OT: 2024 Weather Thread

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
rain coming in my area for the next few days. Was delayed, but looks like rainy spring may be here this week.

Reactions: bellagiobob

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Getting 10 - 15mm tomorrow here. Not flood levels of course, but gonna be a wet day and I may have to be workin outside the next day. Hate work outside when it's humid.

Reactions: bellagiobob

SaltNPeca

Jan 9, 2017
Köln
Hey Fellas!

I just made a short visit to the homeland. I arrived shortly after the snowfall(s), and as my plane took off the downpour was starting :)

Bright and sunny with very *crisp* air every day of my visit. VERY dry air which cracked my lips.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The Global newscast last night was hilarious. When they're not talking about potential drought their talking about floods. When they're not talking about fires they're talking about global warming. Fully 80% of the telecast was some hyped up fear mongering.

So that we have two little rain, and too much rain, and blame global warming for catastrophe that are all imminent.

Then whenever they do the drought angle they talk to some cattle farmer in southern Alberta that is in what has always been a semi-arid region unlike Central or Northern Alberta which is a different biosphere and is NOT experiencing drought of any kind. Yet the Edmonton news constantly with this drought and fires forecasts while it just keeps raining and raining.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
The Global newscast last night was hilarious. When they're not talking about potential drought their talking about floods. When they're not talking about fires they're talking about global warming. Fully 80% of the telecast was some hyped up fear mongering.

So that we have two little rain, and too much rain, and blame global warming for catastrophe that are all imminent.

Then whenever they do the drought angle they talk to some cattle farmer in southern Alberta that is in what has always been a semi-arid region unlike Central or Northern Alberta which is a different biosphere and is NOT experiencing drought of any kind. Yet the Edmonton news constantly with this drought and fires forecasts while it just keeps raining and raining.
It is obvious that there are many posters from other social media sites who are very upset at this rain.

The, "We blame 'them' for not controlling the weather and causing this Alberta drought" posts have vanished. For now... ;)

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It is obvious that there are many posters from other social media sites who are very upset at this rain.

The, "We blame 'them' for not controlling the weather and causing this Alberta drought" posts have vanished. For now... ;)
But they don't even vanish. They just switch up the alarm angle. Oh now we're worried about floods. On now we have too much rain. Blame Global warming again. Its of course the catch all. Any weather change is trumped up reason to go into the usual hysteria the world is ending in 12 yrs (whoops) hyperbole.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
But they don't even vanish. They just switch up the alarm angle. Oh now we're worried about floods. On now we have too much rain. Blame Global warming again. Its of course the catch all. Any weather change is trumped up reason to go into the usual hysteria the world is ending in 12 yrs (whoops) hyperbole.
It's usually a two year window. Those who get paid to speak have stated the two-year rule for decades now. I mean, "How dare us!"

This is the latest from April, 2024.

"Humanity has only two years left “to save the world”"

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton

The “expert” they trotted out this morning (who looks like she never goes outside) was saying we need 2 years of rain like we’ve had this week to escape our drought conditions.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's usually a two year window. Those who get paid to speak have stated the two-year rule for decades now. I mean, "How dare us!"

This is the latest.

"Humanity has only two years left “to save the world”"
He's just demonstrating that a good first step would be to rid the world of the co-opted UN. So many alleged crises would be averted.

I'm stuck on sarcasm today. help! ;)

The “expert” they trotted out this morning (who looks like she never goes outside) was saying we need 2 years of rain like we’ve had this week to escape our drought conditions.
Yeah I caught that one too. Same report as last nights news. Theres no reason to have different news casts now. They can just film a few and keep rotating them. lol

2yrs of rain sounds biblical to me. Ironically the most severe climate change I would say. Or geography change as we're under water...

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010

Not just Global or local to Edmonton newscasts unfortunately.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Mr Kot

Jan 15, 2022
Speaking of climate skepticism, since this thread seems appropriate, saw this documentary. Was pretty good, normally I don't deny climate change, but there is a lot of questions brought up that require some deeper digging. Give it a shot, if you are interested

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Speaking of climate skepticism, since this thread seems appropriate, saw this documentary. Was pretty good, normally I don't deny climate change, but there is a lot of questions brought up that require some deeper digging. Give it a shot, if you are interested

The maxim to pay most attention to is if there isn't a discernible enemy govts will invent several so as to control their populace. Writers have been warning us about this for centuries but it never stops, and always easy enough to fool a majority.

Notice that big govt never warns us about the dangers of ever bigger govt and ever more control. That seems again the more existential threat today.

"Theres no such thing as settled science" Yep. The history of Science reads as discovering past Scientific beliefs that were either false or unproven, or co-opted by external agenda.

This is one of the better books I've read on the subject.

oh well, Go Oilers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Kot

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
I prefer to actually pay attention to what the vast majority of the scientific world has to say on the subject.
Btw, climate & weather are not the same.
Crazy, crazy thought.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
I prefer to actually pay attention to what the vast majority of the scientific world has to say on the subject.
Btw, climate & weather are not the same.
Crazy, crazy thought.

100% agreed, maybe you or one of your 'enemies' can go and create a "Climate Thread" to 'discuss' in instead?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
The big enemy in my mind is not the lack of precipitation, but the never ending amounts of wind that we get. Does nothing but dry everything up, even when we do get some rain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad