WJC: 2025 Team USA Roster Talk

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I think Whitelaw becomes a very valuable player for us. He has the skill for a top 6 role and has imo been under the radar since day 1.
Excited to see what he can do given the talent and role he deserves to play with here.

Agreed. He's not big but he plays a style USAH loves and he's versatile, too. The fact that he almost made the last WJC team for the same staff is going to give him a leg up this go around, too.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Really surprised Skahan didn’t make camp roster. I didn’t expect him to make the final team but I thought he’d at least be at camp…

Brady Cleveland might be the first ever former USNTDP D+2 former second round pick to not even make the camp roster (I have zero source for that).

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Seems like the 4th line RW spot is wide open right now. Noah Powell and Brandon Svoboda are two to keep an eye on there.

Powell's 6'1, competitive, plays heavy, and finished his USHL season with 42 goals in his final 45 games. If he can keep up with the speed/pace, then I'd probably give him the nod as it stands now. He has no USA hockey experience though, where most of these other guys do whether it's NTDP, WJAC, or Hlinka.

Svoboda's 6'3 and a good skater. He has the draft pedigree as a 3rd rounder, has won two Clark Cups and can play a role.

I'd also be looking at Tanner Adams, 2 way forward who was 2nd on Providence in scoring and Brodie Ziemer who was just captain of the u18s. The problem with both of them is they are neither big or fast.

My depth chart would look something like this, not factoring in chemistry. I don't know Willis well enough to include.

PerreaultHagensLeonard
EisermanMooreMusty
ConnellyNelsonWhitelaw
StigaTerrancePowell
HendricksonBednarikSvoboda
BurnevikFisherAdams
PlantePelosiZiemer
SwansonShaugabayReeder

Team chemistry will be interesting to see. You have a lot of individually talented players like Moore, Connelly, Eiserman, and Whitelaw, but how will they fit together assuming you keep Perreault and Leonard together.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
Another player worth keeping tabs on next year is Blake Montgomery. 6'4 and has speed. If I had to pick the team today, he wouldn't be on it, but I would have invited him to the camp at least.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
They certainly brought a lot of guys with size to summer. Ralph, Fischer, Kieber were all unexpected by me.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Only tangentially related to this thread….but not a banner night at the draft for USA Hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad