2025 NHL Draft Thread

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Davidson needs to do what he tried to do this year and trade up for TWO high end prospects in the draft. Hopefully both forwards. If we could grab a Martone/Frondell/Mcqueen/Ryabkin + a guy in the 6-14 range, id be satisfied

Reactions: Muffinalt

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Oh...pull a Ditka...just give the entire draft pick forc 025 we have for Martone...go home happ...thatvis unless we get lucky in the lotto and move up..Will be dofgicukt from the 8-1 2position we now expected from a more capable and competitive roster .

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Davidson needs to do what he tried to do this year and trade up for TWO high end prospects in the draft. Hopefully both forwards. If we could grab a Martone/Frondell/Mcqueen/Ryabkin + a guy in the 6-14 range, id be satisfied
Davidson loves to use draft capital on D.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
I’m comfortable with the team deciding that they want to gamble on being better in 26 or being better in 27 and move that first round pick a year early unprotected.

I’m not sure 25 was the year for that.
Should be top 5 protected. Most teams do lottery protected.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I’m comfortable with the team deciding that they want to gamble on being better in 26 or being better in 27 and move that first round pick a year early unprotected.

I’m not sure 25 was the year for that.
I think they were conning CBJ. If they had accepted the Hawks would have thrown stupid money at Stamkos, Guenzel, and others to claw our way out of the Bottom 10

TheFridge

Mar 20, 2022
I think they were conning CBJ. If they had accepted the Hawks would have thrown stupid money at Stamkos, Guenzel, and others to claw our way out of the Bottom 10

I think their plan was what it ended up being. They knew they were going to be aggressive in free agency. They likely had Demidov in a similar tier as any prospect in 2025 outside of Hagens. They were willing to gamble that they'd improve enough to not get a top-3 pick next year and even if their gamble failed, they'd have gotten a prospect they felt was comparable the year prior.

BRayne

May 5, 2011
If we get Martone or McQueen early do we shoot for someone like Cullen Potter with Toronto's pick if available

Last edited:

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
BPA is farce. Everyone preaches it then fumbles over themselves to explain away the pick that was actually made.
All I'm saying is that whether they're big or small isn't really relevant to the conversation

Chicago's scouts are willing to draft anyone as long as they like them

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
BPA in the eyes of Kyle and Scouting... not lists and internet rankings. If they think BPA is a small skill Winger take him. That's how it should work.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
BPA in the eyes of Kyle and Scouting... not lists and internet rankings. If they think BPA is a small skill Winger take him. That's how it should work.

So BPA is the guy the hawks pick no matter what? Can’t refute it or anything? Guess you roll with your eyes closed and your mouth wide open baby bird.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
So BPA is the guy the hawks pick no matter what? Can’t refute it or anything? Guess you roll with your eyes closed and your mouth wide open baby bird.
ummmm
no.

How do you know who BPA is? Scouting and experience or internet lists and rankings?

The Hawks take who they think is BPA. I want them to take who they think who is the BPA without thinking about position or height. If they have a small Winger as best, they have to take him. If the like a goalie they have to take him. It's not about needs or prospect depth. It's about who they think is the best player available and still left. If lists have him at #30 and Hawks think he is the best available at #18 they take him.

If he was truly the best is another topic. In the eyes of the Hawks a guy like Boisvert was the best available - even if it turns out he wasn't.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
The night the Hawks won the #2 pick in the lottery, Kyle mentioned they 'probably' would go with their BPA. I found it interesting how he left the door open right off the bat to possibly not take the BPA.

My suspicions, and it's just a hunch and nothing more, is the Hawks did not take their BPA at #2 and went with need when selecting Levshunov.

And if they did, and I say this as a fan that was hoping they picked Demidov - I don't blame them. You need a #1 dman if you want to compete for Stanley Cups. High end forwards are easier to acquire via trade or free agency than top pair d-men are.

dj Mahoney

Apr 11, 2021
If you project the prospect's that are already in the mix down the road it's almost certain the pick will be a high end forward and hopefully a power forward type on the wing . then it's time for some longer term prospects that are either going the college route or in Europe.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
The best you can do is oickBPA according to the NobMcKenzie poll ranking..this is the "consensus" opinion of 10 payouts paid by NHL teans not the "anateur" hockey analyst s and opinionated of the various ranking organizations or single opinion journalists.

Jowver eben that ranking is never unanimous.Such as 6/10 of tgecscoutscpolled put Levshunov as a top 3 pick and highest ranked fmanin the draft.
Hawks opted for him over #2 ranked Demidov..Anaheim went off rank to take Sennecke 3rd and Columbus also bypassed on Demidov..Hence 3 teams from2through 4 did not take the "co sensis" BPA ir everybody has a different BOA apart from Celebrini who was unanimous #1forcall .

This itvisctrue BOA apart from any unanimous #2lije Bedard or Celebrini,is a FARCE indeed!
So stop using it..just make a case for y"our guy"...your target.

So realky there is no BPA..it is all opinion ..some BPA's actualky bust.

Stop using thecridiculouscBPA..itbis all opinion.
Only Time answers who realky was the BOA..but you cannot answer the BOA question at the draft ....itvtakes a fewcyearsctill you can find out by how they impact inthe Show..if they even make the Show.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
The best you can do is oickBPA according to the NobMcKenzie poll ranking..this is the "consensus" opinion of 10 payouts paid by NHL teans not the "anateur" hockey analyst s and opinionated of the various ranking organizations or single opinion journalists.

Jowver eben that ranking is never unanimous.Such as 6/10 of tgecscoutscpolled put Levshunov as a top 3 pick and highest ranked fmanin the draft.
Hawks opted for him over #2 ranked Demidov..Anaheim went off rank to take Sennecke 3rd and Columbus also bypassed on Demidov..Hence 3 teams from2through 4 did not take the "co sensis" BPA ir everybody has a different BOA apart from Celebrini who was unanimous #1forcall .

This itvisctrue BOA apart from any unanimous #2lije Bedard or Celebrini,is a FARCE indeed!
So stop using it..just make a case for y"our guy"...your target.

So realky there is no BPA..it is all opinion ..some BPA's actualky bust.

Stop using thecridiculouscBPA..itbis all opinion.
Only Time answers who realky was the BOA..but you cannot answer the BOA question at the draft ....itvtakes a fewcyearsctill you can find out by how they impact inthe Show..if they even make the Show.
There is BPA. However, people think that their BPA is always the correct one (and posters get butthurt and lose their shit over it). What is important to teams is what their BPA is and that should be how they draft.

It is amazing that people think they have better evaluations on players than entire scouting departments who sole job is to watch all these players and determine which ones have the best chance of making it to the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad