Prospect Info: 2024 World Juniors

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
Danielson playing every role the coach gives him well…

He’s been a really solid defensive forward thus far. I hope he takes Geekie’s spot next game and starts netting a few goals too. His offensive abilities have yet to be seen so far this tournament.

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007

He’s been a really solid defensive forward thus far. I hope he takes Geekie’s spot next game and starts netting a few goals too. His offensive abilities have yet to be seen so far this tournament.
Danielsson is going to end up being a good 2c/3c who can consistently chip in 15-25 goals during his career while playing a 200ft game.

In other words, a really solid pick at 9OA. The kind of guy SC winning teams have in their middle six.

Larkin is the 1c and will be for another 8 years. The Wings need one of Danielsson or Kasper to become that solid middle 6 guy.

Christien

May 1, 2010
It's so easy to see how Dumais fell in the draft. He's been unable to stand out at all or make plays in this tournament, makes you worry if he can translate to the next level

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
Danielson might be one of Canada's top performing players by default for simply not screwing up and playing solid D, judging by the game thread.

Yikes.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really

I'm hoping this tournament is the coach's slow realization that he should play Danielson more. Literally every line he plays on has success.

Plus I know one of the criticisms pre-draft was that almost all of his offense comes shooting off of the rush, but he's showing a lot of range in this tournament. He's cycling, he's grinding, he's finding space in stationary type plays. He's showing a lot of passing skill, too. He has two really nice primary assists.

Last edited:

Barry Amsterdam

Fillin Nets Since 18
Apr 2, 2013
I'm hoping this tournament is the coach's slow realization that he should play Danielson more. Literally every line he plays on has success.

Plus I know one of the criticisms pre-draft was that almost all of his offense comes off of the rush, but he's showing a lot of range in this tournament. He's cycling, he's grinding, he's finding space in stationary type plays. He's showing a lot of passing skill, too. He has two really nice primary assists.
One thing i think will help him a lot to produce more is moving his feet in the Ozone. With the puck he’s very stationary from my many viewings

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
One thing i think will help him a lot to produce more is moving his feet in the Ozone. With the puck he’s very stationary from my many viewings
I noticed this as well. Looks like he’s over analyzing all the time. Not a bad thing, but has to learn to keep his feet moving at the same time and keep his feet off the train tracks….

Reactions: Barry Amsterdam

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC

Plus I know one of the criticisms pre-draft was that almost all of his offense comes shooting off of the rush, but he's showing a lot of range in this tournament. He's cycling, he's grinding, he's finding space in stationary type plays. He's showing a lot of passing skill, too. He has two really nice primary assists.
Agreed, and it's why I have an issue with people who peg him with limited offensive upside. Everything you pointed out is and always has been true about his offense. You see him time himself sliding through traffic and manipulating space. Players with his physical skillset that do those kind of off-puck things aren't to be overlooked.

jaster

Hanas chirps per 60 record holder
Jun 8, 2007
Goalies don't give their teams confidence. They let in 2 off a 3 cheesy shots, and make you lose your calm demeanour and question what year you are in.
Ha. Yeah, I meant he gives his team confidence in him, being so stable. As opposed to, you know, current Red Wings goalies :laugh:

Reactions: Oddbob

schuelma24

Jul 14, 2023
My completely half assed shot in the dark impressions so far..

Danielson - solid. yay.
ASP- kind of meh?
Augustine - a clear step above Fowler and clearly the US goalie going forward. YAY.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Danielson did have a play he's going to regret. He fell and that led to a giveaway, and then he gets up and a shot deflects off his stick and into the net. Nothing he would do differently, just some pretty shit luck.

I fully expect some kind of overreaction to that now, like Canada fans are going to talk about how bad he was.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
My completely half assed shot in the dark impressions so far..

Danielson - solid. yay.
ASP- kind of meh?
Augustine - a clear step above Fowler and clearly the US goalie going forward. YAY.
I would have thought Fowler would look better with half of his BC team in front of him, but not so. I'm all too happy to see Trey take the wheel and drive.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Danielson has been really good in this QF game against the Czechs. I would love to see the time each player has had the puck on their stick this game because I think Danielson would run away with it right now

Christien

May 1, 2010
Danielson was very good today. Rough tournament for Canada

Excited to see ASP play today. I think Augustine is not starting though unfortunately

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad