2025 HHOF predictions

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Getzlaf-Zetterberg..... it will be a good vintage. Chara-Keith-Thornton being really solid HHOF, and some good candidates for the rest if they name any.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
As a fan of Price, I don't know if he'll get in considering this is a STRONG year.
Ryan Getzlaf is also First Ballot that year, so Price probably will have to wait.

Yeah my only hesitation was how the HOF treats goalies.

I think the MVP and career Hab is probably enough to push him in this year.

They might push Getzlaf to 26 and put him in with Bergeron (I think I have his eligible year right)

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I don't know how to ask this appropriately, so I hope my meaning can be picked up...are we sure that the committee knows how good Zetterberg was? Looking in the 2024 HOF thread, there's a degree of "aw shucks, it's a shame Datsyuk and Zetterberg didn't go in together" and then here it's almost a borderline assumption that he'll be in...

And I hope that to be the case...but while they were playing, Datsyuk absorbed a bit more of the fame than I think he deserved versus Zetterberg...I don't know, I don't want to assume they love Zetterberg...

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I don't know how to ask this appropriately, so I hope my meaning can be picked up...are we sure that the committee knows how good Zetterberg was? Looking in the 2024 HOF thread, there's a degree of "aw shucks, it's a shame Datsyuk and Zetterberg didn't go in together" and then here it's almost a borderline assumption that he'll be in...

And I hope that to be the case...but while they were playing, Datsyuk absorbed a bit more of the fame than I think he deserved versus Zetterberg...I don't know, I don't want to assume they love Zetterberg...

Zetterberg is a tough one going by the bullet points. On the face he's a 2 way Smythe winner who had less than 400 goals and 1000 points.

He's going to struggle with the committee because I'm guessing they view him as very good all around but never great or among the best at anything.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

The writers gave the '08 Selke to the wrong Wing and things just snowballed from there...

Reactions: Michael Farkas

frisco

Some people claim that there's a woman to blame...
Sep 14, 2017
Northern Hemisphere
A female player (maybe two) that played for the U.S. or Canada that has a fistful of World Championship Gold/Silver and Olympic Gold/Silver medals. Pick at random.

My Best-Carey

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
He hasn't been eligible for that long and the committee has no issues inducting guys they've passed on before. I'm still certain he'll get in before long.

Staniowski

Jan 13, 2018
The Maritimes
Hard to say about Zetterberg; he should be inducted eventually, but it wouldn't be surprising if he waited for a while, maybe even a long while.

His career offensive stats aren't outstanding; nor are his individual-season offensive stats. And his Selke voting record isn't eye-popping either.

Everybody who watched him likes him a lot, though, therefore he might get in soon.

Staniowski

Jan 13, 2018
The Maritimes
There's 5 1st-year eligibles who are pretty easy hall-of-famers next year (which is unusual)....so, we could expect four of them to be inducted right away, but maybe only three. Difficult to say for certain.

If I had a vote, Price would be my #1. I think he was the best player of the group, but that's probably a minority opinion.

ES

Feb 14, 2004
Finland
2009 class was the previous one which was full of first-year eligibles (Hull, Leetch, Robitaille, Yzerman) and I expect 2025 to be similar.

Mohar Ikram

Dec 27, 2021
Muadzam Shah, Pahang, Malaysia
My personal pick:

Thornton
Marleau
Zetterberg
Keith

- They don't do Datsyuk/Zetterberg together.... Fine hall... Fine. You do you. BUT if they don't end the 1 and 2 of 1997 together on a high note, I hate you guys until death. Come on.
- Z has to get in now. It's crazy he has to wait this long (hope he will not be the next Alfie).
- Keith is an ubermen first ballot HOF. Absolutely giant of a man. That 2015 was a clinic baby!

Looks, it might be hurt to push Chara and Price out of first ballot but Chara takes a longer time to develop and Price... The Canadiens goalie with most lost, and his end of career day is not that healthy (besides that last hurrah in 2021). I consider to push them to 2026.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
My personal pick:

Thornton
Marleau
Zetterberg
Keith

- They don't do Datsyuk/Zetterberg together.... Fine hall... Fine. You do you. BUT if they don't end the 1 and 2 of 1997 together on a high note, I hate you guys until death. Come on.
- Z has to get in now. It's crazy he has to wait this long (hope he will not be the next Alfie).
- Keith is an ubermen first ballot HOF. Absolutely giant of a man. That 2015 was a clinic baby!

Looks, it might be hurt to push Chara and Price out of first ballot but Chara takes a longer time to develop and Price... The Canadiens goalie with most lost, and his end of career day is not that healthy (besides that last hurrah in 2021). I consider to push them to 2026.
Marleau would be the worst player in a long time to get in.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Zetterberg is a tough one going by the bullet points. On the face he's a 2 way Smythe winner who had less than 400 goals and 1000 points.

He's going to struggle with the committee because I'm guessing they view him as very good all around but never great or among the best at anything.
If Cam Neely, Bure, Gartner, Carbs, Gillies.....countless others are in Zetterberg will get in, it just might take a while.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
My personal pick:

Thornton
Marleau
Zetterberg
Keith

I noticed that you didn't explain the case for Marleau , which is understandable since there isn't one, especially over some of the other guys mentioned like Chara.

Mohar Ikram

Dec 27, 2021
Muadzam Shah, Pahang, Malaysia
I noticed that you didn't explain the case for Marleau , which is understandable since there isn't one, especially over some of the other guys mentioned like Chara.

I'm tired to explain it. Because I have a big arguement back then. Marleau was big in international tournament and all you guys said are "Canada are stacked" bs and thinks Sharks only compete when Thornton came (when you guys forgot that they were in WCF in 02 and 04 where Marleau is apart of core guys).

Whilst Chara was literally a bust until later few years in Senators. He is HOF but waiting one year is no biggie for him (same as Marleau).

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I'm tired to explain it. Because I have a big arguement back then. Marleau was big in international tournament and all you guys said are "Canada are stacked" bs and thinks Sharks only compete when Thornton came (when you guys forgot that they were in WCF in 02 and 04 where Marleau is apart of core guys).

Whilst Chara was literally a bust until later few years in Senators. He is HOF but waiting one year is no biggie for him (same as Marleau).

He really wasnt big in international tournaments, he was there and didnt do anything of note. In 4 WC and 2 Olympics he has 7-18-25 in 45 games. Also the Sharks didnt make the WCF in 02, but yes Marleau was a key piece.

Marleau on the pre Thornton Sharks is Shane Doan on the Yotes. A nice player who is just good enough to pull a mediocre roster to the playoffs but not someone who was ever playing at a HOF level. The more I think about it the more I'm liking Doan as a career comp for Marleau

Gorskyontario

Feb 18, 2024
Zetterberg was better than Alfredsson, the Sedins and Sundin. In my opinion among Swedish forwards. Sadly for him he didn't play for a Canadian market. I'm not saying those 4 guys don't deserve to be in, but if they're in I don't see how Zetterberg can be left out.

Gorskyontario

Feb 18, 2024
Is this the first time than someone has given a "market advantage" to Ottawa over Detroit...?

For Canadian media and being the face of a Canadian franchise it is an advantage. Not for winning or signing players. I'm legitimately surprised you're confused by this.

Detroit and Buffalo exist in a weird place where they're privileged Canadian fanbases when it suits the argument, but are small American disadvantaged markets when the discussion goes there.

Do you really think Alfredsson being the face of a Canadian franchise(even if it's the smallest or 2nd smallest) didn't give him an advantage with getting into the HHOF so easily?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad