2024 World Juniors Summer Showcase - July 28 - August 3 - USA Hockey Arena, Plymouth, MI

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Luchanko with the tap in from Catton on the PP. Bjarnason has really shut things down for Canada after chances galore for the US. Emotions are high and refs trying to keep it under control, tons of physicality to end the period.
Parekh gets the 2nd assist on this one. If you can trust Hockey Canada scoring .. which would be generous. They can't even bother to get the lineup numbers right.
3-2 after 2

Last edited:

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Fun game, stretches of great play from both teams and lots of momentum swings. Bjarnason was excellent in net both games that I saw him. Got to build up some more bad blood and competition between these guys prior to the real deal this winter. Should be some tough choices ahead for the selection groups.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
$20CAD or back pain from hell in person. I look forward to seeing how I hold up tomorrow. Do not miss those seats.
I have been sitting in those seats since the arena was built 28 years ago. Never had an issue, and I do have back problems.

Question for the Canadian fans out there. Just got back from today's games. What's up with the goalie jerseys? Team Canada was dressed in white, but both Canadian goalies wore grey. I have never seen that before. Did they think this was soccer? :sarcasm:

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
I have been sitting in those seats since the arena was built 28 years ago. Never had an issue, and I do have back problems.

Question for the Canadian fans out there. Just got back from today's games. What's up with the goalie jerseys? Team Canada was dressed in white, but both Canadian goalies wore grey. I have never seen that before. Did they think this was soccer? :sarcasm:
I was being hyperbolic but lets not pretend those seats aren't garbage and the leg room is not amazing. I hadn't been in that arena in almost 8 years and its still as soulless and depressing as I remember it. Too bad it has to be the home of USA hockey.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
I was being hyperbolic but lets not pretend those seats aren't garbage and the leg room is not amazing. I hadn't been in that arena in almost 8 years and its still as soulless and depressing as I remember it. Too bad it has to be the home of USA hockey.
Leg room will depend on where you sit. Our seats are at center ice in the 2nd to last row -- the row right behind us against the press box has less leg room. The seats themselves have been fine -- our only complaint is that sometimes one of the air handlers blows directly on us (wasn't an issue yesterday, though). I've sat through countless games over almost 3 decades there, as a season ticket holder for the Plymouth Whalers and now the US NTDP. The seats were replaced by USA Hockey when they bought the arena (they used to be green), but the old seats were similar.

It's an old arena, so not sure what you are expecting. USA Hockey jumped at the chance to buy the complex when Pete Karmanos sold the Whalers and they relocated to Flint back in 2015. The NTDP had outgrown their old facility -- the Ice Cube -- in nearby Ann Arbor. The organization has put quite a bit of money into the facility -- built a new addition on the back of the building which houses a state of the art training facility, replaced the boards and glass, expanded the locker rooms, put on a new roof, etc.

We are just happy that Karmanos sold the place to USA Hockey instead of to developers who would have torn it down to build another industrial complex. We are getting enough of those already in the township.

Reactions: Chainshot

clevelandcane

Dec 30, 2011
Ohio
I love USA Hockey Arena. The building seats just the right amount of folks and aesthetically it looks great for Team USA. It is not supposed to house the New York Rangers. Not sure what folks want but I love the rink.

Reactions: Whalers Fan

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium