Prospect Info: 2025 NHL Entry Draft

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
This draft class seems to be below average, reminiscent of 2022 when there wasn’t a clear top pick.

According to Bob's list, #1 C Hagens is on the smaller side, and the next two picks, #2 LD Schaefer and #3 C Frondell, will both miss the start of their seasons, which could have an impact. Expect some "reaches" early on, similar to our pick with Sennecke or Slafkovski in ’22.

#4 RW Martone looks promising; he’s essentially what we hope Sennecke will become.

#6 C McQueen, standing at 6'5", is likely to go very early if he continues his impressive pace of 4 goals and 6 points in just 2 games.

There are several solid RD options, much like last year, but the high-end depth in the 2024 draft isn’t quite there. I’ll be keeping an eye on these players to address that RD hole:
  • #9 RD Hensler
  • #12 RD Mrtka
  • #15 RD Trethewey
Given the lack of depth at this stage, trading our second round pick doesn’t seem that bad.

One player I’m really hoping does well is #18 RW Jakob Ihs-Wozniak, a 6'3" talent born in Australia. It would be great to see more Aussies in the NHL!

Last edited:
Reactions: lwvs84 and Kalv

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

The Hagens-Kopitar comparison just seems odd when they have such a huge difference in size. A smaller Kopitar would seemingly be more comparable to a Toews or Bergeron

Reactions: cheesymc

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
This team is gonna win the lottery, get Hagens, and have an offense that absolutely f***s

Zegras-Hagens-Sennecke
Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Whocareslol-McTavish-Terry

Also I’ve had like 8 modelos

Reactions: Yemeth and Kalv

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
This team is gonna win the lottery, get Hagens, and have an offense that absolutely f***s

Zegras-Hagens-Sennecke
Gauthier-Carlsson-Killorn
Whocareslol-McTavish-Terry

Also I’ve had like 8 modelos
lol if we are in the bottom 3 and win the lottery I think many of us will be joining you in downing 8 modelos

• Love
Reactions: MMC

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Obviously it would be nice if there was a perfect RHD fit for the team, but it isn't like we dont have room at every position. I will be worried about not having room at Center when Leo and McT are both PPG 2-way studs. Same with Zellweger and Minty at LD, and so on and so forth.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Martone is going to end up going like second overall or something. I don't want us to be bad, but winning at least a second place lottery after narrowly missing the playoffs wouldn't be so bad. I'd love that player.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Martone is going to end up going like second overall or something. I don't want us to be bad, but winning at least a second place lottery after narrowly missing the playoffs wouldn't be so bad. I'd love that player.

That's some crazy projection after three games!

Porter Martone (3 games in OHL).png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad