U20: 2025 WJC Switzerland roster talk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
As per usual, an early look at the potential roster. Here's what I'd do if I had to select a roster today:

Goalies:

Elijah Neuenschwander (06)
Phileas Lachat (06)
Christian Kirsch (06)

Defensemen:

Timo Bünzli (05), Eric Schneller (05)
Leon Muggli (06), Nic Balestra (05)
Daniil Ustinkov (06), Gian Meier (06)
Basile Sansonnens (06), Joel Kurt (06)
Nils Rhyn (05), Robin Bisig (05)

Forwards:

Rico Gredig (05), Jan Dorthe (05), Lars Steiner (07)
Kimi Körbler (06), Jamiro Reber (06), Jordan Forget (06)
Leo Braillard (05), Alain Graf (05), Rafael Meier (05)
Janis Embacher (05), Florian Schenk (07), Endo Meier (05)
Guillaume Kaser (05), Kimo Gruber (05), David Bosson (06)

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
Steiner has started hot in the QMJHL he could be one of the leaders of the team if he progresses like this. If some Players stick in the NL we may have a new joshua fahrni who improved a lot in the NL in his u20 year.Bünzli,Schneller,Muggli,Ustinkov,Gredig,Dorthe,Rafael Meier,Janis Embacher,Endo Meier are all playing professionally this season in the NL or SL those players always can compete at the WJC level. But i‘d say this is a pretty medicore year for us since their aren‘t that much draft picks except for Muggli,Kirsch,Gredig and Sansonnens who i don‘t know if he‘ll play

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Steiner has started hot in the QMJHL he could be one of the leaders of the team if he progresses like this. If some Players stick in the NL we may have a new joshua fahrni who improved a lot in the NL in his u20 year.Bünzli,Schneller,Muggli,Ustinkov,Gredig,Dorthe,Rafael Meier,Janis Embacher,Endo Meier are all playing professionally this season in the NL or SL those players always can compete at the WJC level. But i‘d say this is a pretty medicore year for us since their aren‘t that much draft picks except for Muggli,Kirsch,Gredig and Sansonnens who i don‘t know if he‘ll play
The team is gonna be much better than the last one. 05 might be a disappointing group overall but many of them have been trending nicely as of late. There are easily 10-15 additional players with pro (some of them even recent NL) experience I haven't listed on the roster above. Lots of kids playing SL/NL right now. It's a team without real standout players but it's gonna be yet another very deep team and certainly deeper than the previous one.

Reactions: Kuracmugger

Kuracmugger

Oct 15, 2019
The team is gonna be much better than the last one. 05 might be a disappointing group overall but many of them have been trending nicely as of late. There are easily 10-15 additional players with pro (some of them even recent NL) experience I haven't listed on the roster above. Lots of kids playing SL/NL right now. It's a team without real standout players but it's gonna be yet another very deep team and certainly deeper than the previous one.
That‘s true but i don‘t know if it will be necessarily better than the last one almost all players there were playing NL/SL or major junior except like Wagner Jenni and Simon Meier but we‘ll see how many 05‘s stick to the NL this birth year was once highly regarded.

Speyer

Sep 23, 2016
Im Wald

That might be a key issue though. Sure the team is deeper than last years squad and other teams from the recent past. But having at least one outstanding offensive catalyst is just huge at the WJC. In years past this has been proven time and time again. Wheter it was Niederreiter the Fiala/Meier tandem, Hischier or even Kurashev or Dionicio. Those teams were usually more compeditive than even deeper teams without a star player.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
That might be a key issue though. Sure the team is deeper than last years squad and other teams from the recent past. But having at least one outstanding offensive catalyst is just huge at the WJC. In years past this has been proven time and time again. Wheter it was Niederreiter the Fiala/Meier tandem, Hischier or even Kurashev or Dionicio. Those teams were usually more compeditive than even deeper teams without a star player.
Yeah but 10 players would be eligible to return and 3 of them I didn't even list on my extended roster. I think it's gonna be a better team than the last one but obviously, it's still gonna need Beglieri level goaltending in order to win knockout games at the WJC20. It think Lachat or Neuenschwander playing at a higher level than the U20 elites would be really important. I don't know if I wanna rely on Huet to make the saves though frankly, nobody expected Beglieri to be any good ahead of the last WJC20 either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad