Prospect Info: 25th Pick in the 2024 NHL Draft - Dean Letourneau C | St. Andrew's College 6'7" 214

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Sweeney out thinking everyone again,
Could of traded down and still got the same player the way the draft was going.
Sweeney went and scouted out the team he was on and saw what he liked,then moved Linus and got him.I respect that myself.If you see a player you really like then you go get him, you don't gamble.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Where is teammate Jack Good projected to be picked?

He had same the same point production but is 10 inches shorter

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Will be fun to watch him develop. Will likely take a while. Gives an excuse to go see some BC games.

Hope we can find the same boom that we found from our most recent #25 pick.

Reactions: bbfan419

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

“It’s hard not to notice the Boston College commit – he’s 6-foot-7. Letourneau had a great year with St. Andrew’s College, registering 61 goals and 127 points to push himself into first-round territory,” Ellis wrote in his final draft prospect rankings. “Putting up points in prep school is one thing, but the USHL-bound forward is just so physically dominant while still skating and moving the puck like a smaller center. When he gets in front of the net, things happen. I have full belief he’ll be able to adjust to the college game once he gets there, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a one-and-done in 2024-25 given how physically mature he is.”

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
So you couldn't do the Leafs or Avs Trades and still draft him? He was mocked in most drafts around the 40 pick.
Sure you could try that and then wait and hope nobody else takes flyer on him I guess.Sweeney obviously wanted him as Sam Constantino alluded to though.I have no issue with this and hope it works out.

Reactions: Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013

“It’s hard not to notice the Boston College commit – he’s 6-foot-7. Letourneau had a great year with St. Andrew’s College, registering 61 goals and 127 points to push himself into first-round territory,” Ellis wrote in his final draft prospect rankings. “Putting up points in prep school is one thing, but the USHL-bound forward is just so physically dominant while still skating and moving the puck like a smaller center. When he gets in front of the net, things happen. I have full belief he’ll be able to adjust to the college game once he gets there, and I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s a one-and-done in 2024-25 given how physically mature he is.”
Damn, I didn't even realize he's going to BC this fall. Thought I'd read it was next year.

Reactions: Gordoff

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Watched him play a few times this year, he's a project but he has some really impressive skills. I was blown away with how good his hands are with how big he is. Has really impressive vision, sees the ice really well, really good passer. It felt at times he was looking to make a pass to where a guy on his line should have been in empty space but they weren't where they were supposed to be. His stride keeps getting better. Get a lot of speed off the crossover, similar technique to the way Alex Tuch skates. Has a good shot, places it where he wants it with some zip

The unknowns are if he can keep improving his skating. When he's not on the crossover, his stride can get a little wide for my liking. His physicality is a complete unknown because he would get so many penalties when he tried to be physical. The defensive game is a question mark.

He'll take some time but he has a lot of aspects to his game that's really hard to teach. He's taking a massive jump to BC next year so don't judge him for a year, let him get acclimated but he has been improving rapidly but also growing crazy fast at the same time so there will be some growing pains (sorry for the pun)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad