Sarasota, FL
Ryakbin yes please

Here’s a guy in range,

European?Check
Big? Check
Right hand shot? Check
Has some SHL games?Check

Redwings HF i present you your 2025 1st round pick
Seems we are on the same page for prospects. They'll most likely be gone where we pick, but one could dream.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Plan is go after NTDP kids , then in the middle of draft get previously undrafted players who were good in u20 world cup. In the end we could get some more NTDP and one guy from Sweden

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
Seems we are on the same page for prospects. They'll most likely be gone where we pick, but one could dream.
Wozniak gives be Filip Forsberg vibes. I dont know how he wont be a top 10 pick. I do think we'll have a down year so we still might have a shot at him.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Max Westergard looks interesting.

EDIT:

Bill Zannon
Caden Taylor
Jorgen Nyhus Myhre( I'm hoping I spelled that right)
Dominick Pavlik
Viggo Nordlund
Ben Kindle

As far as the 1st round, lots of players I like.

Detroit won't be in a position to draft them.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilidk

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada

Here’s a guy in range,

European?Check
Big? Check
Right hand shot? Check
Has some SHL games?Check

Redwings HF i present you your 2025 1st round pick
Hyphenated last name too.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and say Detroit makes the playoffs and we draft around the 20th draft pick. Two paths here, the NA scouting pick or the Euro scouting pick. I am relying on Corey Pronman's rankings for guys who will be available when we pick.

Euro pick: Milton Gastrin, Centre (MODO-Sweden)
Ticks off the appropriate check boxes: decent size, good skater, competes hard, two-way player with questionable offensive upside. That just screams Red Wings draft pick. If this is Hakan's pick then you know I'm down. It's boring but I'm never going to outsmart that dude and I'm quite OK with that.

NA pick: William Moore, Centre (USNTDP)
Big, good skater, can score some. Not a true two-way 200 ft guy but if we feel good about what we've got down the middle with Larkin, Danielson and Kasper then you can take a swing with Moore and worst case scenario you move him to wing.

Reactions: wings95

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
I expect Wings to miss playoffs and have another 11-15 OA pick. C Caleb Desnoyers is a really good prospect, mobile two-way guy with size and skill who could go in that range.

Reactions: wings95 and lilidk

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I'm going to be cautiously optimistic and say Detroit makes the playoffs and we draft around the 20th draft pick. Two paths here, the NA scouting pick or the Euro scouting pick. I am relying on Corey Pronman's rankings for guys who will be available when we pick.

Euro pick: Milton Gastrin, Centre (MODO-Sweden)
Ticks off the appropriate check boxes: decent size, good skater, competes hard, two-way player with questionable offensive upside. That just screams Red Wings draft pick. If this is Hakan's pick then you know I'm down. It's boring but I'm never going to outsmart that dude and I'm quite OK with that.

NA pick: William Moore, Centre (USNTDP)
Big, good skater, can score some. Not a true two-way 200 ft guy but if we feel good about what we've got down the middle with Larkin, Danielson and Kasper then you can take a swing with Moore and worst case scenario you move him to wing.
What is "Hakan's pick"?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad