Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I forgot about that.

My understanding is that mostly came from Winnipeg.

PLD complained of ill treatment and hurt feelings at the hands of Wheeler and Scheifele.

Consider the source, now on his fourth NHL club

Even so, if PLD is to be believed, that is enough of a red flag for me to take pass.

Is there any other evidence that Wheeler is a "pain in the ass" in the locker room?

Reactions: Gordoff

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I forgot about that.

PLD complained of ill treatment and hurt feelings at the hands of Wheeler and Scheifele.

Even so, if PLD is to be believed, that is enough of a red flag for me to take pass.

Is there any other evidence that Wheeler is a "pain in the ass" in the locker room?
why would Sweeney even bother w/ Wheeler.... didn't we bail them out when the Jets were in Atlanta.... and Wheeler was that the 1st time around..... once u fall into disfavor here you don't get invited back..... why did the Rangers sign Wheeler to a PTO and he didn't really fit there, either

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
why would Sweeney even bother w/ Wheeler.... didn't we bail them out when the Jets were in Atlanta.... and Wheeler was that the 1st time around..... once u fall into disfavor here you don't get invited back..... why did the Rangers sign Wheeler to a PTO and he didn't really fit there, either

Yeah, except for Danton Heinen, and Brian Rolston, and Glenn Murray, and Josef Stumpel, and Gerry Cheevers, and Derek Sanderson . . .

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Yeah, except for Danton Heinen, and Brian Rolston, and Glenn Murray, and Josef Stumpel, and Gerry Cheevers, and Derek Sanderson . . .
This was Doakie's tour in a matter of FOUR years
1722881950911.png

1722882013336.png

1972 Played against B's in Cup final

1722882150565.png

1722882213767.png

1974 Who says you can't go home again
1722882385383.png

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I forgot about that.

There was a report from a Finnish source that said Wheeler and Scheifele were the reason Laine wanted out of WPG. Again... consider the source of the complaint, but supposedly Wheeler was threatened and worried about his spot because of Laine and Scheifele said he'd only want Wheeler on his RW. There were complaints about the treatment of Laine off the ice too.

Also, I can't remember the reporter, but after another underachieving postseason when people thought they were a team on the rise, there was a report that the coaching staff blamed "the leadership".... Wheeler being the captain was the suspect.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
There was a report from a Finnish source that said Wheeler and Scheifele were the reason Laine wanted out of WPG. Again... consider the source of the complaint, but supposedly Wheeler was threatened and worried about his spot because of Laine and Scheifele said he'd only want Wheeler on his RW. There were complaints about the treatment of Laine off the ice too.

Also, I can't remember the reporter, but after another underachieving postseason when people thought they were a team on the rise, there was a report that the coaching staff blamed "the leadership".... Wheeler being the captain was the suspect.
They took the C away from Wheeler too

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I forgot about that.

reportedly part of the reason Laine asked out of Winnipeg was because of Wheeler & Scheifele

Reactions: TCB and Gordoff

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

Blake Wheeler gives me Christian Bale American Psycho vibes.
1722953976245.png

Attachments

• 1722954016212.png
    1722954016212.png
    462.3 KB · Views: 0

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes