2025 Draft

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ledge And Dairy

I've been looking at the 2025 draft prospects a little closer and it's quite surprising how many centers are available in the top 10 and still more in the top 15. Looks like a bumper year for our greatest need. Hopefully we can pick one that becomes our long desired #1C.
Forwards, particularly centers generally always tend to hold the top spots in draft rankings a year out since production is such much easier as a forward. As we slowly get closer to draft day more defensemen and wingers will likely emerge. It's also why the 2024 draft was so widely viewed as weak originally since there were so few of those early blooming forwards a year or 2 out

herashak

Mar 24, 2013
The draft has good centers, but Porter Martone looks like a Mathew Tkachuk replacement

Khrox

May 31, 2018
The draft has good centers, but Porter Martone looks like a Mathew Tkachuk replacement
As much as I would absolutely love a Tkachuk replacement, we desperately need Centers, unless you think Zary and Pospisil can become a legit 1/2 combo.

Ledge And Dairy

Not wrong but I think he will be similar to how teams were with Michkov. Michkov is comparable to guys like Fantilli, Carlson, and Smith from his draft but because those guys can all play center they had a clear advantage. I like Martone and I expect him to go top 5 but as of right now if I had to choose between him or Frondell, Ryabkin, and Misa I would choose one of the 3 centers. Martone will also probably be in high demand to the teams that have already drafted their centers like San Jose, Chicago, and Anaheim.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I will be really surprised if the Flames don't draft a center with their 1st round pick unless they finish much higher in the standings than expected. Assuming they will draft somewhere between 1 and 10, I will be happy with whoever Conroy picks and overjoyed if its a center... any center that Conroy feels is the best available pick. Maybe I'm naive but i figure if anybody knows what a good center looks like its the guy who's played 1000+ professional games as a center. I always felt Conroy's vast player experience gave him a leg up over Treliving when picking prospects.
So me saying I want this guy or this guy is just silly. What do I know compared to Craig Conroy and his experienced amateur scouting staff? Nothing. In Conroy I Trust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad