Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
As we stand now we are a one-line team with Lindy pasta zacha. Marchy and coyle could help significantly on line 2 but I don't see them being such an impact particularly without a NHL top 6 winger on their line. Again I think the goalies and defense can compensate during the regular season when we can win most nights three to two or two to one. It's just we are very thin in the forward group and that is assuming everyone stays healthy if one of those top five guys go down on the first two lines we got major problems

I could see Brazeau on the line with Marchand and Coyle they both like to carry the puck and he would create room for them by going to the net So then you have a third line of Fred-Poitras-Geekie which I think would be fine Jones-Beecher-Kastelic would be a heavy & fast 4th line You could even swap Poitras with Coyle and make the bottom 6 really heavy

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to NC, it's warmer than WI :)
As we stand now we are a one-line team with Lindy pasta zacha. Marchy and coyle could help significantly on line 2 but I don't see them being such an impact particularly without a NHL top 6 winger on their line. Again I think the goalies and defense can compensate during the regular season when we can win most nights three to two or two to one. It's just we are very thin in the forward group and that is assuming everyone stays healthy if one of those top five guys go down on the first two lines we got major problems
I have to disagree. We have comparable 1st, 3rd (with Poitras or Merc) and 4th lines that can compete with the Panthers and other teams and our defense is top notch. Once again, we have a hole in our 2nd line and an aging Marchy.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I could see Brazeau on the line with Marchand and Coyle they both like to carry the puck and he would create room for them by going to the net So then you have a third line of Fred-Poitras-Geekie which I think would be fine Jones-Beecher-Kastelic would be a heavy & fast 4th line You could even swap Poitras with Coyle and make the bottom 6 really heavy
I, think what you have put out there is not over the top shit that some like to post, what you are saying could be a positive, but I, have a feeling and really think this is something that given time, could blossom, Freddy and Geekie just had career years and might just be coming into their own, both are 26, strong big boys, I would love to see Beecher in the middle of them ,who I think many around here is a little underate, that line really intrigues me, and I will accept the criticism should it blow up in my face.........

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I, think what you have put out there is not over the top shit that some like to post, what you are saying could be a positive, but I, have a feeling and really think this is something that given time, could blossom, Freddy and Geekie just had career years and might just be coming into their own, both are 26, strong big boys, I would love to see Beecher in the middle of them ,who I think many around here is a little underate, that line really intrigues me, and I will accept the criticism should it blow up in my face.........

Yes, I like that line.

But who's centering the 4th line?

Or does this simply mean Poitras starts in Providence?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Yes, I like that line.

But who's centering the 4th line?

Or does this simply mean Poitras starts in Providence?
Look many around here want Poitras, to play up with the big club and I, get it the kid has shown that he can play, but I, just have might doubts now is the time, Lysell has more pro hockey experience and hopefully the patients with this kid will start to payoff, Poitras needs to take that route, and maybe he only needs a half season in Providence, maybe not, but that kid needs some work to avoid some of the big hits he left himself open too. I would assume Kastellic could center Jones and maybe Brazeau on the 4th line.

Reactions: JoeIsAStud

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
That's low expectations.

Don't think he would stay in the lineup with that kind of production.
Meh. He probably doesn’t even play all 82 games. Not many 20 year olds who are drafted in the second round Are out here destroying the nhl. I’d love to see some decent bottom six numbers.
Filip Zadina
I’d give him a pto if I was the gm. Why not?

Reactions: Gordoff

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
That's clearly the plan.

Even so, Wheeler on the cheap is not going to hurt you. Inexpensive, proven depth and size. Nothing at all to lose.
Your suggestion is not a bad one, and there was a time I would have been all over Wheeler, it was not long ago that he could have been a positive on this team, but I am not so sure that that time id now. But I, agree not much to lose in taking a look, but if Lysell or some other young player steps up I would rather go in that direction. I had wanted them to take a shot a Alex Nylander, only 26, I did not think he was a bad option.

Reactions: Kegs and GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Your suggestion is not a bad one, and there was a time I would have been all over Wheeler, it was not long ago that he could have been a positive on this team, but I am not so sure that that time id now. But I, agree not much to lose in taking a look, but if Lysell or some other young player steps up I would rather go in that direction. I had wanted them to take a shot a Alex Nylander, only 26, I did not think he was a bad option.

That's all fine, and I basically agree.

Merely echoing Haggerty's point that bringing in Danton Heinen or Blake Wheeler or whomever in a middle six role for pennies on the dollar is smart business. And the Bruins have proven to be clever, and successful, in this regard.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
That's all fine, and I basically agree.

Merely echoing Haggerty's point that bringing in Danton Heinen or Blake Wheeler or whomever in a middle six role for pennies on the dollar is smart business. And the Bruins have proven to be clever, and successful, in this regard.
What was Wheelers injury last year, he missed a lot of time.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
This is the one element of the Zadorov signing that has raised eyebrows in this corner,

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $871.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00