2025 NHL Draft Thread

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I mean... why not right? Pronman already posted his very, very early list.

Next years draft will definitely be more forward friendly than this years. Would love to see the Hawks grab one of those top power forwards in the draft (or you know, just win the lottery and pick Hagens).

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I have a lot of FOMO for the center depth of our contemporary tank rivals (though we have much better defensive depth prospects)

CBJ
Fantilli
Lindstrom

SJ
Celebrini
Smith

Hoping the 2025 draft is where we solidify our future 2C position

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
It has seemed like an average draft for a while, but definitely heavy on the PFers with Martone and McQueen at the top. Hagens I think will be a decent 1.01. He is pretty old for his class though, so he really needs to bring it

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Based on Donaghey‘s comments, it sounds like a goalie will be on their wishlist

I believe the only forwards under 6 foot in that top 15 are Hagens and Reschny. They should be able to get someone of size if they so choose

Reactions: Muffinalt

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I have a lot of FOMO for the center depth of our contemporary tank rivals (though we have much better defensive depth prospects)

CBJ
Fantilli
Lindstrom

SJ
Celebrini
Smith

Hoping the 2025 draft is where we solidify our future 2C position

Bedard
Nazar

Doesn't sound any much worse.

EddieTheEagle

Sep 17, 2006
I am excited to browse this thread for prospects that I’ll undeservedly freak out about us drafting/not-drafting in the 2025 draft.

“KD is a saboteur and should be shot into the atmosphere! I can’t believe they didn’t choose [Insert player here]!! The entire rebuild is ruined. What a beta simp!”

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
This is the year that we finish 4th and someone comes out of the clouds to get 1. And we end up at like 6 and get McQueen.

San Jose in an interesting spot. They will be 1 with centers up top the draft. They have Smith and Celebrini already…

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
This is the year that we finish 4th and someone comes out of the clouds to get 1. And we end up at like 6 and get McQueen.

San Jose in an interesting spot. They will be 1 with centers up top the draft. They have Smith and Celebrini already…
No complaints if I get to post Steve McQueen gifs every time he scores

Reactions: Drumman44

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

I think down the road they'll put Smith at wing.

Reactions: TheFridge

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Really solid class. I truly believe it will be a deep 1st round (too far out to make any definitive statements). It's still a long ways away, but Schaefer, Sascha B, Jake O'brien, Martone, Bill Zonnon and Lynden Lakovic are some of the guys I like from a long ways out;

Lynden Lakovic is 6'4" and a better skater than Spellacy for context

Last edited:

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Doneghey did mention 2025 had a good goalie crop...(implying much better than2024) ...so thiscecpkainscwhy we did not take a goalie this draft...waiting till next crop in2025..

Do we actually have any worthy first roubd goalie candidates for using the Toronto forstcrpundercwe own to take a goalie with?
Or will he wait to use onevofvtge ourc2ndcroubders forvthay?

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
Doneghey did mention 2025 had a good goalie crop...(implying much better than2024) ...so thiscecpkainscwhy we did not take a goalie this draft...waiting till next crop in2025..

Do we actually have any worthy first roubd goalie candidates for using the Toronto forstcrpundercwe own to take a goalie with?
Or will he wait to use onevofvtge ourc2ndcroubders forvthay?
Pronman has one in his early top 32:

19. Joshua Ravensbergen, G, Prince George-WHL

The starting goalie for a top WHL team, Ravensbergen was quite good in his first WHL season. He ticks off a lot of boxes in a top NHL prospect. He’s 6-4, he’s very athletic, he anticipates the play well and he’s quite aggressive in challenging shooters. He can make a lot of tough saves in a way that looks like he’s an NHL goaltender.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
I'm hoping they'll be able in the hunt for a bigger forward like Martone, McQueen, or Ihs-Wozniak. I wouldn't complain if they doubled up on the size and eyed either Gastrin, Lakovic, Moore, Spence, or Zonnon with the Toronto pick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad