2025 FISU Hockey - Torino, Italy

Campy

Jan 27, 2019
Do they take players from across the country or just a particular conference?

The coaching release states this:

Howell and the staff will be evaluating players across the country, with a roster announcement scheduled for later this fall. The Games run January 13-23, 2025 in Torino, Italy.

Reactions: Rob

FreddyFoyle

Mar 12, 2008
Fredericton, NB
It will probaably the standard "selects" team - each coach usually selects at least one player from his own team, and then they select veteran players from across USports who don't have an exam or course conflicts. I believe there is a cap on the number of players from one school (3 or 4?).

Reactions: AUS Fan

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
It will probaably the standard "selects" team - each coach usually selects at least one player from his own team, and then they select veteran players from across USports who don't have an exam or course conflicts. I believe there is a cap on the number of players from one school (3 or 4?).

From a selfish standpoint I hope it is only 2.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
Do they take players from across the country or just a particular conference?
I can't see anyone from UPEI cracking the lineup. In 2023 the AUS had 8 guys on the roster. Expect Howell and Gibby to put at least 2 of their guys on. If UofA is a no-show like last time, expect 6-8 CW players.

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink
I have a totally different viewpoint on this. It's great when guys get to play for a National team. It gets them exposure, they get to play with other great players.

In 2007, we took 4 players from UNB, STU and UdeM, 3 from SMU, 2 from ACA and SFX, 1 from DAL and UPEI. 3 AUS head coaches left their teams. Everyone back home survived. The guys that went loved it.

dm8895

V-Reds , McJesus Stan , Beer Leaguer
Apr 3, 2015
Freddy Beach
UNB hasn’t lost a game in a year and a half lol, from an entertainment standpoint it would probably make the UNB games closer . Not to take this conversation off topic and it’s kind of a touchy subject as a sports fan because no one actively want their team to be worse and you always want your team to win but I’d be lying if I said I don’t kind of miss going to the rink and wondering who was going to win the game . I want UNB to win every game but i don’t want to see them thump everyone 8-2 , if they are a few guys short and that 8-2 game becomes a 4-2 game , I’m going to have a better time .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad