Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
This feels like we're going backwards.

Zacka-Lindholm-Pasta has been outchanced 16 to 27.
Marchand-Lindholm-Pasta is 13 chances for and 12 against in less time.

I also had hoped to leave Poitras at center at the start of the season but right now they’re desperate and all bets are off until they start to find some lines that work.
It really doesn’t matter. Until they can get the big guys get their shit together the lines are pretty much irrelevant right now.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Or until they find a coach that can adapt his style to the players he has instead of what he wishes he had.
Agree- It feels like there is a major dis-connect between the type of team the GM built over the summer and how the coach wants the team to play

The result is a team that lacks an identity...add in what seems to be a glaring lack of d-zone structure and a power play that has no sense of purpose and the current record is actually a little better than the eye test would suggest

Which makes Saturday night's game a very big test for the team and especially for the coach.

We shall see

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Mac is disappointing but there is no way to trade for a better D man it's just not happening. He can turn it around. I just can't believe we put up with the same shit from Carlo as the other expensive RD.

McAvoy if he did get traded would overnight get motivated and become possessed and win a Norris. Think Joe Thornton the guy the sharks got never would have played at that MVP level for us.

Trade protections are gone and someone will take him.

Try and find another Koepke or Kastelic for him and get the cap space. It's pathetic Sweeney is literally too big of a p***y to trade any of these guys. Even DeBrusk he didn't have the balls to move.

You mentioned both Coyle and McAvoy ... McAvoy is not the only defensmen not playing as they should. And Coyle they keep trying to make him into something he is not. And with many of these other players it is like they are square pegs being forced into round holes.

It is obvious McAvoy's development has been stunted and Coyle's greatest effectiveness is not being properly used.

Just my opinion, but from what I have seen in this year's team play combined the disturbing trends in team play over past couple of years lead me to believe much of the problem lies in the SYSTEM and the usage of the players.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You mentioned both Coyle and McAvoy ... McAvoy is not the only defensmen not playing as they should. And Coyle they keep trying to make him into something he is not. And with many of these other players it is like they are square pegs being forced into round holes.

It is obvious McAvoy's development has been stunted and Coyle's greatest effectiveness is not being properly used.

Just my opinion, but from what I have seen in this year's team play combined the disturbing trends in team play over past couple of years lead me to believe much of the problem lies in the SYSTEM and the usage of the players.

Two seasons ago this team had the best regular season ever.

What exactly was the disturbing trend in team play that you saw?

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Agree- It feels like there is a major dis-connect between the type of team the GM built over the summer and how the coach wants the team to play

The result is a team that lacks an identity...add in what seems to be a glaring lack of d-zone structure and a power play that has no sense of purpose and the current record is actually a little better than the eye test would suggest

Which makes Saturday night's game a very big test for the team and especially for the coach.

We shall see
Watching the games and how the players are playing this year reminds me of a pick up flag football game where whoever the quarterback is tells his receivers - just go out and get open and I'll hit you with a pass. Nobody knows who is doing what and there is a lot of confusion. Which results in people getting frustrated until someone takes control and gives them directions, a place and purpose.

Montgomery (or whomever the coach will be) will have to adapt his system to the strengths of the players on the roster.

Last edited:
Reactions: the negotiator

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Jim Montgomery was and will be a fantastic college or Junior hockey coach.

He has an impressive record of success as an NHL assistant coach with St Louis, specializing in offense.

However, FWIW, I have concluded that at present, he is not an NHL head coach.

Not for this team, at any rate.

I wish him well and mean no malice, but the Sunny Jim experiment in Boston has come to an end, or will in short order.

Yes, it is early in the season.

Yes, it will take time for this edition of the Boston Bruins to mesh and become a team. That will be the case no matter who is behind the Boston bench.

But the results are clear.

The results that matter, which is to say the playoffs and going deep into them - speak for themselves.

All credit for advancement into the second round after several seasons of failure to do so under Bruce Cassidy.

Even so, this is not going to work out.

Jim Montgomery is not the head coach the Boston Bruins need.

I don't wish to be cruel or nonchalant, but get rid of him.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbfan419

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad