WJC: 2025 Team Canada Roster Talk

joeyrikley

Oct 18, 2023
Good roster. IDK how much thought you put into the lines or if it was more of a depth chart by current ability, but if Barkey makes it I do think it would make sense for Cowan/Barkey to play together since they already have chemistry. Would probably mean moving Cowan down to more of a 3rd line, though I think this roster is more likely to have fairly balanced ice times throughout.
There was definitely some thought put into line placement, like Yager and Ritchie cooked together at the Helinka Gretzky. I do think Team Canada tends to ignore natural chemistry a lot, in situations where one player is clearly higher in the lineup. But you could be right considering the amount of offensive depth on both wings, maybe they'll put more emphasis on it

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Does michael hage make the team as of now?
No one is making it based on just a few weeks of games. Hage is probably in tough for this year in that there are others with higher draft pedigree and with more Hockey Canada experience. That stuff perhaps should not matter but it likely does. Most likely Hage is a sizable part of the 2026 team.

Reactions: Kuracmugger

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Does no one see Zach Benson playing? The Sabres should have let him play last year. Now he's hurt after a weak start - they sure do screw up prospects in Buffalo.

Last edited:

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England
About a month out from when the camp roster will be announced, here is my mock:

McKenna-Catton-Sennecke
Iginla-Luchanko-Greentree
Rehkopf-Yager-Martone
Wood-Ritchie-Nadeau
Cowan

Extra: M. Misa, Heidt

I’m aware this is probably a more skill based group than Hockey Canada will end up taking, but the depth here is insane. My guess is Barlow, Boisvert or Wetsch somehow find their way onto Dave Cameron’s team as matchup players, but they wouldn’t be on mine. Similar to the 2020, this team has 4 lines that would basically be the best line on every country outside of Perrault and Leonard and whoever ends up centring them. Anholt and Salmond picked a bad forward group last year but this year will be extremely difficult to mess up.

Molendyk-Yakemchuk
Dickinson-Bonk
Brunnicke-Parekh
Price

Extras: Mews, Dupont

Another extremely strong group, the best group I can remember Canada having since 2015. So much variety in terms of Physicality, offense, and 200ft défensemen.

Bjarnason
Ratzlaff

Extra: Ivankovic

Bjarnasson was caved in the only other time he played for Canada, but has had a great start with Brandon. Ratzlaff returns and one of Ivankovic and Ravensburg will likely be brought to acclimate them for 2026. This would be the biggest area of weakness if I were to pick one. Hopefully Pogge or whoever it may be manages the utilisation better than last year with Rousseau, which was a catastrophe

Overall, this has the potential to be an extremely strong team, and hopefully the selection committee and Cameron can just stay out of their own way

DavidLamb

Nov 14, 2017
Here is the list of projected Dec Camp invitee based on Summer and current season performance (approximately 10 -12 games)

Nadeau - Ritchie - Cowan
Crystall- Catton - Wood
Barkey - Yager - Sennecke - (checking line)
Rehkopf - Heidt- Martone
McKenna

19 Years Old Invitees:
Pinelli Cataford Gauthier

18 0r 17 years old Invitees:
M. Misa - Iginla - Luchanko

Molendyk - Bonk
Mynio - Parekn
Dickinson - Gibson
Price -Yakemchuk
Smith - Marelli

Forwards likely not invited due to poor performance or injury:

Barlow - poor perfomance against other elite junior players and not playing well.
Lindstrom - Herniated Disc
Romani - Injury

Reactions: jj cale

DavidLamb

Nov 14, 2017
Potential Camp Invitee Line Combinations:

Team White
Nadeau - Catton - Cowan
Rehkopf - Heidt- Martone
McKenna- Iginla- Crystall

Molendyk - Bonk
Dickinson - Gibson
Marelli

Team Red
Wood Ritchie Sennecke
Barkey Yager Gauthier
Pinelli Luchanko Cataford
M. Misa

Mynio - Parekn
Price -Yakemchuk
Smith

Reactions: jj cale

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Exactly. Well said. Made no sense to me.
Especially when they had Savoie to take that spot, and instead they trade him for a bottom six forward after tanking his stock. As bad as you can manage assets.

I want Buffalo to succeed because it’s gotten pathetic how they never seem to come out of this malaise, but it’s like the same story every season where they one up their mistakes.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
Especially when they had Savoie to take that spot, and instead they trade him for a bottom six forward after tanking his stock. As bad as you can manage assets.

I want Buffalo to succeed because it’s gotten pathetic how they never seem to come out of this malaise, but it’s like the same story every season where they one up their mistakes.
Yup. Then they wonder why some teams NEVER get out of the basement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad