Prospect Info: 2025 NHL Entry Draft

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I boldly will say I'm confident the Ducks will improve this year and not be picking top3 unless lottey luck happens. There is 3 RDs in the first round it would seem so far but only 2 of them are over 6 feet tall. Hensler is 6'2 and Trethewey is 6'1 and both are ranked top10 on Tankathon. A lot can happen from now and next year but I hope one of them is in the #8 to #13 range for the Ducks to pick.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
There is a pretty good chance that none of us have ever heard of the guy the Ducks take 1st next year.

Reactions: Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I know we prob shouldnt directly aim at a certain position... but man i hope we take shots at a few RHD... its pretty obviously our weakest spot in the system.
True, at least there is quite a few decent sized RDs expected to go first round despite it not being a Dheavy draft. If they trade Vatrano at the deadline they definitely will have a late 1st to get at least one of them.

I think next off-season they'll be more likely to sign some good UFAs to replace Vatrano as the team improves and the younger players like Carlason, Mintyukov, Dostal and McTavish take big steps forward. I actually wonder if Dostal could end up taking the starter role away from Gibsin during the season at some point. Gibson could decline in his early 30s like Jiggy.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017

Love seeing these lesser hockey nations producing talent, it's great for the game. This kid has an obvious knack for reading time and space, looks like a player.
Its also good for Norway as a whole, they haven't been great at any of the 5 major sports of the world.
Never understood why since they border Sweden they just haven't been able to have a good hockey team.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Brock Otten's pre season ranking of 2025 eligible prospects from the OHL. In response to a twitter question, he noted that he would have ranked Martone easily first in his recent ranking of the top NHL drafted OHLers. But of course he's still eligible this year due to his late bday. At 6'3 with his level of talent, it's hard to picture him escaping the top 5-10 unless his season really goes poorly.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Brock Otten's pre season ranking of 2025 eligible prospects from the OHL. In response to a twitter question, he noted that he would have ranked Martone easily first in his recent ranking of the top NHL drafted OHLers. But of course he's still eligible this year due to his late bday. At 6'3 with his level of talent, it's hard to picture him escaping the top 5-10 unless his season really goes poorly.
Barring injury I think he'll be in the conversation for #1.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Its also good for Norway as a whole, they haven't been great at any of the 5 major sports of the world.
Never understood why since they border Sweden they just haven't been able to have a good hockey team.
more mountainous than sweden/finland and less lakes. that's why they're always winning a ton of medals in the winter olympics

because of that, hockey never really took off there and there are barely any ice rinks there from what i've heard

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 8