2025 NHL Entry Draft

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Second liner hands though I see

So did Dustin Brown.. these are the elite complementary players you need sometimes.

Once you get into a certain part of every draft and the 1st liners are off the board, that's kind of what you are left with.

If Hagens, Martone, McQueen, Frondell, Misa, and Ryabkin are off the board.. who is a clear cut 1st line talent?

Reactions: Hannibal

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Spence becomes a real interesting pick around #7-8-9, it all depends on where we end up . If we're top 5 again, then there are better options. I see major long time pro potential in him, I have since his rookie season in Erie.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Spence becomes a real interesting pick around #7-8-9, it all depends on where we end up . If we're top 5 again, then there are better options. I see major long time pro potential in him, I have since his rookie season in Erie.
I have MBN vibe with Spence. I'm not sure he has the talent to be in the top 10.

But wouldn't be against drafting him at all. It's just that with Laine and Dach being big ??? right now and for the near future, i would go for pure talent at forward first. Then i think we agree we also have ??? on the right side of D with Reinbacher's inuries record and Mailloux's ability to become a solid top 4 D.

Ideally, Calgary finishes in the early teens (11,12,13) and Habs finishes top 6-7.

So i would go pure talent with our pick, Spence with Calgary's pick and go for a big rangy RHD at the start of 2nd round.

Reactions: Pompeius Magnus

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
If Habs continue to lose like that, I would be very happy to add another great prospect in that pool. At this moment, I don't care if it's a forward or D-man.

I'm very high on Porter Martone and we are going to be very in good hands for many years to come if we ends up to draft him.

I really like the top 10 aswell, so adding a another top 10 pick, will be very welcoming.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
Besides our own 2nd round pick, we have the Penguins 2nd round pick as well. I think that pick could be between 40-45 as I don't see them being very good this season....but i guess we shall see.

Regardless, this is a good pick to potentially move up a few spots from Calgary's pick if it's in the mid teens.

San Jose did this in the last draft when they traded picks 14 and 42 to Buffalo for pick 11 and selected Sam Dickinson.

Reactions: DiglettDangles

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Liam Greentree 23pts in 9gp wth

1000008951.jpg

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Yeah, he's the guy i like if we can't get one of the other guys I listed who have clearly higher offensive ceilings.

But Spence is a big moment guy. He's authored insane moments for Team Canada already. Gamer.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Yeah, he's the guy i like if we can't get one of the other guys I listed who have clearly higher offensive ceilings.

But Spence is a big moment guy. He's authored insane moments for Team Canada already. Gamer.
Is he similar to Guenther, for example?

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
This years draft will be huge for the Habs.

They might end up with 10 top 100 picks once the trade deadline is done. Hopefully this is the draft that pushes us into contender mode in 3-4 years.

Very exciting!

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad