Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread VI

The Andrew Peeke Fan

Feb 26, 2020
Debrusk and Heinen were impact forwards?

40- and 36-point scorers last season.
Puck ends up in the offensive zone a lot when either one of those guys is on the ice; the play ends up terminating there a lot with either one of them too. They're both arguably top-6 caliber forwards man, they're good. You're proabably a good forward group if Heinen's regularly in your bottom 6

Reactions: dugg133

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Even with water finding it's level, they should be better than they've shown so far, don't you think? If Coyle, for example, returns to form as a 45 point guy, versus a 60, he should still be doing better than he is right now.
Geekie Coyle Frederic should be a real solid 3rd line at worst - and they've combined for 2 pts through the first 7 games.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Puck ends up in the offensive zone a lot when either one of those guys is on the ice; the play ends up terminating there a lot with either one of them too. They're both arguably top-6 caliber forwards man, they're good. You're proabably a good forward group if Heinen's regularly in your bottom 6

Don't know that that's true at all. Especially in Debrusk's case.

When Heinen's on the ice its totally dependent on who he's out there with.

Don't know anyone who would argue Heinen's a top-6 caliber player.

They also lost Debrusk. This team was in desperate need of more firepower up front. Adding one guy in Lindholm wasn’t enough

There is this thing called a cap.

wintersej

Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
it's not about Zadorov's play, it's the logic of spending big on a dman when we already have Lohrei as the long term top 4 answer and massive holes in the top 6.

I have trouble holding "they didn't need to sign a D because of Lorhei!" and "they couldn't possibly expect Poitras and Lysell to try to step in for Heinen and DeBrusk's 40 points" in my head at the same time.

Zadorov's money (mins bringing in a cheaper vet especially) isn't enough to go get a 9 million dollar player. It just isn't. And that's what they need to add to this forward group. An actual 1st line player.

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I have trouble holding "they didn't need to sign a D because of Lorhei!" and "they couldn't possibly expect Poitras and Lysell to try to step in for Heinen and DeBrusk's 40 points" in my head at the same time.

Zadorov's money (mins bringing in a cheaper vet especially) isn't enough to go get a 9 million dollar player. It just isn't. And that's what they need to add to this forward group. An actual 1st line player.
Lohrei was literally playing top 4 in the playoffs for us, Lysell has never played an NHL game and Poitras was coming off shoulder surgery. Completely different situations.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lohrei was literally playing top 4 in the playoffs for us, Lysell has never played an NHL game and Poitras was coming off shoulder surgery. Completely different situations.
There's no reason to not give Lysell his 10 games in Boston. Chances are he fails because he's going to get put with linemates who are playing awful but his production in the AHL is enough alone. Jones Tufte Brazeau are horrible.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
There's no reason to not give Lysell his 10 games in Boston. Chances are he fails because he's going to get put with linemates who are playing awful but his production in the AHL is enough alone. Jones Tufte Brazeau are horrible.
I think we see Lysell soon. His first two games were forgettable but his last 2 games were strong. They might want him to string a few more good games together but it's a matter of when not if he comes up.

Reactions: Kegs and 4ORRBRUIN

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I think we see Lysell soon. His first two games were forgettable but his last 2 games were strong. They might want him to string a few more good games together but it's a matter of when not if he comes up.
Agree. Enough with the double standards tho certain players are never held accountable. If he stinks this early in the year he'll probably pass through waivers the longer you wait the more likely there is a claim. In fact we may have waited too long because I think the don't claim other teams prospects silent rule when they get sent down is mostly an October thing.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Agree. Enough with the double standards tho certain players are never held accountable. If he stinks this early in the year he'll probably pass through waivers the longer you wait the more likely there is a claim. In fact we may have waited too long because I think the don't claim other teams prospects silent rule when they get sent down is mostly an October thing.
Lysell doesn't have to pass through waivers.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Raleighfern

Apr 7, 2017
no waivers for lysell

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Do you think they have more or less talent across the roster than they did last year?
Less up front ... added a proven center, lost 3 proven experienced middle 6 wings, and solidified the 4th line.
More on D - added another dimension of a physical presence
Less in goal - lost a damn good goalie.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Similar.

Last year was propped up by career years by middle 6 jags who are now trending back down to normal. Donny banked on too much going right

He hasn't even been one in the AHL
Write him off bc of a slow start then? His full season last year was good and we need skill and scoring.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Write him off bc of a slow start then? His full season last year was good and we need skill and scoring.

Too much time invisible. You can try him because they have f*** all left, but pinning hopes onto him being the answer? Meh.

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I'd have no problem going back to Zacha at C. That's actually a good idea. If Lysell has another couple games as good as this past weekend I'd give him a look as well.

Marchand - Lindholm - Pasta
?????????? - Zacha - Lysell
Frederic - Coyle - Poitras
You know that, or something like that (although not without problems itself), might not be a bad idea. It effectively slots both Zacha and Coyle one line down from where they were last year. The problem is that last year Zacha had Pasta on his wing and this year we’re giving him Lysell. Also, who’s the ???????? ? Too bad Merkulov isn’t ready: remember Lucic/Spooner/Pasta?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad