2024 Who would you have drafted?

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Demidov i think is what everyone wanted and it complements the Reinbacher pick.
Not sure why we don't call Demidov a generational talent. He's 6'1", we need to see him in the KHL but so far he's on course to have better stats than Michkov who was taught to be equal to Bedard aka former generational prospect.

Eiserman, we should have tried to move up 1 spot, the cost should of been reasonable, pure goal scorer machine,

Koivu, its the right pick, if he makes it, great if not its ok,

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Pretty sure connelly was a DND for Hughes. Attitude counts for him.

We havecto hope Hage does better thsn Greentree. I liked Greentree at the U18, and he’s supposed to have improved hid skating. Chicago might have taken him at 21, though, and Hage would have gone soon after.

The second day was weird, but the second day was weird last year and a lot of the guys had good seasons.

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I think that for me, since I started to follow prospects, it's way more the strategy than the players. For example....I didn't know Filip Eriksson. At all. Did I want somebody else immediately when it happened? Surely....but then you start looking at the player...start looking at the context, what happened to him, the injury and all and geez....you TOTALLY understand the pick. It was a great bet to make. Doesn't matter if he makes it or not....I'm talking at what happened in the moment. Just awesome strategy. Unknown but potential high ceiling for tons of reasons. Clearly, same thing was true for Konyushkov.

My main problem this year is that, in my evaluation, we went more with safer and lower ceiling players. Like Protz. I would have said the same thing with Koivu but the reports seem to suggest that the guy has a slower development curve and might be able to boom. We will see. But at first, he also seemed at a safer lower ceiling player. The 3 guys that seem to scream higher potential boom or bust type of players are Sawyer, Thorpe and Khanin. Everything else says low ceiling and some like Merrill...my god does he has so much work to do....especially in his skating. And Bergqvist, well, while people don't want to use hockeydb to analyse a player, an overager who is still penciled to play in J20 weak league for a 3rd year in a row is a longshot....to say the least.

Obviously...I,m SOLELY talking about day 2. We f***ing hit it out of the park in the 1st!

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Not sure why we don't call Demidov a generational talent. He's 6'1", we need to see him in the KHL but so far he's on course to have better stats than Michkov who was taught to be equal to Bedard aka former generational prospect.

Eiserman, we should have tried to move up 1 spot, the cost should of been reasonable, pure goal scorer machine,

He was drafted by the Habs, this is why we can't call him a generational talent.

Reactions: Bombshell11

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Body wanted to take a chance on Eiserman more than me. But once you get Demidov, Eiserman becomes a bit redundant in the lineup. It would’ve made more sense if we got say… Lidstrom who plays more of a power game.

But yeah, love Eiserman’s potential.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah, I don't believe Eiserman will fail. People comparing him to Wahlstrom. Wahlstrom had no work ethic. And frankly, it was evident in his D+1 that he might have already reached his ceiling. I don't believe it will happen with Eiserman.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, I don't believe Eiserman will fail. People comparing him to Wahlstrom. Wahlstrom had no work ethic. And frankly, it was evident in his D+1 that he might have already reached his ceiling. I don't believe it will happen with Eiserman.
Hugo alluded to the fact that they would have drafted differently had they not gotten Demidov. I think if it had been say Lidstrom instead, then we may have gone after Eiserman. But once you’ve already got Demidov and CC, it makes sense to get a back up at center for Dach.

Reactions: Whitesnake

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm surprise they did not drat Justin Poirier. He has a potential to be a home run pick.

I was surprised too but I also understand they probably feel like they are quota with Caufield already so they were only going to do it when the value was at its highest.. I'd probably argue it was open season any time after Thorpe but I'm gonna trust them after how much I hated day 2 last year after the Fowler pick and how good it looks one year out.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
I was surprised too but I also understand they probably feel like they are quota with Caufield already so they were only going to do it when the value was at its highest.. I'd probably argue it was open season any time after Thorpe but I'm gonna trust them after how much I hated day 2 last year after the Fowler pick and how good it looks one year out.

Poirier is 3 years away from making it to the NHL. Lot of stuff can happen with the roster. If he end up making it to the NHL, we could have trade him for another player. With the third round pick +, you need to take chance on some small player.

GM always end up regretting not drafting skilled small player like Logan in Dallas, Debrincat with Chicago or Hutson with the Habs.

Reactions: 1909

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad