WJC: 2025 Team Canada Roster Talk

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
No expectations for Chadwick to make the team ahead of the other guys on the list, but so thrilled he’s developed enough to even get this invite.

He's big and 19 so he's got that going for him. Would be stunning to see a 6th rounder make a team this stacked but he could fit a role as a 7th D better than some of the recently drafted guys because of those attributes.

Reactions: ORRFForever

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England

They are going to have an extremely talented player pool to pick from so it will be kind of hard to mess it up but I’m surprised Anholt is back as GM after picking a team so devoid of talent and scoring last year in favour of grinders and players that didn’t do anything to contribute. Also suprise Pogge is back considering how mismanaged the goaltending situation was last year

Cameron is a decent selection as coach. His teams have played structured and he has got a lot of buy in from skill players to play physical. But if his management of Bedard two years ago is anything to go by, potential draft eligible players in contention such McKenna or Martone should not be expecting to play a major role on this team

SpoolCat

Mar 1, 2016

They are going to have an extremely talented player pool to pick from so it will be kind of hard to mess it up but I’m surprised Anholt is back as GM after picking a team so devoid of talent and scoring last year in favour of grinders and players that didn’t do anything to contribute. Also suprise Pogge is back considering how mismanaged the goaltending situation was last year

Cameron is a decent selection as coach. His teams have played structured and he has got a lot of buy in from skill players to play physical. But if his management of Bedard two years ago is anything to go by, potential draft eligible players in contention such McKenna or Martone should not be expecting to play a major role on this team
I could be wrong but didn't Bedard play the most of any 16 year old since Gretzky. I am pretty sure he has the best stats at least.
As a Lethbridge hurricanes fan I'm over Anholt he makes tons of trades but all they amount to is shuffling deck chairs. We haven't won a playoff GAME since before the pandemic.
I don't think his performance last year really deserves another shot. I don't understand how you don't at least give Heidt a shot to make the team last year when I believe he was leading the CHL in scoring. I think it's very likely we will see at least one talented 18 year old not given a shot to make the team Parekh or Catton Is who I'm thinking it just seems to be the way hockey Canada does things.
As for Cameron not crazy about him either. His team's have had leads in both gold medal games they've played and they have given them up both times. I think I'd prefer Mike Johnston one of the assistants to either of Cameron or Anholts role but I guess we will see.

NordiquesForeva

May 30, 2022
I will say, as a 67s fan, that Cameron has had difficulty getting the most out of his skilled players, particularly on defense. For example, the 67s picked up Pavel Mintyukov at the trade deadline a couple of seasons ago and his offensive production declined from ~1.5 PPG with Saginaw to ~1 PPG with Ottawa (despite playing with more talented forwards in Ottawa, and with defensemen better equipped to provide defensive cover). That is just one example. Cameron's recent playoff runs haven't been good. He got outcoached in a 2nd round matchup a few seasons ago, in which Ottawa was the top seed in the OHL, and lost in 6 games. Swept and embarrassed (as the underdog) n the 2nd round this past season.

BUT, the talent available for this year's Canadian team looks quite strong. Cameron (and Canada) will be better off if he just lets them play, rather than imprint an overly disciplined or structured system on them.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'm surprised that they went back to Cameron. He's ok, and a step up from the Letangs or Spotts or Lowrys of the world, but we shouldn't expect anything special from him. Especially if Canada takes a lead in the gold medal game and completely sits back again, the Cameron special. He seems more comfortable leaning into a grindy approach but this team probably won't be like that. Assistants seem good, guys who have won at the junior level. Parekh's chances probably go up now that his coach in Saginaw is on the staff.

If the GM or Pogge had anything to do with how Canada handled its goaltending situation last year they need to re-evaluate things. In general I hope that Canada goes for an actual competitive camp this year and brings as many players as it is allowed.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Team Canada 2024/2025 Players to Watch

WHL

LHDs (5)

Tanner Molendyk 05

Caden Price 05

Noah Chadwick 05

Sawyer Mynio 05

Justin Kypkie 05

RHDs (5)

Carter Yakemchuk 05

Lukas Dragicevic 05

Justice Christensen 05

Mazden Leslie 05

Carter Sotheran 05

FWDs (10)

Riley Heidt 05

Berkly Catton 06

Andrew Cristall 05

Tarik Parascak 06

Gavin McKenna 07

Brayden Yager 05

Andrew Basha 05

Tij Iginla 06

Oliver Tulk 05

Tanner Howe 05

Goalies (3)

Evan Gardner 06

Jackson Unger 05

Joshua Ravensbergen 06

OHL

LHDs (5)

Sam Dickinson 06

Tristan Bertucci 05

Kashawn Aitcheson 06

Quinton Burns 05

Matthew Andonovski 05

RHDs (5)

Zayne Parekh 06

Oliver Bonk 05

Henry Mews 06

Luca Marelli 05

Andrew Gibson 05

FWDs (10)

Anthony Romani 05

Denver Barkey 05

Easton Cowan 05

Carson Rehkopf 05

Liam Greentree 06

Luca Pinelli 05

Marek Vanacker 06

Luke Misa 05

Callum Ritchie 05

Michael Misa 07

Goalies 3

Jack Ivankovic 07

Ryerson Leenders 06

Carter George 06

QMJHL

LHDs 5

Etienne Morin 05

Marcus Kearnsey 06

Spencer Gill 06

Xavier Villenueve 07

Theo Lemieux 05

RHDs 5

Jordan Tourigny 05

Alex Huang 07

Natan Grenier 05

Louis-Alex Tremblay 07

Alexis Bernier 06

FWDs 10

Mathieu Cataford 05

Alexandre Blais 05

Justin Poirier 06

Justin Larose 05

Maxim Masse 06

Cam Squires 05

Vince Elie 05

Raoul Boilard 06

Thomas Desruisseaux 06

Felix Lacerte 06

Goalies 3 (all not team 🇨🇦 quality)

Louis-Felix Charrois 05

Felix Hamel 05

Jack Milner 05

Bolded is locks imo

2 LHDs (Molendyk, Dickinson)

3 RHDs (Yakemchuk, Parekh, Bonk)

10 FWDs (Heidt, Catton, Cristall, Mckenna, Yager, Barkey, Cowan, Rehkopf, Ritchie, Cataford)

2 Goalies (Leenders, George)

Notes:

For the forwards- with the website I used it was hard to figure out their positions as it just said F so I said ‘F’ this and made a forward list for every league based on the top 10 eligible scorers. Also didn’t go USHL, NCAA etc just used the CHL as they make up the majority of the team anyways.

In the WHL, guys like Parascak, Iginla could make team but not as sure about them as some others, Gardner and Ravensberger probably battle it out for that 3rd goalie spot.

In the OHL Beckett Sennecke will probably be on the team or get an invite but not a lock imo. Porter Martone could make the team after his strong U18 performance and Liam Greentree has a good shot of making it too.

In the QMJHL I’m just not very high on them this year(especially goaltending wise) but Villenueve and Huang could make a strong case for D as 17 year olds. Poirier and Masse would be 2 other forwards who could make the team.

69 players names here to watch and I assume the camp will be 30-40 people so a lot of these guys won’t be there

The way I see it- players are battling out for 2 LHD spots, 1 RHD spot, 3/4 forward spots and 1 goalie spot.

Canada will be GREAT this year

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018

WHL

LHDs (5)

Tanner Molendyk 05

Caden Price 05

Noah Chadwick 05

Sawyer Mynio 05

Justin Kypkie 05

RHDs (5)

Carter Yakemchuk 05

Lukas Dragicevic 05

Justice Christensen 05

Mazden Leslie 05

Carter Sotheran 05

FWDs (10)

Riley Heidt 05

Berkly Catton 06

Andrew Cristall 05

Tarik Parascak 06

Gavin McKenna 07

Brayden Yager 05

Andrew Basha 05

Tij Iginla 06

Oliver Tulk 05

Tanner Howe 05

Goalies (3)

Evan Gardner 06

Jackson Unger 05

Joshua Ravensbergen 06

OHL

LHDs (5)

Sam Dickinson 06

Tristan Bertucci 05

Kashawn Aitcheson 06

Quinton Burns 05

Matthew Andonovski 05

RHDs (5)

Zayne Parekh 06

Oliver Bonk 05

Henry Mews 06

Luca Marelli 05

Andrew Gibson 05

FWDs (10)

Anthony Romani 05

Denver Barkey 05

Easton Cowan 05

Carson Rehkopf 05

Liam Greentree 06

Luca Pinelli 05

Marek Vanacker 06

Luke Misa 05

Callum Ritchie 05

Michael Misa 07

Goalies 3

Jack Ivankovic 07

Ryerson Leenders 06

Carter George 06

QMJHL

LHDs 5

Etienne Morin 05

Marcus Kearnsey 06

Spencer Gill 06

Xavier Villenueve 07

Theo Lemieux 05

RHDs 5

Jordan Tourigny 05

Alex Huang 07

Natan Grenier 05

Louis-Alex Tremblay 07

Alexis Bernier 06

FWDs 10

Mathieu Cataford 05

Alexandre Blais 05

Justin Poirier 06

Justin Larose 05

Maxim Masse 06

Cam Squires 05

Vince Elie 05

Raoul Boilard 06

Thomas Desruisseaux 06

Felix Lacerte 06

Louis-Felix Charrois 05

Felix Hamel 05

Jack Milner 05

Bolded is locks imo

10 FWDs (Heidt, Catton, Cristall, Mckenna, Yager, Barkey, Cowan, Rehkopf, Ritchie, Cataford)

Notes:

For the forwards- with the website I used it was hard to figure out their positions as it just said F so I said ‘F’ this and made a forward list for every league based on the top 10 eligible scorers. Also didn’t go USHL, NCAA etc just used the CHL as they make up the majority of the team anyways.

In the WHL, guys like Parascak, Iginla could make team but not as sure about them as some others, Gardner and Ravensberger probably battle it out for that 3rd goalie spot.

In the OHL Beckett Sennecke will probably be on the team or get an invite but not a lock imo. Porter Martone could make the team after his strong U18 performance and Liam Greentree has a good shot of making it too.

In the QMJHL I’m just not very high on them this year(especially goaltending wise) but Villenueve and Huang could make a strong case for D as 17 year olds. Poirier and Masse would be 2 other forwards who could make the team.

69 players names here to watch and I assume the camp will be 30-40 people so a lot of these guys won’t be there

The way I see it- players are battling out for 2 LHD spots, 1 RHD spot, 3/4 forward spots and 1 goalie spot.

Is the Q ever going to catch up to the W and the O? It has fallen so far behind in terms of quality.

YES!

Well done list. Thank you. :)

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Is the Q ever going to catch up to the W and the O? It has fallen so far behind in terms of quality.
From my understanding the Q usually has the better goalies but this seems to be a very odd year for them. Gabriel Daigle is another player that could make a push but he didn’t have the best stats this year and was the backup to Darveau

A lot of the Q’s players right now are still pretty young. Poirier(06)Masse(06), Villenueve (07), Desnoyers(07), Guite(07)and Huang(07). For the 2025/2026 team I expect a lot, if not all of these guys on that team
Well done list. Thank you. :)
No problem lol I got bored. Someone will have a better list but figured I’d give some people some names to watch.

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
From my understanding the Q usually has the better goalies but this seems to be a very odd year for them. Gabriel Daigle is another player that could make a push but he didn’t have the best stats this year and was the backup to Darveau

A lot of the Q’s players right now are still pretty young. Poirier(18)Masse(18), (17)Villeneuve, (17)Desnoyers, (17)Guite and (17)Huang. For the 2025/2026 team I expect a lot of not all of these guys on that team

No problem lol I got bored. Someone will have a better list but figured I’d give some people some names to watch.
I'm talking year after year. The Q has always been the ugly sister but it seems to be getting weaker over time - compared to the O and the W.

Do you see that trend reversing?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010

WHL

LHDs (5)

Tanner Molendyk 05

Caden Price 05

Noah Chadwick 05

Sawyer Mynio 05

Justin Kypkie 05

RHDs (5)

Carter Yakemchuk 05

Lukas Dragicevic 05

Justice Christensen 05

Mazden Leslie 05

Carter Sotheran 05

FWDs (10)

Riley Heidt 05

Berkly Catton 06

Andrew Cristall 05

Tarik Parascak 06

Gavin McKenna 07

Brayden Yager 05

Andrew Basha 05

Tij Iginla 06

Oliver Tulk 05

Tanner Howe 05

Goalies (3)

Evan Gardner 06

Jackson Unger 05

Joshua Ravensbergen 06

OHL

LHDs (5)

Sam Dickinson 06

Tristan Bertucci 05

Kashawn Aitcheson 06

Quinton Burns 05

Matthew Andonovski 05

RHDs (5)

Zayne Parekh 06

Oliver Bonk 05

Henry Mews 06

Luca Marelli 05

Andrew Gibson 05

FWDs (10)

Anthony Romani 05

Denver Barkey 05

Easton Cowan 05

Carson Rehkopf 05

Liam Greentree 06

Luca Pinelli 05

Marek Vanacker 06

Luke Misa 05

Callum Ritchie 05

Michael Misa 07

Goalies 3

Jack Ivankovic 07

Ryerson Leenders 06

Carter George 06

QMJHL

LHDs 5

Etienne Morin 05

Marcus Kearnsey 06

Spencer Gill 06

Xavier Villenueve 07

Theo Lemieux 05

RHDs 5

Jordan Tourigny 05

Alex Huang 07

Natan Grenier 05

Louis-Alex Tremblay 07

Alexis Bernier 06

FWDs 10

Mathieu Cataford 05

Alexandre Blais 05

Justin Poirier 06

Justin Larose 05

Maxim Masse 06

Cam Squires 05

Vince Elie 05

Raoul Boilard 06

Thomas Desruisseaux 06

Felix Lacerte 06

Louis-Felix Charrois 05

Felix Hamel 05

Jack Milner 05

Bolded is locks imo

Notes:

I'd have to think that Luchanko and Barlow get a look from the OHL, Gauthier from the QMJHL as well over almost all of those listed Q forwards. Probably a bit generous with the locks, as Wood should be considered a lock in the NCAA as well. Overall it's a pretty strong NCAA contingent for Canada, six eligible NCAA forwards who were picked in the first round (we can assume Celebrini wont be there, Nadeau is done with NCAA but that's where he came from) which has to be a record for Canada. Looking at it, Canada and USA actually have an equal number of eligible first round forwards who took the NCAA route.

Last edited:
Reactions: frontsfan67

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
I'm talking year after year. The Q has always been the ugly sister but it seems to be getting weaker over time - compared to the O and the W.

Do you see that trend reversing?
The Maritimes are developing good talent for the population of the area. Need Quebec to figure itself out, The Q is already pulling from the smallest population of the 3 leagues and hockey in Quebec falling off in the last number of years isn't going to help anything. That said I don't think the Q has always been the "ugly sister" the league champion is regularly competitive and/or wins the memorial cup and as the WHL has had a number of very strong drafts in a row...the Q has had a number of really weak drafts. It will inevitably swing back the other way at some point again.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I'd have to think that Luchanko and Barlow get a look from the OHL, Gauthier from the QMJHL as well over almost all of those listed Q forwards.
Forgot about those guys for whatever reason. Yes gauthier had a great m cup and season. Assuming his offensive production increases I agree he prob has the second best shot at it outside of Cataford from the Q
Probably a bit generous with the locks, as Wood should be considered a lock in the NCAA as well.
That’s 11 forwards then. Plus like you said maybe gauthier, Barlow and luchanko. that would be 14 right there.
Overall it's a pretty strong NCAA contingent for Canada, six eligible NCAA forwards who were picked in the first round (we can assume Celebrini wont be there, Nadeau is done with NCAA but that's where he came from)
Forgot about Nadeau- thought he was an 04. Not super familiar with other NCAA guys but I’m sure nadeau will be at the camp.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Forgot about those guys for whatever reason. Yes gauthier had a great m cup and season. Assuming his offensive production increases I agree he prob has the second best shot at it outside of Cataford from the Q

That’s 11 forwards then. Plus like you said maybe gauthier, Barlow and luchanko. that would be 14 right there.

Forgot about Nadeau- thought he was an 04. Not super familiar with other NCAA guys but I’m sure nadeau will be at the camp.
Gauthier's coach is an assistant, I figure he'll at least be at the camp. He's also a very good player. Someone from the QMJHL is going to make this team.

Reactions: frontsfan67

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Guys like Gauthier and Cataford will make it on merit if they get there.
And I am all for that but what I am saying is that even if there wasn't a single guy from the Q that was good enough to be there on merit.....................they would still have at least 1 player fro the Q on the team.

They can't not have one, it would cause too big a stink in the great french/english experiment that is Canada hammered out by the founding fathers.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Gauthier's coach is an assistant, I figure he'll at least be at the camp. He's also a very good player. Someone from the QMJHL is going to make this team.
I don’t think he’s a lock but I could see him making some of the cuts. Depends all on roles honestly. If he’s a 3rd/4th line type of guy- 2 way etc he would have a decent chance but he’s not getting picked over guys like Rehkopf, Mckenna, Catton etc for a scoring role.

Only one from Q I think is a lock is Cataford. That’s not to say others won’t make it- the top talent of the Q just simply doesn’t compare to the O and the W this year.

I expect Matvei Gridin to be one of the best players in the league this year in the Q but he is Russian.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad