Prospect Info: 2025 NHL Entry Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yeah I think there's just too much raw potential there to picture him as a 2nd rounder right now. We'll see how the season goes, but huge RHD with that kind of upside don't usually escape the top 15

He's gonna need to put on more mass b/c that physical game just isn't there. Good skating, good first pass, little puck skills. Plus side is he's a Jun baby and probably more runway.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

GermanRocket7

Make Bettman irrelevant again
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Since we seem to always be stockpiling goalie talent to have as many darts as possible, may I divert your attention to overager Leon Hümer of my hometown team Düsseldorfer EG:

Guy is really small and slim for a goalie, but his reflexes and positioning are pretty good. He had to become the no. 1 net minder for the team during pre-season because Hendrik Haukeland (Norway's starting goalie) and Nikita Quapp ('Canes draftee) are injured and he (amongst other matches) got wins against the Swiss champions ZSC Lions (including saving all five shootout attempts) and a shutout against a local rival as well as a 1GA finals game at a tournament in Dresden against HC Litvinov of the Czech Extraliga.

He is still eligible to be drafted this year and could get an invitation from any NHL franchise as soon as 2025. While I don't think he will ever see NHL ice, he sure has AHL starter upside and should, at worst, become a reliable backup at that AHL level.

As a bonus: he was my student a few years ago, so I can tell you he is professional in his lifestyle and a good locker room guy.

Edit: he already got some time in DEL2 and third-tier Oberliga last season, where he was lit up in one game but had multiple .950 SV% or above games.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
If we get another top 5 pick, what’s everyone’s ideal player type to draft? Big, elite skating rhd with offensive upside? Elite scoring winger? Power forward?

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
If we get another top 5 pick, what’s everyone’s ideal player type to draft? Big, elite skating rhd with offensive upside? Elite scoring winger? Power forward?

At the moment, RD would be the area of need the most. Things could change during the year with prospects stepping up and/or signing prospects, but we do lack depth at RD in our organization.

Anaheim might have two scoring PF's in LW Cutter and RW Colangelo. Zegras could still become an elite scoring winger. Of course, there's Sennecke as well.

RD's in the 2025 draft
Logan Hensler: 6'2 and 196 lbs, NCAA bound (Oct birth)
Charlie Trethewey: 6'1 and 190 lbs, bound for US NTDP for 2025-26 and NCAA in 2026-27 (Aug birth)
Radim Mrtka: 6'6 and 198 lbs, bound for Czech Extraliga (June birth)
Blake Fiddler: 6'4 and 207 lbs, WHL (Jul birth)

Verbeek hasn't drafted an NCAA guy above the fifth round in the past three drafts. He's drafted only two NCAA bound guys in the past three drafts.

Here's Wheeler's pre-season 2025 draft top-32:

Reactions: lwvs84

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019

Logan Hensler 6'2 RD​

Hensler, who because of his October birthday has already played his two years at the program, consistently impressed me in early viewings last year, then left me wanting more pretty often in the second half, and then I thought acquitted himself well at the World Junior Summer Showcase a couple of weeks ago. He's clearly a talented player and top prospect. He’s a strong, smooth, balanced skater. He keeps his head and eyes up. He’s skilled with the puck. He’s got a decent stick and defensive instincts. He reads the play well on both sides when he’s dialed in. But there are times when I’d like him to be more dialed in, and others when it seems like he doesn’t know his identity as a player. I really just want to see him take over/take charge more — and certainly wanted to see him do it more than I thought he could on a blue line that had some ups and downs and could have used him really become their horse, even as a 2025, last season. His game is missing that grab-it mentality. He has moments when he jumps up in transition and makes something happen. I want to see more of that, and an equal assertiveness defensively. He's capable of it. He’s a great athlete. He’s really fluid in and out of his edges. He’s got pro size. He’s got balanced posture on his heels and toes, and he’s capable of using it to play strong stick-on-puck gaps and carry and lead in transition. He’s got poise and comfort in all three zones. He has good instincts on the ice. He’s got skill and offense. He's a righty. It’s in there. I want to see him showcase it more.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Logan Hensler 6'2 RD​

Hensler, who because of his October birthday has already played his two years at the program, consistently impressed me in early viewings last year, then left me wanting more pretty often in the second half, and then I thought acquitted himself well at the World Junior Summer Showcase a couple of weeks ago. He's clearly a talented player and top prospect. He’s a strong, smooth, balanced skater. He keeps his head and eyes up. He’s skilled with the puck. He’s got a decent stick and defensive instincts. He reads the play well on both sides when he’s dialed in. But there are times when I’d like him to be more dialed in, and others when it seems like he doesn’t know his identity as a player. I really just want to see him take over/take charge more — and certainly wanted to see him do it more than I thought he could on a blue line that had some ups and downs and could have used him really become their horse, even as a 2025, last season. His game is missing that grab-it mentality. He has moments when he jumps up in transition and makes something happen. I want to see more of that, and an equal assertiveness defensively. He's capable of it. He’s a great athlete. He’s really fluid in and out of his edges. He’s got pro size. He’s got balanced posture on his heels and toes, and he’s capable of using it to play strong stick-on-puck gaps and carry and lead in transition. He’s got poise and comfort in all three zones. He has good instincts on the ice. He’s got skill and offense. He's a righty. It’s in there. I want to see him showcase it more.

How does he compare to 6'1 RD Charlie Trethewey ?
2 RDs in the top 10 it looks like but things could change.

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
How does he compare to 6'1 RD Charlie Trethewey ?
2 RDs in the top 10 it looks like but things could change.
I havent done a lot of research on these guys yet but Trethewey is 10 months younger than Hensler. Its going to be really interesting to see who is the better out of these two by the end of the season. Trethewey will be in the USNTDP while Hensler will be in NCAA. A big year for Hensler will shoot him up into the top 5 like Levshunov.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad