GDT: '24-25 Wolves/Bison talk

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Imagine being an AHL owner and being frustrated your NHL affiliate would rather prioritize development than winning.

My God, the AHL needs to kick the Wolves out of the league if this is how they are going to be. It is not healthy for either the AHL or NHL to have one franchise just unabashedly unwilling to do what is expected of them.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Seeing this interview certainly paints a clearer picture of why there was so much friction between Dundon and Wolves ownership :help:
The roster they got from the Canes is superb this year and as I recall 2 years ago the team has injuries but then caught fire in the 2nd half and just fell out of the playoffs. Perhaps it was their GM that sucked in rounding out the roster. Last year, totally on them.

And....it was under Canes that they won their last AHL championship.

Conclusion: he seems like an arrogant, self-important arse and it's apparent that the reason why they have turned over working with NHL teams is probably his management style/personality.

btw: that was a setup interview with his TV personality so I suspect pre-planned to lash out publicly....not what I'd recommend in attacking Canes Management (and not with Dundon as your partner).

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I don’t know shit about shit so maybe I’m way off base here. But it really seems like the wolves cannot exist the way this dude wants them to. They can’t support themselves without an nhl club and apparently can’t (or maybe just won’t) support themselves unless they’re trying for a championship every year which just isn’t going to happen every year if you are a development team and certainly won’t happen often if you’re relying on non-nhl talent. Sucks for this guy I guess but also like… that’s just how it is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad