Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I also can’t blame anyone for trying to get themselves the hell away from Winnipeg.
Absolutely

I’m a real good prospect I’ve already had my agent find out if Bruins or a Florida team are interested and I’m going the Adam Fox route

I’ll get my degree - I’ll play at BC or Harvard so I can be near home and family and GF ~as much as love Canada it would have to be Montreal which would be quickest flight.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
One thing I want these Bruins to do is attack

I watch the Red Sox and they lead offwith Jarren Duran who is in attack mode all over the field - he wakes everyone up early. He puts pressure on the pitcher and opposing defenders.

The Bruins defense can set this - every pair has atleast one player who can push the pace. McAvoy & Lohrei will, and if Lindholm on this he certainly can as we saw in 22-23.

You can attack physically as well and Zadorov can set this.

The bottom line needs to hunt / puck, defense whatever

I’m Monty I show the 1975 title fight between Muhammad Ali & Ron Lyle. Ali wore him down and later around 10 he finished him. It’s a great example of having a plan and physically wearing down your opponent.

Bruins bottom 6 needs in big games and division hit to hurt the opposing D & cause turnovers

They need to cultivate a reputation they are arriving on time and with force

Love DeBrusk wish he stayed but not always bringing it - let’s be as big & badass as the game allows and use a superior well designed defense to be the Jarren Duran tone setter

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Pretty poor article. He doesn’t really say much of anything.
  • There have been rumors of interest
  • Lists three teams not including the Bruins
  • Notes those teams have yet to make a deal
  • Based on that posits that the Bruins could make a deal
The writer also had a similar article for the Maple Leafs but at least in that article he suggested a possible return might be Nick Robertson.

So it’s summer you got nothing better to do but don’t expect much here.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
What I meant by "leveraging the CBA" was the clause/loop-hole whatever you want to call it that he can take advantage of in 2 years. I thought that was fairly clear. Is that clause not part of the CBA or is it a separate agreement? Maybe that is the confusion.

What we really don't know is how content he is to stay in Michigan, continue his education, and keep playing there. If he's happy playing there and he needs "this, this, this and this" to be convinced to leave, I don't see an issue there. Most decisions in life are made weighing pros and cons.

My original point in all of this was he was being called out for being a demanding prima-donna asking/demanding certain things and people saying he needs to earn it, but I don't see the same outcry for undrafted NCAA free agents or guys who go the full 4 years and become free agents then. They sometimes make significant asks (or demands) of teams to sign on the dotted line. They want to know where they fit in, what the timelines are, etc. etc.

I have no issue with how either party is dealing with this. Jets will do what is best for them, I agree they have plenty of leverage as well. McGroarty will do what is best for him. I didn't like how this player was being characterized but this place seems full of double-standards lately.
Can he play in the KHL or Switzerland for a year?

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

I guess if you want some competition for Lysell. Wahlstrom just has never really done much since his draft year. He had one year for a bad BC team and was mediocre. He jumped to the AHL where he was mediocre, and then the Isles pushed him to the NHL where he had a pretty good rookie year, but then struggled his second year, and got hurt his 3rd year

If it is a very cheap chance then maybe

Kaliyev was the guy I wanted with the bruins pick in his draft year. He hasn't really developed well. Based on the advanced stats it seems his defense isn't that bad, and actually better than his offense. The real problem is that he is an abysmal transition player. His skating is poor, and in terms of things like zone entry he is awful. As he signed after his age 19 season, and has had 4 years as a pro I think he would need to clear waivers this year ( I could be wrong )

I guess you could bring him in to compete with Lysell, but I sure wouldn't give up much to get him for that

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I guess if you want some competition for Lysell. Wahlstrom just has never really done much since his draft year. He had one year for a bad BC team and was mediocre. He jumped to the AHL where he was mediocre, and then the Isles pushed him to the NHL where he had a pretty good rookie year, but then struggled his second year, and got hurt his 3rd year

If it is a very cheap chance then maybe

Kaliyev was the guy I wanted with the bruins pick in his draft year. He hasn't really developed well. Based on the advanced stats it seems his defense isn't that bad, and actually better than his offense. The real problem is that he is an abysmal transition player. His skating is poor, and in terms of things like zone entry he is awful. As he signed after his age 19 season, and has had 4 years as a pro I think he would need to clear waivers this year ( I could be wrong )

I guess you could bring him in to compete with Lysell, but I sure wouldn't give up much to get him for that
Oliver resigned with Islanders and someone who projects to 13 goals over 82 games is not worth it. Rather give Lysell/Merk a legit chance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad