Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
That training looks awful.
Sweating it out in the swamp. I'd like to think that the focus and rehab is in his head, heart and not the body is being pushed. Talk about a guy who will be out to prove to everyone he can return to Winnipeg form. NTC gives him the ability to choose Boston and the culture that will not only allow him to contend but to also be in the best locker room and culture possible.

Really reminds me of the Horton and the transformation he went through coming from Florida to Boston and the 'rumours' about his effort.

Can you imagine being a goalie and trying to predict and get to your angle when Pastrnak and Laine are both being fed passes from Lindholm? Can you imagine Lindholm going from 3rd line wingers in Vancouver to having those two to feed?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Boston Bruins

Here’s an example of a contending team that could use a cost-friendly injection of youth in the lineup. Boston holds its own 2025 first-round pick, so maybe that’s the basis of a swap and Winnipeg views that pick as a chip it can play to address a need ahead of the trade deadline next winter.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
To Boston:

LW Patrik Laine (50% retained, $4,350,000 / 2 Years)

To Columbus:

C Pavel Zacha ($4,750,000 / 3 Years)

Both have a M-NTC of 10 teams they can put on a no-trade list. This is just summer talk to pass the time but do you do it given the playoff performances of Zacha vs. the possible upside of a healthy (inside and out) Laine?

You'd be giving the LW spot Zacha was going to play to Laine and saving about 400K while also giving Columbus a C that they need. You'd then run Lindholm - Coyle - Geekie/Poitras down the middle and then Laine - Marchand - Frederic on the LW.

Team also gets EVEN BIGGER as Laine is 6'5".

Just love hearing Bruins fans thoughts during the slow summertime.

Cheers!

Reactions: KurtDangle

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Reactions: LouJersey

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
To Boston:

To Columbus:

Both have a M-NTC of 10 teams they can put on a no-trade list. This is just summer talk to pass the time but do you do it given the playoff performances of Zacha vs. the possible upside of a healthy (inside and out) Laine?

You'd be giving the LW spot Zacha was going to play to Laine and saving about 400K while also giving Columbus a C that they need. You'd then run Lindholm - Coyle - Geekie/Poitras down the middle and then Laine - Marchand - Frederic on the LW.

Cheers!

Too much of a risk for a gain that isn't that big enough to go for IMO. What's the upside, an extra 10ish goals and points over Zacha vs the chance he could be busted goods with no in-house replacement to step up into the top 6 for the 30-40 games Laine ends up missing again? And the size is negligible - Zacha is 6'3 and had more hits this year alone than Laine has in the last 4 seasons combined, nearly 160 games played.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
To Boston:

To Columbus:

Cheers!
Yeah that extra inch is a difference make, sounds like my old girlfriend when she left me for my best friend. Bruins need another winger and Laine would be worth a shot in my mind but subtracting Zacha makes zero sense, plus if needed you can still plug Zacha into center. Bruins should also be looking at Alex Nylander.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
wow

Read that the reason McGroarty has not been moved yet is that the kids agent has a laundry list of demands from the acquiring team including: Guarenteed Roster Spot & PowerPlay Time.

Most teams with a good roster are gonna bristle at that.

Imagine being a gm in the nhl and trading assets to add a guy who is already making ridiculous demands? Just handing him a roster spot and power play time. Hilarious. No way that’s true.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Imagine being a gm in the nhl and trading assets to add a guy who is already making ridiculous demands? Just handing him a roster spot and power play time. Hilarious. No way that’s true.
Not a good look for sure, and if not, true it is still harmful to have that out there.

Reactions: Kegs

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

1721654381444.png

Also from the article:
"There are other teams that might be interested in Rutger McGroarty that are hearing a lot of the same things from the McGroarty camp that the Jets have heard in terms of playing time and assurances," McIntyre said on Winnipeg Sports Talk, adding, "There may have been one particular deal that was close to happening that essentially fell apart because the other team didn't like what they were hearing either from the McGroarty camp. That may be complicating this for the Jets."

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
I mean if I am going to leave college it's not going to be to play for the Manitoba Moose.

Winnipeg wanted to sign McGroarty to a professional contract in April but was unwilling to promise a path to playing time.

“We made it very open to him at the onset that we were more than willing to sign him, more than willing to turn him pro. But in the same token, we need him to make that decision for what he feels is best for his development,” Cheveldayoff said in May. “I think Rutger is looking for an even bigger role where he can help lead a team to greatness and help his development there.”

Yeah sounds like a terrible kid. Where did all the bullshit other stuff come from?

Reactions: CDJ

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I mean if I am going to leave college it's not going to be to play for the Manitoba Moose.

Winnipeg wanted to sign McGroarty to a professional contract in April but was unwilling to promise a path to playing time.

“We made it very open to him at the onset that we were more than willing to sign him, more than willing to turn him pro. But in the same token, we need him to make that decision for what he feels is best for his development,” Cheveldayoff said in May. “I think Rutger is looking for an even bigger role where he can help lead a team to greatness and help his development there.”

Yeah sounds like a terrible kid. Where did all the bullshit other stuff come from?

All the contract demand info is from lower level media people. I don't think anyone national has touched this info yet. So take with a grain of salt. Could be media manipulation on both sides.

Reactions: CDJ and LouJersey

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
wow

Read that the reason McGroarty has not been moved yet is that the kids agent has a laundry list of demands from the acquiring team including: Guarenteed Roster Spot & PowerPlay Time.

Most teams with a good roster are gonna bristle at that.
Who does this kid think he is. Not a good teammate already. Earn it kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad