2024 World Hockey Championships

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Team USA fails again.
*Yawn* Nothing new here. The U.S. usually does well in The Worlds until it actually matters. I expect a medal in the WJC. I expect to contend for a medal in the Olympics. I only hope for a good experience for our prospects at The Worlds.

Reactions: lilidk

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
Whatever team bails Verbeek out of that mess will regret it...

Pierre-Luc Dubois... the juice isn't worth the squeeze...
Bailed out of a 3 year 5 million dollar contract because of a bad World Championships? Lol come back down to earth bud.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Bailed out of a 3 year 5 million dollar contract because of a bad World Championships? Lol come back down to earth bud.
Yeah, you think the next one's gonna be any lower? You think Beeker's gonna just walk away from him? That's a situation that needs solving and I don't want the Wings holding the bag once it's solved...

Slim

Nov 2, 2014
Up north

If you come to a teams board to comment on things we write here, it would be appreciated if you drop the general boards lingo, drop the lols and buds. I figure that you found your way here by searching for your hero and what is written about him, but still it is not too much to ask that you check were things are posted before you reply. Thanks.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
You know a coach is bad when Damon Severson ever enters their mind as a shootout option. Owen Power as well. YIKES!

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011
If you come to a teams board to comment on things we write here, it would be appreciated if you drop the general boards lingo, drop the lols and buds. I figure that you found your way here by searching for your hero and what is written about him, but still it is not too much to ask that you check were things are posted before you reply. Thanks.

Yeah, with those 45 posts in 10 years, there's no reason why you can't dictate forum decorum.

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
You don’t own the Detroit board BUD. I can comment wherever I want. I did search because I was curious how he played.

Either way you can’t comment on what I said because it makes no sense. 2 years left 5 million dollar contract on a team not close to the cap. You don’t want people to respond then make sense with what you comment on.

I didn’t come here to troll Detroit or argue with your player. I responded to a silly statement.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I'm not a Zegras fan, but it's not like his contract is a big deal here. It's not a big deal at all. Bail them out? wtf

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I'm not a Zegras fan, but it's not like his contract is a big deal here. It's not a big deal at all. Bail them out? wtf
Again, this is not the only contract he will sign and prevailing wisdom would indicate his next one won't be any cheaper. Zegras is somewhat analogous to Hronek. Decent enough player, but the coming contract is not one I want to be on the hook for. Not for what he brings to the table.

Vancouver bailed the Wings out and now they need someone to bail them out.

Jeff Skinner is also a good cautionary tale...

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
It's not a big deal but it would be a little funny if people cry about buying out or paying to get rid of a guy like Copp only to bring in Zegras who is as expensive, worse defensively and produces at a similar rate.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
USA had a terrible tourny. They are finished after losing in quarters to Czechnia.

Very surprised. Thought they actually brought one of their better teams. Basically didn’t win any games. (except against tier 2 caliber opponents). 0-3 against Sweden, Slovakia and Czechnia.

On paper they had a lot of high skill scoring types but not many defensive or two way guys. Shane Pinto is their best two way forward. Goaltending was also super weak.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad