Line Combos: 24 Team Playoff Line Up

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Oilers fans acting as if their defense is significantly better than ours. Larsson has been a disaster for a while, good luck getting Nurse to locate the defensive side of the puck, and Klefbom is made of glass.

Throw in a couple rookies and a couple tweeners on that team, and that defense is absolutely nothing to brag about. At least brag about the obvious McDrai advantage.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Oilers fans acting as if their defense is significantly better than ours. Larsson has been a disaster for a while, good luck getting Nurse to locate the defensive side of the puck, and Klefbom is made of glass.

Throw in a couple rookies and a couple tweeners on that team, and that defense is absolutely nothing to brag about. At least brag about the obvious McDrai advantage.
That's sad. Keith, Boqvist, Mitchell, De Haan, and Murphy would embarrass their defense.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
That's sad. Keith, Boqvist, Mitchell, De Haan, and Murphy would embarrass their defense.

Murphy is just as good as Larsson if not better I don’t give f*** what anyone says. Keith clowns all of them in the D zone. deHaan is pretty equal to nurse in style of play. Klefbom is better in the O zone than anyone we have that’s about it. Bear, Russell, Green? Who cares.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Murphy is just as good as Larsson if not better I don’t give f*** what anyone says. Keith clowns all of them in the D zone. deHaan is pretty equal to nurse in style of play. Klefbom is better in the O zone than anyone we have that’s about it. Bear, Russell, Green? Who cares.
Larsson has been a disaster this year. Murphy has legit been better than him.

Reactions: Styles

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
And he just had his best season. Murphy has just now entered his prime. Still with 2 more seasons on his great contract.

I know that trade wasn't popular from a fan perspective cause we lost Hammer, but it was a move for the future. I'd much rather have Murphy now than Hammer now.
It’s worked out because while Hammer is still a good player, injuries have caught up to him. I feel for him because he’s an absolute warrior.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Murphy is moving into vet territory, and a good one at that. He's always willing to get in the media scrum and be an intelligent voice for the team.

Keith is obviously THE mentor for our young defenders (Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin) but Murphy is another guy that they can learn a lot from.

Reactions: Muffinalt

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
So....

JC is gonna pair Adam Bovqist with his most important defenseman in the playoffs instead of a vet....

And get this, play Mitchell, he of no NHL experience over KooKoo when the Maata/KooKoo pairing was clicking before the stoppage?

:D :D :D

JC wants to get fired, I guess. :D

Anybody who thinks Mitchell even plays, or Bovqist gets nothing but third pairing minutes is fooling themselves.

If Seabrook were healthy he's starting over both :D

Never change, hfbs :D

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
So....

JC is gonna pair Adam Bovqist with his most important defenseman in the playoffs instead of a vet....

And get this, play Mitchell, he of no NHL experience over KooKoo when the Maata/KooKoo pairing was clicking before the stoppage?

:D :D :D

JC wants to get fired, I guess. :D

Anybody who thinks Mitchell even plays, or Bovqist gets nothing but third pairing minutes is fooling themselves.

If Seabrook were healthy he's starting over both :D

Never change, hfbs :D

I’m convinced by now that you’re just trolling.

Unworthy of a legitimate response.

Plz leave and go focus on your podcast or whatever it is and that endless sea of fans/followers you allegedly have.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
I’m convinced by now that you’re just trolling.

Unworthy of a legitimate response.

Plz leave and go focus on your podcast or whatever it is and that endless sea of fans/followers you allegedly have.
I just pointed out a dumb take where rookies are going to play over vets in the playoffs when the games actually matter.

Wait....I heard "well that's what JC was pairing during the regular season" as an excuse when the only reason Bovqist was called up was on account of injury.

Does anybody seriously think Bovqist and Mitchell are playing over a healthy CDH? Does anybody really think two rookies are taking minutes away from gets in the playoffs? :D

You guys are hilarious.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Does anybody seriously think Bovqist and Mitchell are playing over a healthy CDH? Does anybody really think two rookies are taking minutes away from gets in the playoffs? :D

You guys are hilarious.

The question isn't with De Haan, it's with Koekkoek. Try to keep up. De Haan is obviously playing if he's healthy. But let's not act like Koekkoek and his career 149 NHL games is some "seasoned vet".

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
The question isn't with De Haan, it's with Koekkoek. Try to keep up. De Haan is obviously playing if he's healthy. But let's not act like Koekkoek and his career 149 NHL games is some "seasoned vet".
So wait....

The Hawks are going to sit KooKoo, he with one of the better Corsi stats on D, who was taking more defensive zone starts and before the shut down, was, along with Maata, taking bigger defensive responsibilities and can kill penalties, for Bovqist who was the most sheltered defenseman racking up a 59% ozone start av during the RS in the playoffs? :D

Wait.....JC is gonna play Ian Mitchell in the playoffs too? :D

Do you hiveminders remember what playoff hockey was? :D

Do you guys understand that JC is not trying to be fired from his job? :D

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
So wait....

The Hawks are going to sit KooKoo, he with one of the better Corsi stats on D, who was taking more defensive zone starts and before the shut down, was, along with Maata, taking bigger defensive responsibilities and can kill penalties, for Bovqist who was the most sheltered defenseman racking up a 59% ozone start av during the RS in the playoffs? :D

Does JC have a history of making playoff changes. That's unknown.

Since it seems you think the decisions JC was making about the lineup already were poor. Why do you think he is changing his mind? He wasn't ever guaranteed job security or not trying to lose his job before.

Why is it you always act certain what you think should happen will happen?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So wait....

Do you even hockey?

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

Seriously I have 0 idea what he's trying to argue. Let's just say for the sake of argument that JC does play Koekkoek.

Keith-Murphy
Maatta-Koekkoek
De Haan- ????

Oh wow look at that. Still one more spot that needs to be occupied. Is @Krisbryantisbest saying he's going to throw Nick Seeler out there then? I mean he does have 105 career NHL games right?? He can't say Seabrook who is done until next year. I mean let's just overload on all LHD minus Murphy!

Reactions: ClydeLee

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Does JC have a history of making playoff changes. That's unknown.

Since it seems you think the decisions JC was making about the lineup already were poor. Why do you think he is changing his mind? He wasn't ever guaranteed job security or not trying to lose his job before.

Why is it you always act certain what you think should happen will happen?
Because Bovqist didn't not belong in the NHL and was only there because of injuries?

Cubs2024WSChamps

Apr 29, 2015
Seriously I have 0 idea what he's trying to argue. Let's just say for the sake of argument that JC does play Koekkoek.

Keith-Murphy
Maatta-Koekkoek
De Haan- ????

Oh wow look at that. Still one more spot that needs to be occupied. Is @Krisbryantisbest saying he's going to throw Nick Seeler out there then? I mean he does have 105 career NHL games right?? He can't say Seabrook who is done until next year. I mean let's just overload on all LHD minus Murphy!
Most def I would put Seeler out there then Bovqist.

Are you kidding me? Seeler is tougher to play against. It's the friggin playoffs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad