OT: 2024 Weather Thread

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Yes, City of Edm was around 37, but this is the airport reading, and believe it reached around 33 in June 2021.

For Edmonton, next Wednesday looks to be the 4th hottest July day ever.

Umm, that 37 is kind of missing from their chart thingy.

Predictions from 2021:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
We were driving to our summer place in the interior that day. Was in the low to mid 40’s when we arrived. A tad too hot for me. Going to be around 40 here next week, lots of jumping in the lake time and leaving the exercise till the late evening.

Yeah that gets too hot. The lake is the best place to be then with lots of cold beer!

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North

Heh, try working in a School where there is no air handling unit, no Air conditioning, and the walls are built with wood, no concrete, and you are expected to do a full 8 hours job of moving furniture and cleaning the school. You are basically working in a wooden shed at 36 degrees Celsius inside.

f*** this.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Heh, try working in a School where there is no air handling unit, no Air conditioning, and the walls are built with wood, no concrete, and you are expected to do a full 8 hours job of moving furniture and cleaning the school. You are basically working in a wooden shed at 36 degrees Celsius inside.

f*** this.
Here is a site that sells “air conditioned” clothing. Was thinking gifting my brother a shirt because he is working in this heat, not sure if it’s real lol

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Here is a site that sells “air conditioned” clothing. Was thinking gifting my brother a shirt because he is working in this heat, not sure if it’s real lol
It’s real. They are very popular with construction workers in Japan. I see them all the time.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
If I’m ever able to retire, I’m moving to Iceland. Yes I know it’s not a country of ice but their average year-round temps are in my wheelhouse.
I was thinking if I can’t afford to retire, I would drive out into a wooded area with a shovel and pick axe and just start digging.
It would be cool deep under a mountain right? And all of the cool bugs I would find..

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
I look forward to the day(s) when it rains and its cool/cold. Such a relief it would be with the added benefit of proving that any drought and global warming is a hoax.
At least Thursday night its supposed to cool off a bit (to 15) as opposed to staying at 22/23 like it has the last few days. That will make a big difference

Last edited:
Reactions: oilers'72

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad