24-25 Caps or Penguins

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who is better?

• Caps

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Pens

Votes: 10 35.7%

• Total voters

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I really want to see Mike Sullivan gone.

It's not even about whether you like him or not, or whether you think he's a good coach. Sometimes coaches just have a shelf life - and his is about 2 years past in Pittsburgh.

I'd love to see the Pittsburgh core get one last go with a different coach.

I voted Pittsburgh, but we'll see. I trust Crosby to do well still - curious to see if EK & Malkin have a bounce back year.

For what it's worth - I wouldn't be shocked to see Ovechkin with a monster year himself.

Reactions: Beau Knows

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Hard to say.

Washington has done a better job of getting more out of their depth players and bringing in youth, while the Penguins old core guys seem to be aging better.

The Penguins have an extremely stale head coach that is hard to have any faith in.

With the big guys on both teams getting another year older, I'd be surprised to see either team make the playoffs. I wouldn't totally count out either team, but they'll likely need the east to really struggle like it did last season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Pens feel like they’re going to be the same stale team under Sullivan, but now minus Guentzel. They’re not bad but they’re just not very good. Caps heavily outperformed their goal differential last year but they seem to have a more cohesive teams and added more pieces. I also expect Ovechkin to have a year more in line with his second half. I think the Caps will be better but I think there’a a decent chance both miss the playoffs. I think Jersey bounces back to a top 3 spot and I wouldn’t be surprised if the Isles or a 5th place Metro team finish ahead of both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad