Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Are we really that confident in Lysell as the 2R to start the season? Personally, I think that's wishful thinking.

I see him giving us 40-50 games with 10-15 goals and an equal number of assists. And I think I might be a little optimistic with those expectations....And that's not a slam on Lysell. That's just accounting for growing pains in your first season in the NHL.

Is that the production you are OK with out of your 2R?
He is absolutely not at top 6 winger in the nhl. That’s ludicrous and complete fantasy. 2R is a gaping hole.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The thing with Lysell is like most rookies not named McDavid or Bedard (or those types) you don't know till you play them, and ideally it would be in the best position for them to succeed. For Lysell that is as a scoring forward with skilled linemates. I don't know, and no one here does, whether he is a top 6 wing: he has to play there for us to see, and nothing wrong with that. If he isn't ready, so be it, and go with someone else.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Zacha - Lindholm - Pasta
Marchand - Coyle - Lysell/Frederic
Frederic/Merkulov
- Poitras - Geekie
Jones - Beecher - Brazeau
Kastelic

Zadorov - McAvoy
Lindholm - Carlo
Lohrei - Peeke

Swayman
Korpisalo

Bolded your TBDs

StonedZboril

Jul 8, 2022
The thing with Lysell is like most rookies not named McDavid or Bedard (or those types) you don't know till you play them, and ideally it would be in the best position for them to succeed. For Lysell that is as a scoring forward with skilled linemates. I don't know, and no one here does, whether he is a top 6 wing: he has to play there for us to see, and nothing wrong with that. If he isn't ready, so be it, and go with someone else.
Well said.

Reactions: Dr Hook

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I think people are severely underrating Lysell because of one comment by his coach in the media that he shouldn’t have made, and are ignoring the comments he made about Lysell shortly after.
I think it's more the comments Mark Divver made.

People must have missed it a couple of weeks ago on Haggs pod (might be why they missed it) when Divver was raving about Lysell.

Ozzy Osbourne

Nov 14, 2023
I think you’re going to see a decent amount of Brazeau at 2RW
Hopefully, but I think you’re going to see a decent amount of Braz in Providence. I like the guy but he played a handful of games and stood out with the roster we had at the time. I’m hopeful, but we are supposed to be faster next season according to Sweeney. Unfortunately he doesn’t have much speed.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Hopefully, but I think you’re going to see a decent amount of Braz in Providence. I like the guy but he played a handful of games and stood out with the roster we had at the time. I’m hopeful, but we are supposed to be faster next season according to Sweeney. Unfortunately he doesn’t have much speed.
They shopped for a bigger faster aggressive type for their 4th line - not a good place for Brazeau. However, he can play on top group on wing- he’s got good hands and hockey IQ

Plus 70,000 v 775,000 will be enough motivation to play physical

Reactions: KOZ37

dpazzia

Jul 3, 2024
Hey all, I don't post much but I love reading all your takes.

I know he wanted a trade, so what would it cost for Patrick Laine at 50% retained? I think that would bring his salary around 4 million a year? Seems like the ideal fit at RW

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hey all, I don't post much but I love reading all your takes.

I know he wanted a trade, so what would it cost for Patrick Laine at 50% retained? I think that would bring his salary around 4 million a year? Seems like the ideal fit at RW

It would be difficult. Most likely would take similar amount of $$$ out to make it fit cap wise.
Would be easier to answer if we knew what Swaymans cap was.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruins have strong D, G, first line. Perfect time to give Lysell every chance to become a regular

They should know by Jan if he’s got the game

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010

I wonder if he drops 10-15 pounds this summer if that would improve his quickness enough to help him stay in the lineup for the Bruins.

FrankerC

Jun 24, 2016
Lewiston, Maine
Bruins have strong D, G, first line. Perfect time to give Lysell every chance to become a regular

They should know by Jan if he’s got the game
With the olympic break in Feb this season, Bruins will have played half of the season by Jan. Id have Lysell on a tight leash this season and hopefully he is showing results by at least early December.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad