24-25 Season Point Prediction

SCD

Apr 8, 2018
After watching the preseason, it is tough to imagine the Wings will be able to match last year's performance, never mind surpass 91 points. Yes it is only preseason, but this team is showing no ability to be creative and defensive lapses have been frequent. DeBrincat, Kane, and Tarasanko are not ageing well on this team. If it takes 15-20 games to figure it out, the season will likely be meaningless. Might Yzerman swing a big trade during the first month in an attempt to salvage the season or will he let the kids get experience and build for next year. Maybe he will look at the Tigers and go with youth.

79 points, Maybe less with any significant injury.

• Haha
Reactions: Gniwder

AlwaysSunnyInDetroit

Oct 1, 2021
After watching the preseason, it is tough to imagine the Wings will be able to match last year's performance, never mind surpass 91 points. Yes it is only preseason, but this team is showing no ability to be creative and defensive lapses have been frequent. DeBrincat, Kane, and Tarasanko are not ageing well on this team. If it takes 15-20 games to figure it out, the season will likely be meaningless. Might Yzerman swing a big trade during the first month in an attempt to salvage the season or will he let the kids get experience and build for next year. Maybe he will look at the Tigers and go with youth.

79 points, Maybe less with any significant injury.
so you're predicting a bottom 5 finish? cool story bro. i'm gonna screenshot this post for future clowning

Reactions: Air Budd Dwyer

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
93 points.

This team has much more depth than last year, especially when you include potential rookie call-ups. There is a lot of talent that is completely untapped and so much talent in the young guns.

They still miss the playoffs, though.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Air Budd Dwyer

Feb 11, 2012
Detroit
I highly doubt this team has 3 separate stretches where they lose 10 of 12, 8 of 9, and 5 of 7 games like they did last year. Goaltending can't be much worse than it was last season either.

I'll say low end is 93 points. High end is 101.

Reactions: AussieWings

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
guessing 99 points, tho will say room for a lot of variance. lot of x-factors with year with tarasenko, goaltending, rookies like kasper n ed potentially breaking out, improvements of other teams etc.

EDIT: other teams like lightning n bruins will b treanding down

Last edited:

minimal

Apr 12, 2024
Somewhere between 80-90 points. The roster as of this moment doesn't really inspire a lot of confidence for me. The blue line still has too many anchors and whatever improvements made (Ed) are going to be contingent on the veterans not losing a step. I'm not as down on Chiarot as others, but would anyone really be that surprised if Petry turns out to be behind even more than last year? I think this and other issues could be solved by being proactive, like integrating the younger players into the lineup more, but nothing I've seen from Lalonde or the rest of the org lately makes me think that they won't just limp on for a good portion of the season before making adjustments. This first month of games is going to be tough, tough, tough and I expect us to be behind the eight ball from the start.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
92-98 if Yzerman figures our and fires Lalonde. 84-90 if he doesn't.
I don't like Husso. He allows a semi soft or soft goal every game.
A lot depends on Seider and Edvidson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad