GDT: #23 - Blue Jackets @ Fat, Flightless, Waddling Birds 11-24-18

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Soft play on the boards by Nuti, savard and wennberg get wires crossed, and an easy tap in past korpi. Better luck next time

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I'm done with this one. Korpisalo against the Pens was a dangerous choice that has backfired. Pittsburgh is not a last place team. It's amateur hour with this defense right now.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
In 2016 we had our 16 game win streak stopped via blowout by Washington and they never looked back. Iirc Washington was a fringe playoff team at the time.

I fear we are going to be the game in which the penguins awaken for the rest of the year.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
You’re kidding me? No it wasn’t.

Weren’t you the first one to declare him the starter after Bob had a bad start?

Didn’t I already openly admit that last week and you ‘liked’ the post? Yeah, I did. But that was also when Korpi was playing better than Bob despite his ugly stats. No denying that.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
In 2016 we had our 16 game win streak stopped via blowout by Washington and they never looked back. Iirc Washington was a fringe playoff team at the time.

I fear we are going to be the game in which the penguins awaken for the rest of the year.

Even thought they lost to the Bruins in OT last night I'd say they were awakened in the 5-1 game against Dallas.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
With Korpi folks are always citing reasons why 2 or more of the goals aren't his fault. With Bob, we have far fewer of these debates since usually he only gives up 1 or 2.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Didn’t I already openly admit that last week and you ‘liked’ the post? Yeah, I did. But that was also when Korpi was playing better than Bob despite his ugly stats. No denying that.

Hopped off that bandwagon real quick. But in short, no that third goal wasn’t on korpisalo. I blame mostly Nutivaara, but either savard or wennberg blew their coverage. That’s an easy goal for a first line player.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I think it's simplistic to say the reason we're losing 3-1 is on the goalie (although he's not preventing our mistakes from ending up in the back of the net). Poor passing, soft play, panicky puck handling, running around the ice chasing the play, poor line changes (I've counted two of them at least). Ugh! Get it together guys.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad