2026 NHL draft prospects

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
you never really know until a player makes the jump to the WHL/Juniors how they'll adjust but looking like another very strong class out west even with Kosick+Beuker looking like NCAA path players and no idea what the imports will be

1-Gavin McKenna F Medicine Hat
2-Mathis Preston F Spokane
3-Daxon Rudolph D Prince Albert
4-Ryan Lin D Vancouver
5-Brett Olson F Vancouver
6-Keaton Verhoeff D Victoria
7-Joe Iginla F Edmonton
8-Liam Ruck F Medicine Hat
9-Markus Ruck F Medicine Hat
10-Riley Boychuk F Prince Albert

HM-Ty Muenier F Prince Albert, Beckett Hamilton F Red Deer, Cruz Pavao F Tri-City, Jordan Duguay F Portland, Caelan Joudrey F Wenatchee

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
you never really know until a player makes the jump to the WHL/Juniors how they'll adjust but looking like another very strong class out west even with Kosick+Beuker looking like NCAA path players and no idea what the imports will be

1-Gavin McKenna F Medicine Hat
2-Mathis Preston F Spokane
3-Daxon Rudolph D Prince Albert
4-Ryan Lin D Vancouver
5-Brett Olson F Vancouver
6-Keaton Verhoeff D Victoria
7-Joe Iginla F Edmonton
8-Liam Ruck F Medicine Hat
9-Markus Ruck F Medicine Hat
10-Riley Boychuk F Prince Albert

HM-Ty Muenier F Prince Albert, Beckett Hamilton F Red Deer, Cruz Pavao F Tri-City, Jordan Duguay F Portland, Caelan Joudrey F Wenatchee
Some really exciting prospects coming out of the Dub recently both in quality and quantity.

Too bad about Kosick+Beuker though.

Kosick is tiny though so the NCAA might be his best path but he might stagnate on the way.

Any idea on where he and Beuker are playing next year?

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Some really exciting prospects coming out of the Dub recently both in quality and quantity.

Too bad about Kosick+Beuker though.

Kosick is tiny though so the NCAA might be his best path but he might stagnate on the way.

Any idea on where he and Beuker are playing next year?
both will try and make the NTDP as both are dual citizens. If not I imagine they'll be in the BCHL, maybe USHL.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Evan Jardine 8 points in 7 games for Youngstown in limited action. Most of his season in U17 minor hockey, late 2007 born, Harvard commit
Watched one of his games recently. Looked like of these small dime a dozen opportunistic scorers. What he’s doing in the USHL for a 2026 eligible is notable, but I didn’t think he looked like a future high pick. Potentially that changes.

Mar 31, 2005
East Coast
How does the top 30 of 2026 stack up against 2023, 2024, 2025 at this point?

Based on way to early estimations is it 1. 2023, 2. 2025, 3a. 2026 3b. 2024 (tbh I'm just basing the last 2 on the respective rankings of Iginla brothers :laugh:)

SAS

Sep 29, 2017
How does the top 30 of 2026 stack up against 2023, 2024, 2025 at this point?

Based on way to early estimations is it 1. 2023, 2. 2025, 3a. 2026 3b. 2024 (tbh I'm just basing the last 2 on the respective rankings of Iginla brothers :laugh:)
Bumping this thread as I am curious about this also.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
In my opinion, 2023 looks the best as of now, due to Bedard/Carlsson/Fantilli/Smith being a very strong 1-4 combo. I'd rank them 2023>2026>2024>2025. I think 2026 is actually pretty close to 2023, and maybe even just as good, depending on how good McKenna ends up being.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
In my opinion, 2023 looks the best as of now, due to Bedard/Carlsson/Fantilli/Smith being a very strong 1-4 combo. I'd rank them 2023>2026>2024>2025. I think 2026 is actually pretty close to 2023, and maybe even just as good, depending on how good McKenna ends up being.

McKenna obviously seems promising and I know Fedorov and Björck seem like top tier prospects. Are there any other names that right now seem like potential top 5 picks?

I'm also curious if there are any defensemen that seem like potential top 10 picks. Maybe Rudolph and Schairer?

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
McKenna obviously seems promising and I know Fedorov and Björck seem like top tier prospects. Are there any other names that right now seem like potential top 5 picks?

I'm also curious if there are any defensemen that seem like potential top 10 picks. Maybe Rudolph and Schairer?
Alexei Vlasov, Mathias Preston, JP Hurlburt and Mikey Berchild are names that could push for top 5....Vlasov IMO is the top russian over Fedorov....for the Russians though i am just going by contacts i have in Russia who do scouting for NHL teams.

Last edited:
Reactions: teravaineSAROS

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria

F Yegor Shilov, F Ryan Roobroeck, F Mathis Preston, D Callum Crosskery, all stand out to me as having top-5 potential, although there are quite a few others I wouldn't be surprised to see there, and certainly at least one of them will get there. It seems like a very deep class, to me. F Riley Boychuk, F Joe Iginla, F Liam Ruck, F Markus Ruck, F Brett Olson, F Dayne Beuker, F Mikey Berchild, F JP Hurlburt, F Ethan Belchetz, F Alessandro Di Iorio, F Adam Valentini, F Elton Hermansson, D Keaton Verhoeff, D Brek Liske, and D Dennis Lindberg, in addition to the names you listed, I think have top 10 potential. Lots of development to go between now and then, but I'm high on a lot of prospects from this class.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Would not rule out Chase Reid from that defensemen for top 10 discussion.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00