OT: 2024 Washington Commanders thread: change we can believe in!

Kazer

Jun 20, 2009
Maryland, US
Not being an ass, but did we lose yesterday because we didn't have a Higgins type WR?
If the Commanders have BRob, they might have won yesterday. Since Ekeler isn't that much of a traditional rushing threat (and the Ravens have a great front four), that allowed the Ravens to really focus on the pass game which made our offense a lot more predictable.

However, bigger picture, the Commanders will not be actually competitive* until they have a defense. They have some pieces in place, but there are consistent holes.

*In the playoffs not just competing for a playoff spot.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
We know the D can’t make the big stops against the better teams. Too many holes to plug (with one CB), but we can try to outscore teams.

Yesterday we just couldn’t keep pace on offense. BRob would have helped, but not much.

Ravens were always going to take away the run and make us beat them in the air and we have like one legit threat there as well all know…

Reactions: ynotcaps

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Very close game. I thought the flag on Ravens 3rd and long was terrible. That turned that drive from punt to Ravens TD.

Good fight. This was always a tough match-up and they dearly missed BRob here but still put up a great fight even though the defense got badly out-matched at times here.

On to the next one.

Reactions: ynotcaps

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Very close game. I thought the flag on Ravens 3rd and long was terrible. That turned that drive from punt to Ravens TD.

Good fight. This was always a tough match-up and they dearly missed BRob here but still put up a great fight even though the defense got badly out-matched at times here.

On to the next one.
Agreed. There were some calls that I did not agree with …. PI’s. On BSJ. That said, he was getting torched all day.

Regardless, the measure of a good team, is what happens next. The NFL’s version of UMass is coming into town. Skins need to take care of business and do what “good teams” do…. Win and win convincingly.

That would show a lot

Hope this guy gets his. He drilled that poor guy in the 21 jersey, pretty badly. Not cool, like at all.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
Oooh, boy. That's a tough call. I think he'd be MUCH more expensive than Higgins -- contract and cost to acquire. But he's Tyreke Hill. Hmmm.

Chokingdogs

Apr 18, 2006
Back to reality game yesterday. A bit better than I was expecting, specially after opening drives. Unless something changes personnel wise, on D, that’ll be what we we’ll see against “good” teams.

As an aside, after 60+ years of skidz STs being in my immediate and local family, I’m finally going to see them live. Pokes game in November, that’s the good news. The rub is, not going with the fam, rather some friends, half of which are Pokes fanbois.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad