Boston Bruins 24-25 Roster/Cap thread IV

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I think last year, I’m getting older so it’s easier to forget so quickly, we had Poitras, JVR, Heinen, Geekie, and Freddy play top six roles at any given time. Maybe even Brazeau.

Four of those guys are still here to slot up into the open spot, and maybe Lysell or Merkulov surprise at camp. If one of the kids win a spot, then our bottom six gets better too. If not, the top six is arguably better than last year anyway.

The defense is better on paper, and the goaltending roughly the same, maybe slightly worse, but we’ll see.

I think the toughness factor is way higher too.

Reactions: Gordoff and HustleB

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Do you think Marchand will follow Bergeron and Krejci and take team friendly bbonus heavy deals?

Team friendly deal maybe. Bonus heavy were a need with Bergeron and Krejci, not something that should be viewed as a plan moving forward. You have to pay the piper at some point .

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

“It speaks to the commitment from ownership, first and foremost, in terms of remaining as competitive as you can, and putting us in a position, hopefully, if we stay healthy that we stack up,” said Sweeney. “We've been very competitive, we haven't had the success we expect to have in the playoffs, and these types of players, I think, should help us in that regard.

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Lysell
Freddy-Poitras-Geekie
Jones-Beecher-Brazeau
Kastelic

Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi (I think he wins a spot in training camp over Korpisalo)

Speed improvement- Beecher, Jones, Lysell, Poitras (vs Maroon, JVR, Heinen)
Toughness added- Zadorov, Jones, Kastelic, full season of Peeke)
Lindholm Poitras and Lysell add the scoring skillset we were missing in the top 9.

Lysell either shows he can hang in the top 9 or we go out and grab a guy who can. Unpopular vote would be to grab Kane out of Edmonton who's been asked to submit teams he'd waive to go to. Wonder if Korpisalo + Merkulov would work? Or Korpisalo +Geekie?
This is exactly it with maybe Merkulov as a chance to push. Preseason will be really fun to watch this year with Poitras, Lysell and Merkulov licking their chops and even some of these "vets" they brought in (Tufte, Viel, Koepke). Bussi vs. Korpi will be interesting.

They have some room to work with too. With that roster you have and with Korpisalo making the team, they'll have 9.3 to sign Swayman. Almost 10 million if Bussi makes it.

Slim pickings but could have some space for another forward

Reactions: Gordoff and Dizzay

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Do you think Marchand will follow Bergeron and Krejci and take team friendly bbonus heavy deals?
100%. He's already alluded to it. Chara started the trend and you are seeing it trickle down.

I think if Lysell didn’t get hurt he would have seen nhl time
He had a poor training camp and needs to come in healthy and ready to fight for a spot this year.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Zacha-Lindholm-Pasta
Marchy-Coyle-Lysell
Freddy-Poitras-Geekie
Jones-Beecher-Brazeau
Kastelic

Zadorov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Lohrei-Peeke
Wortherspoon

Swayman
Bussi (I think he wins a spot in training camp over Korpisalo)

Speed improvement- Beecher, Jones, Lysell, Poitras (vs Maroon, JVR, Heinen)
Toughness added- Zadorov, Jones, Kastelic, full season of Peeke)
Lindholm Poitras and Lysell add the scoring skillset we were missing in the top 9.

Lysell either shows he can hang in the top 9 or we go out and grab a guy who can. Unpopular vote would be to grab Kane out of Edmonton who's been asked to submit teams he'd waive to go to. Wonder if Korpisalo + Merkulov would work? Or Korpisalo +Geekie?

I did not want Kane before Edmonton got him and I certainly don't want him now, as I suspect he is falling apart physically.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
$8.6 million with a 22 man roster plus Swayman. Depending on the 22 you have on the roster.

They could use another LD in Providence.
I have some hope that one of the Providence guys can make the jump and be the guy the Bs need. I have no idea who it will be but fingers crossed.

All in all, I am pleased with what Don Sweeney did yesterday.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I gotta give Sweeney some credit here. Even if it doesn’t work out, he had the balls to basically change it all up at least from an attitude perspective on this team.

He’s been running the same type of team for years and finally went in pretty hard on some beef/snarl.

4th line is big, agitators on the wing, Beecher big and fast/not afraid to fight.

Zadorov was an amazing add and a legitimate tone setter physically. Bruins have been to reactionary in the past and finally feel like they’ve flipped the switch to guys who initiate physicality
Rico with a top shelf take

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
I think he's cooked. Had a good year but was riding the fourth lines in the playoffs

Rather keep the our players
Its a fair point, but we definitely are gonna need to add somebody to add a goalscoring threat. I don't think Lysell is ready to fill that role, and I DEFINITELY don't think he's got the size and durability to last a full season in the NHL even if he was. We saw what happened to Poitras this past season, and I can easily see that happening to Lysell as well.

I think Tarasenko on a 2-3yr deal (If he'll agree to that) makes a lot of sense as an insurance policy.

Last edited:

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Its a fair point, but we definitely are gonna need to add somebody to add a goalscoring threat. I don't think Lysell is ready to fill that role, and I DEFINITELY don't think he's got the size and durability to last a full season in the NHL even if he was. We saw what happened to Poitras this past season, and I can easily see that happening to Lysell as well.

I think Tarasenko on a 2-3yr deal (If he'll agree to that) makes a lot of sense as an insurance policy.

Lysell and Poitras just have to play smarter in order to last in the NHL, use Mitch Marner as an example, small guy who has excelled in regular season hockey.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Lysell and Poitras just have to play smarter in order to last in the NHL, use Mitch Marner as an example, small guy who has excelled in regular season hockey.
Poitras seems to leave himself vulnerable to big hits ,he scares me maybe less dangling more moving the puck quicker,unless Marchand can teach him how to do it better avoiding as many hits,he’s pretty good at it ,well not as much now as he was ,age and hip surgeries have taken away some of his craftiness unfortunately.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
F1245243-50B9-4271-A409-DB29FE8857C8.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad