OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
As an also Saints fan, ESPN did a good rundown on the dregs of the NFL, and the Saints are at the bottom. Injuries have wrecked this season, but they've been so delusional for so long about their "window" that they have an ungodly salary cap reckoning coming that will take them at least 2 years just to get out from under the dead weight.

Their future QB either isn't on the roster or is a few years off (Rattler, maybe). Their only good unit is OL, but that's where the brunt of the injuries are. Pains me to say that they are a loooong way from being good again.

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
They can't say it like this but this ultimately feels to me like:

"We didn't expect to be 5-2 anyway, we're playing with some house money and we're not about to risk a decade of quarterback play for this shit" which is exactly the right move.

Doesn't hurt that Mariota came in and started dropping touch passes all over the place. For all the talk about this being a college offense like it's a bad thing, it's weird how another good college quarterback can take the reins and ball out. Yeah it was Carolina but Mariota looked really good based on what I saw.

As a Packers fan who got to watch Malik Willis do a similar thing, don't bother rushing Daniels to come back, just let everything settle and play the system without "the guy". You'll learn a lot about your team that way.
I mean, yes - all that is very sensible. And you’re right, even though it was just CAR, it was probably good for the rest of the team to step up and know they can win without JD.

OTOH, I am a very petty person and would love to see Jayden beat Caleb Williams and ruin his big DC homecoming, lol.

With it being a bruise to the ribs or some kind of soft tissue injury, the main concern is probably just pain with his throwing motion. I imagine it’s not like a leg injury that could become catastrophic. So, in theory, they could give him a flak jacket and shoot him up. But, it’s not a must-win, and there’s no need to rush him like that.

Fortunately, the organization finally has adults in the room who will make the smart call.

Reactions: robertmac43

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Reactions: Ridley Simon

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Rumours out here (radio talk shows) are Maxx Crosby….. and would cost our first.

Probably some more (not another first, just more).

Before people freak out about the first. Take an actual look at “the Condor”.

Oh man he’d be HUGE here. Would fill a gaping hole on the team, and sure while he’s expensive in $$$ and acquisitions costs, they have the cap space, and they would be lucky to get a Crosby in the middle of the first round. Much less later in the first round.

Just saying.

Reactions: kicksavedave

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad