OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Rumours out here (radio talk shows) are Maxx Crosby….. and would cost our first.

Probably some more (not another first, just more).

Before people freak out about the first. Take an actual look at “the Condor”.

Oh man he’d be HUGE here. Would fill a gaping hole on the team, and sure while he’s expensive in $$$ and acquisitions costs, they have the cap space, and they would be lucky to get a Crosby in the middle of the first round. Much less later in the first round.

Just saying.
He’s a monster and young’ish still at 27.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
even the new blood (Harris, Peters, Quinn) know that they have shelf lives. Whatever those are.

My point in all of this (the great start, the “5yr window” for JD5’s contract, injuries, competitive NFL balance, etc etc) is that smart moves should be made now, if they are available.

Zero Point in waiting.

This team has any many wins as any NFC team. Sure, a couple have 1 less loss. But that’s it. Their losses were to good to very good teams.

Yes, schedule has been friendly to them. However they have crushed the 3 teams they were supposed to crush. That’s a pretty big deal.

If the new regime wants to use futures (intelligently, which I trust would happen), I don’t have ANY reason to not support that.

Why would any of the rest of you? Why?

Everything in life can be very fleeting. Take the bull by the horns!!
We're also still improving week by week.

BAL is a better team than us, but they didn't crush us. And we came immediately back from that loss, lost our starting QB and the first drive of the next game, and wiped the floor with the opponent. Yes, it was CAR, yes we were supposed to crush them -- and we did. That's not who this team has been in a very, VERY long time.

The division games are going to make or break us -- and I think make. Because we're still improving. I don't think we'd beat DET if we played them this week. But in the playoffs (yeah, I said the "p" word), DET without Hutch, maybe we add a piece or two, injuries could help us out (or hurt us, of course). It's not crazy to say that this team could make a serious run.

Crazier shit's happened.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
We're also still improving week by week.

BAL is a better team than us, but they didn't crush us. And we came immediately back from that loss, lost our starting QB and the first drive of the next game, and wiped the floor with the opponent. Yes, it was CAR, yes we were supposed to crush them -- and we did. That's not who this team has been in a very, VERY long time.

The division games are going to make or break us -- and I think make. Because we're still improving. I don't think we'd beat DET if we played them this week. But in the playoffs (yeah, I said the "p" word), DET without Hutch, maybe we add a piece or two, injuries could help us out (or hurt us, of course). It's not crazy to say that this team could make a serious run.

Crazier shit's happened.
Exactly. I am having what you are having. Let’s go.

“Check, please”

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
He’s a monster and young’ish still at 27.
Yea, moving a 1st+ for that kind of player, who will be in his prime(ish) for the remainder of JD’s rookie deal, would be totally worth it. You pray to land someone of his caliber with a middle 1st.

A monster DE that can wreck games does wonders for a crappy secondary such as ours. Though, I’d figure Detroit would outbid almost anyone if he hits the market.

Even Za’Darius Smith wouldn’t be a bad move for a late middle to late pick(s). He’d help for this year and next.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008

3 big WR names being shopped and Washington was not in on any of the conversations. That's a good thing. WR is not our problem.

They could have easily gotten any of them for a 3rd rounder or 5th rounder too.

Also just realized all 3 of those names are on the wrong side of 30. Yeah, let's draft and develop talent instead of a quick fix

Reactions: Jags

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
If the Commanders make a trade, I would look at DE and CB. Any trade should either be for minimal compensation (pick swap or late pick) OR should be for someone who is re-signing or has term. No rentals for high compensation (unless an extension is in the works). I would consider a trade like what Chicago did for Sweat (2nd rounder and then immediately extended him).

If it does end up being a DE (Crosby is the pipe dream), the Commies could ship either Allen or Payne out this offseason to help keep the cap balanced as they continue to add.

Edit: As CapitalsCupReality pointed out, and I forgot to look up, Crosby is under contract for two additional years.

Last edited:

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Wow, mariota actually looked really good out there.

Here come the talking heads with the scorching hot takes "Is Daniels just a system QB? Could a qb controversy be brewing in washington??" Lmao
From a reader chat in the WaPo yesterday:

"Any validity to the theory that Mariota's success on Sunday shows that Jayden is a "system QB"?
Pudge Heffelfinger

3:01 p.m.
Please rename the team the Washington Pigskins. Thank you.

Nicki Jhabvala

No."

Not a talking head, but still...

And Nicki's reply: priceless!🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Roric

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
The Raiders aren’t moving Crosby but he’d be an incredible addition to any defense.

The Commanders are in on Zadarius Smith but they’ve got competition from Baltimore and Detroit so I’m not sure how likely that is to happen.

JD could play this week next week at latest imo. If he doesn’t play they’ll probably lose to Chicago.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Cooper Kupp is on the trade block. If the price is cheap I would be tempted.

But agree with others if we trade it should be for D.
I mean, sure, but why? Depth?Their offense is currently ranked 1 in points scored. If they could get him for a conditional late round pick sure.

The need is clearly at CB and Edge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad