Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Whoever modeled McAvoys value did not watch the playoffs.
Yeah, imagine modeling off of 82 games instead of 13, crazy

View attachment 896997
The Athletic’s contract efficiency rankings had the bruins ranked at 15 accompanied by this chart. Not sure what they were smoking when they decided that Carlo is overpaid and that Zadorov is worth 1.4 mil less than Wotherspoon.
I've been pretty down on these rankings ever since they put Hampus as the worst contract in the league...funny that he's now a 'B' value a few years into that same contract

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
What McGroarty is doing is no different than most NCAA players now. They know if they don't sign by a certain date, they can call their shot, so right off the bat they have a certain amount of leverage in the situation.

We see it every spring with the crop of unsigned NCAA free agents. They have multiple suitors and they demand A) The team essentially "burn" a year of the contract to allow for a quicker big payday, and B) Some assurances of when they will be in the NHL, where they will slot in the line-up, role, etc. often wanting that to occur right after they sign.

McGroarty is basically acting like a free agent now, because when it reality he kind of is given the loop-hole available to him. He's just playing the game within the rules.
Well that is what it is, but demanding PP time and all, yeah no thanks.

Reactions: bruins19

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
As would I
Now for the difficult question
Would you do McGroarty for Poitras?
I'm leaning yes
That's a tough question. I haven't watched any McGroaty, but Poitras has already proven he can play in the NHL. Now with some added size I'm excited to see what he can do.

It would be great to have both, but I really don't know what we can offer the Jets. A 1st + Merk? That's probably not enough.

Reactions: Guelph Bruin

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
As would I
I'm leaning yes
IMG_3400.gif

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
As would I
I'm leaning yes
Indeed a tough call. Rutger outplayed Matt in the Worlds by a fair margin but Matt has demonstrated NHL talent...but I'm guessing Rutger is NHL caliber as well ...comes down to centre needs vs winger needs I guess...I stick with Matt but it's a really close call

Reactions: CDJ and Gordoff

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Pretty much a no-brainer. Guy's worn a C everywhere he's been, except for Michigan. You'd have to weigh him vs Poitras's best case and I'd take the risk there due to intact shoulders if nothing else.

One thing sticks out as a concern. His goal scoring appears to be static while his assists take off. Assists take off naturally on teams like NTDP and Michigan. It's like taking assist totals from Chicago Steel players as gospel. Scoring in junior tournaments covers for most of that concern, though.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Pretty much a no-brainer. Guy's worn a C everywhere he's been, except for Michigan. You'd have to weigh him vs Poitras's best case and I'd take the risk there due to intact shoulders if nothing else.

One thing sticks out as a concern. His goal scoring appears to be static while his assists take off. Assists take off naturally on teams like NTDP and Michigan. It's like taking assist totals from Chicago Steel players as gospel. Scoring in junior tournaments covers for most of that concern, though.
Good points. Him being captain and IMO the best player at the WJC with an absolutely stacked team puts him on a different level POTENTIALLY than Matty Ice, but man do I love me some Poitras too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad