GDT: [#24] Stars @ Blue Jackets, 4:00 PM CST (FS-SW)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Morning News say they are considering making Otter the starter. If we were Boston, that would be Otter the Stotter.
I didn't see what they wrote, but I did look at the game logs.

So far this season, Khudobin has been pulled from 3 of his 14 starts. Oettinger has been pulled from none of his 10 starts. Since the beginning of February, both goalies have started 9 games. Looks like Oettinger might in fact be quietly moving in front of Khudobin on the depth chart.

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Signing Khudobin to 3 years might be catastrophic IF he continues his weak play.

It's all hindsight, we had to make that deal happen in the summer.. but so far it doesn't look that hot, and if we can't get rid of that contract it will look even worse.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Signing Khudobin to 3 years might be catastrophic IF he continues his weak play.

It's all hindsight, we had to make that deal happen in the summer.. but so far it doesn't look that hot, and if we can't get rid of that contract it will look even worse.
I wonder if he clears waivers when bishop comes back .

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Pretty sure most of us hated that deal when it was announced, let alone using hindsight

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Pretty sure most of us hated that deal when it was announced, let alone using hindsight

Not like the team had much choice . They needed to sign a veteran goalie to play with rookie Oettinger who had zero NHL starts to his name and they went with the one that was a known quantity and just went to the SCF's.

RefalancheStillLose

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Not like the team had much choice . They needed to sign a veteran goalie to play with rookie Oettinger who had zero NHL starts to his name and they went with the one that was a known quantity and just went to the SCF's.
They had choices, but like most of Nill's transaction they made the wrong one

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

I wanted 2 years, but 3 wasn't deadly at the time.

I think what will make this deal deadly is if Khduboin doesn't play well. If he does, then Seattle might take, we can potentially trade him away, etc.. but with poor play then we are fooooked.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
They had choices, but like most of Nill's transaction they made the wrong one

Was it ? He signed the cheapest of all the decent options . It cost them a third year but that is still a very tradeable contract . Khudobin has a good track record even if he has a bad year this season.

Reactions: Spotty 2 Hotty

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Was it ? He signed the cheapest of all the decent options . It cost them a third year but that is still a very tradeable contract . Khudobin has a good track record even if he has a bad year this season.
I think the Stars can easily move him, even if it requires retaining some salary. I'm not worried about his contract.

Reactions: LT

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just trade Khudobin to Edmonton. They have had such sustained goalie woes that they’d assuredly take a chance on a goalie who just went to the SCF.

Sabres should also be an option.

Dobby does have a 3 team NTC so the worst teams to be traded too are probably on that list . My personal guess is he won't go to EDM

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Was just thinking , what if they took out draft odds , so there was no advantage to anyone in the draft regardless of standings . Would the league balance out with teams improving via trade rather than building through drafts ?I think you would see guys like Malkin , ovechkin , Marner getting traded a lot more .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad