Prospect Info: 2025 Draft discussion

Jdodd

Jun 24, 2017
Frondell and Misa look good to me depending where we draft. Those two will probably go anywhere from #3-#8.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
If Misa is there I take him. Dudes a natural goal scorer. McQueen wouldn’t be bad either but I don’t know if we need another guy who’s skating seems to be the biggest weakness.

I base this off of the multiple prospect sites I follow and very little actual game footage so people can correct me where I’m wrong.

I want a Russian kid that will stay overseas for a year so we can keep sucking next year and get McKenna.
It’s unlikely any of them play on the big squad next year and even if they did none of them are carrying us to be good a team their first year.

Reactions: Sideline

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
If Misa is there I take him. Dudes a natural goal scorer. McQueen wouldn’t be bad either but I don’t know if we need another guy who’s skating seems to be the biggest weakness.

I base this off of the multiple prospect sites I follow and very little actual game footage so people can correct me where I’m wrong.
Yeah I've got a bit of PTSD with bad skaters. Feels like the last few years every Pens prospect profile began with "His skating needs work but..". More guys like Brunicke please

Last edited:

Sideline

May 23, 2004
I don't want poor skaters or anyone under 6' unless they are putting up video game numbers

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Martone seems interesting. 6'3 power forward who's absolutely torching the OHL right now. If he keeps it up he's probably going top-3 though. He also plays with Harding.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Yeah, I don't want a guy if all he's got is speed for the sake of speed. But also think it's important to note that skating is really important in this league, so if a guy's skating is below average, that should be a big enough knock to only take him if every other facet of his game is *exceptional*.

Hope this team continues to tumble and they luck into a top-3 pick this draft and McKenna next. That'd be about the only way they're gonna retool on the fly imo. Even then, they'd need to fire Sullivan and completely excise him from the org.

Mr. T

Feb 15, 2003
I'm all in on Landon Dupont in '27. Pretty remarkable what he has achieved despite having a father named Micki and an uncle that shot Mark Ruffalo.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
I don't want poor skaters or anyone under 6' unless they are putting up video game numbers
McQueen is like 6’5” and not a bad skater. From what I’ve heard he’s got good edge work. It seems there’s been improvement on his skating but every scout says something different. His skating has looked fine in the clips I’ve seen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad