Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully the Swayman thing is dragged out so we have something to worry about and go after Sweeney about

Lysell and Poitras, wondering if they can make a contribution is meh in July - it’s September talk

Ideally they have a deal signed and leave everyone hanging to Labor Day

There is just nothing to do here hockey related

Very boring

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Hopefully the Swayman thing is dragged out so we have something to worry about and go after Sweeney about

Lysell and Poitras, wondering if they can make a contribution is meh in July - it’s September talk

Very boring
IMG_0715.gif

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle

Very boring

They have a song for this feeling…..

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Very boring
So go enjoy the summer

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com

Very boring
Sox are lingering around a playoff spot, Been a good Wimbledon so far , and the Olympics are right around the corner. Plenty of distractions 😂

Reactions: FONZIE and DKH

37Bergenov14

Jul 14, 2016
Even if Merk and Lysell flop in camp a line up like this won’t be to shabby.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Geekie
Frederic-Poitras-Brazeau
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Tufte

Big strong line up. I bet Geekie can put up 25g, 50pts and Brazeau 20g, 40pts playing on those lines.
Not nearly as big on brazeau as others, but this looks about as good as we can hope for. Really hope lysell steps up in camp and earns a spot on the third line, though. Perhaps wishful thinking.

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Geekie
Frederic-Poitras-Brazeau
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Tufte

Big strong line up. I bet Geekie can put up 25g, 50pts and Brazeau 20g, 40pts playing on those lines.
Good forward roster. Better than last season.

Reactions: bbfan419

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Very boring
I desperately need Boston to add a WNBA team to get me through these summers baseball doesn't cut it for me. I like the WNBA more than the NBA I don't want netural NBA games they suck I just like the Celtics but I can watch WNBA 24/7 its my favorite pro league and the NHL is #2 NFL #3.

Our only roster hole is 2nd line RW and Donnie has been really good at adding those players via trade. Nash, Bertuzzi we always get that guy hopefully its Laine this year. Nothing like adding a #1 center via trade in terms of difficulty. Can't believe Donnie got greedy after he added Bert and then went to Washington to add those 2 scumbags Hathaway and Orlov. Hopefully we don't have a vomit inducing trade again this year I was beside myself when Maroon was added this past season. Have some pride and backbone his fake tough guy crap in warmups was ridiculous Maroon would have never survived the 80s or 90s. Love Brown and the Providence adds to fill out the bottom spots and maybe one of them or Geekie could explode and take the 2 RW spot.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Geekie
Frederic-Poitras-Brazeau
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Tufte

That's awfully ambitious. I'm not even expecting Brazeau to remain in the NHL by the end of the season. I hope he does and scores 20, but if he puts up 10 I'd be happy

Reactions: BamBamCam

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I desperately need Boston to add a WNBA team to get me through these summers baseball doesn't cut it for me. I like the WNBA more than the NBA I don't want netural NBA games they suck I just like the Celtics but I can watch WNBA 24/7 its my favorite pro league and the NHL is #2 NFL #3.

Our only roster hole is 2nd line RW and Donnie has been really good at adding those players via trade. Nash, Bertuzzi we always get that guy hopefully its Laine this year. Nothing like adding a #1 center via trade in terms of difficulty. Can't believe Donnie got greedy after he added Bert and then went to Washington to add those 2 scumbags Hathaway and Orlov. Hopefully we don't have a vomit inducing trade again this year I was beside myself when Maroon was added this past season. Have some pride and backbone his fake tough guy crap in warmups was ridiculous Maroon would have never survived the 80s or 90s. Love Brown and the Providence adds to fill out the bottom spots and maybe one of them or Geekie could explode and take the 2 RW spot.

For the record they traded for Orlov and Hathaway a week before they traded for Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi was added after Hall got hurt.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I'm not sure if anyone remembers that incident a few years ago when the Stars called up one of their native prospects and told him he was going to play. He spent all of his call-up money on buying tickets for his family only to get benched 1 hour before game time....just an awful move by their management

Well, I just found out that was Riley Tufte.

I'm pulling for this kid hard

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
5 goals in 19 games translates to about 21 goals in a season. While playing 4th line minutes.
Definitely has some skill and he did a lot better than I expected. We shall see if he can do it over 82 but I think he should have the opportunity to earn a spot on the 3rd line

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
For the record they traded for Orlov and Hathaway a week before they traded for Bertuzzi. Bertuzzi was added after Hall got hurt.
Good call. It’s in the past but I’m not really happy that Maroon Orlov and Hathaway were ever Bruins. More became less. What’s next Matt Cooke as an assistant coach? Sorry those might be my 3 most hated current NHLers.

Hall Nash Bert. Donnie can add those second line wingers if thats out hole which it looks like I assume it’s either filled internally and someone knocks it out of the park like Merkulov or he gets someone legit.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
5 goals in 19 games translates to about 21 goals in a season. While playing 4th line minutes.
He is slow, but he has great hands and is a monster in front of the net. I have a hard time not seeing him on the opening night roster. Can get dirty goals on the PP and add some danger to the 4th line.

Probably in/out of the lineup throughout the season but he had a good audition last year.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
I took a look at even strength Xgoals (expected goals) per 60 minutes and found out Zadina actually had the highest on the Sharks at .78...

I took a look at some other FA left that could be worth a shot

Zadina .78
Barabanov .74
Sprong .73
Yamamoto .62
Tyler Johnson .61
Kubalik .57
Alex Nylander .92 (small sample size)

I think your best bet is on one of these former Sharks just due to a lack of talent they played with. There could still be something there in Zadina if he can be just passable defensively

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Good call. It’s in the past but I’m not really happy that Maroon Orlov and Hathaway were ever Bruins.
Hall Nash Bert. Donnie can add those second line wingers if thats out hole which it looks like I assume it’s either filled internally and someone knocks it out of the park like Merkulov or he gets someone legit.
Grrrrr Nash trade. Big dumb trade deadline risk. This and Backes dumb. Other than that Don has done well.

Reactions: Gordoff

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
He’s usually getting his shots in close and isn’t really the kind of guy to fire pucks on net every chance he gets- I could see him being in the mid teens for shooting%

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I read or heard somewhere in my travels last week that Goalie Bob likes him and he’s targeted for the backup barring something crazy

I know we might not but I’ll defer to Essensa

I think with this team and goalie room/staff he’s more likely to be very good then bad

Feel like Bruins want confirmation one way or the other on Lysell and the only way is a Chris Bourque-like chance

He’s slick and quick and goes balls to wall into the heavy areas

I never thought one time watching him live he was soft - kinda the opposite lol

From what I read Bob worked with Korpi during is brief stint with the Kings.

Reactions: DKH
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad