Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread V

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
As a rational person, I automatically connect the dots that by trading Ullmark to Ottawa, Bruins brass had a deal/good indication that Swayman will be signed.

Remaining rational, I assumed its more of the finer details that need to be worked out. IE signing bonuses paid out, NMC, vezina awards/stanley cups/all star nods/etc. That must be why it's taken this long.

Becoming 25% slightly irrational, while maintaining 75% rational, I start to wonder if last year's arbitration ugliness have crept into the negotiation and Swayman's agent might be holding the Bruins hostage.

I just hope this deal gets done before late august- as I will have fully turned irrational, burnt my Swayman jersey, purchased a Bussi in hopes he's the next big thing, and mother f***ed Sweeney on here so many times that the Mods banned me until opening night.

Have a great summer day Bruins fans!
Curious how vezina awards, Stanley cups and all star nods effect negotiations?

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019

I'm not sure if this was posted already.

Dammit! Wrong thread, lol

Last edited:

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
Curious how vezina awards, Stanley cups and all star nods effect negotiations?
I genuinely don't claim to know every detail of NHL player contracts. I thought I had heard in the past that players can work it into their contracts through bonuses if they win certain awards/ named 1st or 2nd team allstars, win the MVP, win the cup etc. Thought maybe the ask on certain items from a financial perspective could be over the top, hence holding things up.

Judging from your back handed comment, I'm going to assume I'm wrong. Thanks for clarifying!

• Haha
Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
I say buy Krebs low his value must be like a 3rd round pick maybe.
He might be an odd man out and not so happy about his role or lack thereof. Benson is higher skilled and they need Greenway's size. Krebs is a leader/gamer.

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
Zucker - Cozens - Quinn
Benson - MacLeod - Greenway

We'd be very fortunate to add him.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
He might be an odd man out and not so happy about his role or lack thereof. Benson is higher skilled and they need Greenway's size. Krebs is a leader/gamer.

Peterka - Thompson - Tuch
Zucker - Cozens - Quinn
Benson - MacLeod - Greenway

We'd be very fortunate to add him.
Why ?

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
not surprised thru intel Martin Necas has every bit of intention joining Pasta at earliest next summer (trade) or as a UFA

Zacha- Lindy- Pasta
Marshy -Poitras - Neca

Wagon !!!!!
Yeah seems like his insistence on not signing with another team could lead to him taking his QO and walking? How often have we read that before though….

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah seems like his insistence on not signing with another team could lead to him taking his QO and walking? How often have we read that before though….
These two are like brothers and their parents are close and Pastrnak referenced Necas parents and his family situation as far as traveling here ~ make a lot easier

Lindholm & Zadarov comments about playing here all you need to know and without the friendship angle

The players who don’t end up here live here anyways and probably know the insanity the area has

I would rather play for Tampa or Florida then the Bruins myself - because I live here and know

I’ll be home all summer

um what? I mean yes please. But can you elaborate on 'intel'?
I will in time gotta run this by someone

Reactions: pemulis

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
These two are like brothers and their parents are close and Pastrnak referenced Necas parents and his family situation as far as traveling here ~ make a lot easier

Lindholm & Zadarov comments about playing here all you need to know and without the friendship angle

The players who don’t end up here live here anyways and probably know the insanity the area has

I would rather play for Tampa or Florida then the Bruins myself - because I live here and know

I’ll be home all summer

I will in time gotta run this by someone

So Carolina got him signed for 2 years (13 mil total) . So we will likely have to wait for 2026 for his FA; although, maybe Carolina trades him at some point

Reactions: Gordoff

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
So Carolina got him signed for 2 years (13 mil total) . So we will likely have to wait for 2026 for his FA; although, maybe Carolina trades him at some point
My guess is at this time he will play out contract and go into FA

However if next summer and Carolina knows he’s playing out and Bruins are his likely choice they can deal

Necas seems the someday scorer when Marchand retires

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Interesting article. I don’t think losing Tarasenko hurts Florida all that much but losing Montour is a blow . Can’t wait for the season to start .

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia

Fair question especially looking at his 4 goals in 80 games last year.

...Krebs is an exciting mix of speed, skill, smarts, and hard-nosed in all three zones.

His 103 points in 62 games in his final two covid-disrupted seasons in Winnipeg as captain of the Ice speaks to his leadership and offensive potential. He just looks like that classic 23 year old guy lost in Buffalo and unable to carve out a role in his 12:30 a a night TOI. He has only played 215 total games.

He's a left shot and plays C/LW - our need is RW - so its probably not the right fit anyway But, he is definitely better than what he's has shown to date. He's not a fourth line guy and has the top end potential to one day be a guy like Ryan O'Reilly, whose first two seasons in Colorado were nothing to write home about either...

Reactions: Gordoff

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
I would love it if we got to those lines and I think I posted the exact same top 9 in another thread, but it probably is just be too soon for Poitras. You are probably getting the most out of Lindholm with Pasta, too. I do think you run the risk of getting 50 point Lindholm with Marchand and Lysell, ya know? The politics of the big UFA dollars probably means you want Lindholm getting those Pasta points.
I started this conversation in the wrong thread so I'm moving this over here...

I don't think this organization worries much about the optics of which line a top UFA ends up on, just the results. The head coach certainly doesn't care...he'll play anyone, anywhere, at any time, if he thinks it's best for his lineup.

How much more productive can Pasta really be, and how much does that help this club in the big picture? If they overload the top line and other teams can match that then the depth scoring comes into play. Pasta put up 110 points without him, spread the love around. If Lindholm can improve/maintain Marchands production that to me is more valuable overall.

It may be too soon for Poitras and/or Lysell but only time will tell. I think this type of line up, if the kids find their games, would make this team very difficult to match up against.

Last edited:

Five Hole

The puck stops here.
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2004
Southern New England
I hope you don't take offense, but I am sure you will, but it is not my intent. There is not much that I, can agree on with your lineup. Poitras is not a #1 center and I, believe his future is bright, but night be best served with some time in Providence. Sweeney gave Lindholm a ridiculous contract, so he could be their # 1 center, I do not think that will fly with management. Why does Beecher need " face off protection"? I have come around on Lysell I am all in on giving him a legit shot with Marchand and Coyle.
No offense taken, opinions vary and that's what makes for good debate.

Poitras is definitely not a true #1 center yet, he may never be, but the idea with my line up is to balance the lines and share the loads. I don't see any use in sending him to Providence, but I guess we will see.

As for Beecher, perhaps protection was not the correct word. In order to deploy the fourth line in as many situations as possible they need to be strong on the defensive zone draws. Having right-handed Kastelic and left-handed Beecher lets you create the best match ups possible on the D-zone draws. Having another proven face off center on a line with Beecher also frees him up to be more aggressive on the draws, if he gets tossed it's not a guaranteed loss so cheat more and win more draws as a result.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
No offense taken, opinions vary and that's what makes for good debate.

Poitras is definitely not a true #1 center yet, he may never be, but the idea with my line up is to balance the lines and share the loads. I don't see any use in sending him to Providence, but I guess we will see.

As for Beecher, perhaps protection was not the correct word. In order to deploy the fourth line in as many situations as possible they need to be strong on the defensive zone draws. Having right-handed Kastelic and left-handed Beecher lets you create the best match ups possible on the D-zone draws. Having another proven face off center on a line with Beecher also frees him up to be more aggressive on the draws, if he gets tossed it's not a guaranteed loss so cheat more and win more draws as a result.
You made a very solid argument with the Beecher point, so much so that I would say you won the argument, but sorry no way is Poitras ready, and his development would be better served in Providence, even if not for a full year.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
You made a very solid argument with the Beecher point, so much so that I would say you won the argument, but sorry no way is Poitras ready, and his development would be better served in Providence, even if not for a full year.
You really are against Poitras making the roster aren't you. Then again, I only know one person who said he would make it last year.

The only thing that would keep him from making the roster opening night is health. And if it's a health issue, do you really want him in the AHL where there are more goons and players willing to take a run at him than the NHL?

Good Grief !!! ........where the hell does this kind of thinking come from.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
You really are against Poitras making the roster aren't you. Then again, I only know one person who said he would make it last year.

The only thing that would keep him from making the roster opening night is health. And if it's a health issue, do you really want him in the AHL where there are more goons and players willing to take a run at him than the NHL?
Well as you usual miss read what I, said which is give the kid some time to develop his game, and physically, and to be able with stand the grind of an NHL season, you have a kid with ability to play in the NHL at some point, but don't put him in situation that could hurt him, also he is coming a shoulder injury that can take time to recover from and all players and surgery recoveries can be different for each individual. I am not against the kid like you think just the opposite, I want him protected.

Reactions: Dr Quincy

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Well as you usual miss read what I, said which is give the kid some time to develop his game, and physically, and to be able with stand the grind of an NHL season, you have a kid with ability to play in the NHL at some point, but don't put him in situation that could hurt him, also he is coming a shoulder injury that can take time to recover from and all players and surgery recoveries can be different for each individual. I am not against the kid like you think just the opposite, I want him protected.
That's the flaw in your logic. Not just you, but by thousands of people. There hasn't been a single practice, training camp day, or game. How do you know he's not ready for the regular grind? Based on last season?

I will wait until the first practice at the earliest. But Poitras is not a guy I would bet against.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
That's the flaw in your logic. Not just you, but by thousands of people. There hasn't been a single practice, training camp day, or game. How do you know he's not ready for the regular grind? Based on last season?

I will wait until the first practice at the earliest. But Poitras is not a guy I would bet against.
Thank you, mister insider, I, will wait for training camp, I also will point out that 1 goal in his last 24 games, of course that would not have anything to do with the grind.

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad