Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
1719943957092.png

Consider having $17.5m left after Swayman.
Marchand 1 year contract of $4.5?

Can’t imagine they keep all of Geekie, Coyle, and Freddy. Granted the cap goes up and you move Korpi.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Are we really that confident in Lysell as the 2R to start the season? Personally, I think that's wishful thinking.

I see him giving us 40-50 games with 10-15 goals and an equal number of assists. And I think I might be a little optimistic with those expectations....And that's not a slam on Lysell. That's just accounting for growing pains in your first season in the NHL.

Is that the production you are OK with out of your 2R?

Last edited:

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
Are we really that confident in Lysell as the 2R to start the season? Personally, I think that's wishful thinking.

I see him giving us 40-50 games with 10-15 goals and an equal number of assists. And I think I might be a little optimistic with those expectations....And that's not a slam on Lysell. That's just accounting for growing pains in your first season in the NHL.
I don't know if it's wishful or not but with a rookie I think Sweeney and Monty need to have a plan B and C.

Bruins4Lifer

Jun 28, 2006
Regina, SK

Is that the production you are OK with out of your 2R?
It's incredibly wishful thinking. Lysell hasn't played a game in the NHL yet. Even if he's good enough to make the team as 3RW, they have no depth at the position. Right now you have to think they are going with Geekie as 2RW with Marchand-Coyle, and Brazeau is the 3RW with Frederic-Poitras.

While I think Korpisalo will be able to turn it around this year, his $3M cap hit is hurting the team's ability to get some depth at RW. Someone like Daniel Sprong would be a decent add to have on RW to play 2RW or 3RW.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Final touches to the roster is to sign Swayman and somehow trade for McGroarty.

2025 1st + Merkulov + 2026 3rd for McGroarty

Zacha-E. Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Lysell
McGroarty-Poitras-Frederic
Jones-Beecher-Geekie

Zadorov-McAvoy
H. Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke

Swayman
Korpisalo

Pretty deep lineup.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
It's incredibly wishful thinking. Lysell hasn't played a game in the NHL yet. Even if he's good enough to make the team as 3RW, they have no depth at the position. Right now you have to think they are going with Geekie as 2RW with Marchand-Coyle, and Brazeau is the 3RW with Frederic-Poitras.

While I think Korpisalo will be able to turn it around this year, his $3M cap hit is hurting the team's ability to get some depth at RW. Someone like Daniel Sprong would be a decent add to have on RW to play 2RW or 3RW.
I could get behind a Sprong signing as well. Or Roslovic. Either way, we still need wingers who can score. Between JDB, Heinen and JVR we've lost a decent amount of offense, and slotting in Merkulov and/or Lysell isn't going to cut it.

Last edited:
Reactions: HustleB

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Final touches to the roster is to sign Swayman and somehow trade for McGroarty.

2025 1st + Merkulov + 2026 3rd for McGroarty

Zacha-E. Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Lysell
McGroarty-Poitras-Frederic
Jones-Beecher-Geekie

Zadorov-McAvoy
H. Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke

Swayman
Korpisalo

Pretty deep lineup.
Are the bruins linked to McGroarty or is every team wanting to improve their team in on McGroarty? And the Jets are wanting to maximize the return? Feels like a pipe dream to me.

Reactions: Gordoff and kdog82

pucksindeep92

Jun 19, 2023
Cap is projected to be 92 or more and Coyle will also be up.
Coyle is up the following year as a UFA.

Personally, I think Beecher is going to show he is ready to take 3C by the end of the season even if the spot isn’t open. But if he isn't planned/talented enough to be your 3c in 2025-2026 season, you move him and re-sign Geekie. If Beecher doesn’t continue to progress this season, flip him in a deal for McGroarty… I don’t want to invest too much time or money into a 4c.

Frederic is likely to price himself out, considering we need scoring wingers up top I’d like to maximize his return by this years deadline.
If Poitras shows he can be 2c, then with 3C covered by Beecher/Geekie, you can then move Coyle during the 2026 draft for a first+ and re-coup the first you traded with Frederic for a top 6 wing this coming winter/spring. This would get you a higher seed pick than you likely would have had if we keep our 2025 first.

Reactions: Gordoff

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
Coyle is up the following year as a UFA.

Personally, I think Beecher is going to show he is ready to take 3C by the end of the season even if the spot isn’t open. But if he isn't planned/talented enough to be your 3c in 2025-2026 season, you move him and re-sign Geekie. If Beecher doesn’t continue to progress this season, flip him in a deal for McGroarty… I don’t want to invest too much time or money into a 4c.

Frederic is likely to price himself out, considering we need scoring wingers up top I’d like to maximize his return by this years deadline.
If Poitras shows he can be 2c, then with 3C covered by Beecher/Geekie, you can then move Coyle during the 2026 draft for a first+ and re-coup the first you traded with Frederic for a top 6 wing this coming winter/spring. This would get you a higher seed pick than you likely would have had if we keep our 2025 first.
yeah realized my error and edited my post. coyle up in 26

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Do we still need Peeke as much with Zadarov signed?

Might create some money for a wing?
They have a top 3 D with a mix of grit, skill and mean. Why mess with it? It is the teams strength don't weaken it.

Lysell's goal totals his first two years worry me but come September there could be someone unsigned that could help or Brazeau steps up

I do not think Swayman should get 8 mil at this time in his career. He does have DS backed into a corner with only Korpisalo as a replacement.

6 mil is what he deserves as far as I am concerned.
I'm hoping he doesn't cost them 9+

Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad