GDT: #21|Islanders vs Penguins|Tue Nov19 @7PMest|

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuroraBorealis

Back-to-back hater
Oct 16, 2018
Vancouver, British Columbia
I would have gone Jarry for this game, then if he plays well, the next Isles game and give Murray the 2nd of the back 2 back vs the Devils because Murray is a guy that will want that game to get a win which is what he should have had last time.
Can't blame him for the loss if he only allows 2. Doesn't matter how shit the goals are if it's only 2. He did his job.

The offense scoring more than 1 against one of the worst defenses in the league woulda been nice.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
He's a center and it appears that the center experiment with Simon has been laid to rest...he's gone the minute Bjug returns...
So is Lafferty, play Lafferty at centre, send down Blandisi, keep Simon in.

Reactions: Andy99

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
well then you are lost
Simon is too frustrating for me. Puck control and protection are above average, so Sid seems to like him because of it, but the rest of his skillset is so bad. 95% of the plays seem to die on his stick. His production away from Sid will be very telling.

Reactions: Ryder71

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Simon is too frustrating for me. Puck control and protection are above average, so Sid seems to like him because of it, but the rest of his skillset is so bad. 95% of the plays seem to die on his stick. His production away from Sid will be very telling.
As opposed to Blandisi who does...?

The only problem with Simon is that he doesn't rack up points. He's a great passer, puck battler, puck retriever, and play-keeper-aliver. Blandisi is just an AHL tweener.

We're talking about a spot in the lineup, which Simon has overwhelmingly shown he deserves. If you don't think he should play with Sid, then sure. But Simon does so much outside of scoring that Blandisi doesn't that I have no interest in wasting him.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Great GDT! :thumbu:

PS- If Cizikas has another exceptional performance, I'm a gonna kill myself. I'm sick of his ####.

Dude, we already know Cizikas will have a goal and an assist while going 90% in the faceoff circle.

Maybe sleep through this one and live a long life :laugh:

Reactions: EightyOne

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Can't blame him for the loss if he only allows 2. Doesn't matter how **** the goals are if it's only 2. He did his job.

The offense scoring more than 1 against one of the worst defenses in the league woulda been nice.
When the goals he lets in look like the 2 the Devils scored, it's really easy to blame him. The Zajac goal off his head, Murray left his post and was sliding across the crease to an imaginary opponent, then had to scramble back to attempt a flailing save.

The Coleman goal was just, wow. I don't even know how to describe it.

Reactions: Andy99

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
This is a huge week. Can’t let the Isles get so far ahead if they beat us in both games...also another division game against NJD that we need and failed to get the W last time... we need those dominant analytics to reflect in results...

Reactions: Khelandros

Bumpus

Shhh ...
Mar 4, 2008
WV
We broke their winning streak, so now it's time to break their points streak.
th

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Galchenyuk - Blandisi - Simon might be the weirdest line I've ever seen this team assemble.
It really is.

Blandisi is like a spaz on skates, no direction whatsoever, he's like a dog with permanent zoomies.
Chucky is still trying to figure his shit out.
Simon is the muffin man with his shot.

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Galchenyuk - Blandisi - Simon might be the weirdest line I've ever seen this team assemble.

Is it though? I think it's kind of obvious that it is a line thrown together out of spare parts. The first line is...well really Sully has no choice but to play those three together. The second line, Kahun has been earning his position, McCann is currently the 2nd best centre that the team has (even if he is a better winger) at the moment, Tanev just seems to help any line that he is on and is the most deserving RW to be in the top 6 right now. The fourth line has basically been the same all year, but with Lafferty in for Tanev, not a huge change since they are similar players. So yeah it seems odd to put Gally, Bland and Simon together, but where else are they going to play? The only other option would have been to play Simon or Gally at centre and call up Johnson instead of Blandisi, but it's fairly obvious that Sully does not see either of them as a centre in the NHL.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
As opposed to Blandisi who does...?

The only problem with Simon is that he doesn't rack up points. He's a great passer, puck battler, puck retriever, and play-keeper-aliver. Blandisi is just an AHL tweener.

We're talking about a spot in the lineup, which Simon has overwhelmingly shown he deserves. If you don't think he should play with Sid, then sure. But Simon does so much outside of scoring that Blandisi doesn't that I have no interest in wasting him.
I mean Blandisi is an even better puck battler and puck retriever. He can also play both wing and centre, which makes him more versatile. Blandisi is also a good penalty killer, which Simon simply isn't. He's always working hard, Simon on the other hand shows up when he feels like it. He can either look good or look like an ECHLer. People forget Blandisi was a pretty good 4th liner for NJ before he got traded to Anaheim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad