Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
There's no chance that McAvoy isn't a top 10 dmen in the league. Playoffs aren't the only factor here; his entire body of work puts him where he is.
I get ya....but play offs are a major factor. .....To be a top 10 ya cant suck in the play offs 3 years straight.

Last edited:

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Noah Hanafin, Thams Harley, Noah Dobson, Kris Letang, Josh Morrissey, Drew Doughty, Brady Skjei, Vince Dunn, Brent Burns, Gustov Forsling, Markus Pettersson.

That's some of them.
No one on that list that I would want as my #1 over Chuck. He's a better balance of O+D and leadership, than anyone on this list.

Doughty, Burns, old, Hanafin is average in his own end, Dobson great in the O end, average in his own end. Letang O only, Skjei 2nd pairing
I really don't follow the other 4, but they're not pimped nationally as anything exceptional.

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
No one on that list that I would want as my #1 over Chuck. He's a better balance of O+D and leadership, than anyone on this list.

Doughty, Burns, old, Hanafin is average in his own end, Dobson great in the O end, average in his own end. Letang O only, Skjei 2nd pairing
I really don't follow the other 4, but their not pimped nationally as anything exceptional.

Just comparing their 2024 seasons to McAvoy's.

Not saying in any way that I would want any of them over Charlie going forward.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
When I went to a game in Edmonton last year while Yamatoto was still playing for the Oilers, the fans there actively hated him. Sheer contempt. And I got it - don't really like his game either. Nimble and can skate well, but he's soft and plays tend to die on his stick a lot. I don't know about the 'feisty' bit - one of the major complaints in Edmonton was that he was too timid.

But I will say this - one of my major complaints about our roster has been that it still looks too slow, and the kid has wheels for sure. Having a look via a PTO for that reason alone might not be the worst idea. Just maybe the Bs could get his career back on track.

I don't really buy the timid label. I've seen him hit on the forecheck, heck I've seen him throw borderline dirty hits... and he averages 93 hits and 44 takeaways per 82 games. That's a lot of contact and puck battles for someone who's supposedly not physically engaged.
Yeah I’ve seen lots of oilers games the past few years and Yamamoto was always very engaged physically. He was one of the smallest players on the ice but he plays big. Yes, his size limits him sometimes, but not because he avoids contact or anything like that. Yamamoto with big players like Frederic and Geekie would be a good situation I think for him to give us solid depth scoring.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I get ya....but play offs are a major factor. To be a top 10 ya cant suck in the play offs 3 years straight.

He hasn't sucked for 3 years straight. Playoffs are important but the majority of the games played are regular season, where player rankings are generally are sourced from.

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
If we are going by 2024, McAvoy wasn't in the top 25.

And Fox is a terrible defenseman, right?
Yes, not sure why you are so hung up on it

You are into soft offensive one dimensional defenseman I'm not,

Give it a rest, I suggest you go watch a few rangers games. You may come away and say his partner is an around better player. He sure saves his ass a 1000 times a game.

McAvoy was not a top 25, wins the dumbest post ever award

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He hasn't sucked for 3 years straight. Playoffs are important but the majority of the games played are regular season, where player rankings are generally are sourced from.
But not by everyone.
True test if a player is among the best ....is how he plays in the play offs when it counts most.
Charlie's game has not fared well then.
Maybe 2025 will be different.

Last edited:

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
But not by everyone.
True test is a player is among the best ....is how he plays in the play offs when it counts most.
Charlie's game has not fared well then.
Maybe 2025 will be different.
Big surprise, the guy with a habs profile picture doesn’t like a Bruin.
1720902065230.jpeg

Reactions: bbfan419

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Big surprise, the guy with a habs profile picture doesn’t like a Bruin.
View attachment 894718
I like Pasta, Marchand, Swayman, Lindholm, Coyle, Carlo, Bergeron, Krejci Debrusk, Geekie, Freddy ,
Orr, Sanderson, Neely, Esposito, Cheever, Orielly and many more as years of my posts attest to.
Charlie I don't dislike. But I've come to realize I over rated him a few seasons back. He ain't what I thought he was. .......and am calling it like I see it.
I'm certainly not alone with that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad