost-Schenn

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Schultz made some good plays in the OZ leading up to the Bellemare goal. Once Gudas is back I would try:

MDZ-Gudas
Schultz-Medvedev
Ghost-Schenn
I would switch Gudas and Schenn. I feel Schenn can handle the big minutes better than Gudas.

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
I honestly didn't really notice Schultz out there tonight which is a good thing for a guy like him.

Wish we had Gudas out there over ManDog tonight. He would have actually done something with the physical pace going in tonight's contest.

gudas is great in games like tonight's...kinda worried this suspension is going to hamstring his style.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
gudas is great in games like tonight's...kinda worried this suspension is going to hamstring his style.

I don't think it will have a huge effect on him. He'll pull up on some more hits now likely but I don't think it will be anything drastic.

The moment he loses the edge he plays with is the moment he's out of this league.

Ilkka Sinisalo

Amazing American
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, W.A.
Why the **** were the Devils just waiting at the bench for a minute and a half after Read's goal? What could possibly have been in question about it? Obviously went into the net, no offsides, what were they hoping for there?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why the **** were the Devils just waiting at the bench for a minute and a half after Read's goal? What could possibly have been in question about it? Obviously went into the net, no offsides, what were they hoping for there?

Palmeri tried to milk a call when Read checked him prior to breaking out. My guess is they wanted a call.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Edit. More so than the play that began the transition, it appears the possibility of being offside was the primary concern.

The Devils waited immediately after Read scored, wondering if the Flyers had been offside. Hynes said the league determined they were not.

"The league automatically reviews it," Hynes noted.

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...n_on_play_that_gave_p.html#incart_more_sports

TITLE:
Should whistle have been blown on play that gave Philadelphia Flyers overtime win over Devils?

Palmieri appeared to take a shoulder to the head from Read, who skated up ice and secured the 4-3 win after 3:24 of OT.

"It looked like it," Devils coach John Hynes said. "In all honesty it really doesn't matter what I think."

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/...n_on_play_that_gave_p.html#incart_more_sports

Last edited:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Read. Much Leader. Very Patience. Wow. Such Win.

HEALTH-stroke.gif

Ilkka Sinisalo

Amazing American
Nov 1, 2010
Perth, W.A.
Palmeri tried to milk a call when Read checked him prior to breaking out. My guess is they wanted a call.

Yes all those times that referees have rewinded the game 20 seconds, waved off a goal and retroactively called a penalty for something that was in no way a penalty. :laugh:

You lost guys, just skate off the ice.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
Yes all those times that referees have rewinded the game 20 seconds, waved off a goal and retroactively called a penalty for something that was in no way a penalty. :laugh:

You lost guys, just skate off the ice.

I can't believe Palmieri was playing the martyr after. The one replay showed that Read didn't even come close to hitting him in the face. He bumped his chest and down he went. The most violent thing about that hit was the headsnap.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
At least 3 goals in each of their last 4 games. Offense is back.

Movin' on up, 29th in GF/G now.

Wish they'd play Ghost with Giroux/Voracek in OT instead of MDZ. Those two need someone that can shoot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad